X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pagan Altars :)

Thought I'd bring this one back from the dead, it seemed to do ok XD

Does anyone have any piccies of their altar (if you have one) and/or any tips on creating one?

My piccies will be up son, as soon as i've cleaned my altar XD

x
    "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
    - Open world; Wounds closed.

Re: Pagan Alters

Ooh, I was hoping to see this topic come back up! I have pics of mine, but they're really dark. Once I get it ready for Samhain, I'll take new pics.

When I started out with making mine, I was really unsure how to go about it. Sure, I figured out the basics, but i felt like i was still doing something wrong. But I figured out that really, your altar is yours to make, it doesn't really matter how you set it up.
    I love altars! Lol

Comment

Re: Pagan Altars

I have some photos of my own here:

Of Thespiae

Comment

Here are two of mine!

The first is my ancestor shrine:

And the second is Dionysos' shrine.

Not very good pictures of either, but this will do until I have the time/energy to take better photos!

Comment

The first picture is of my outdoor altar. Mr Penry made it from a tree trunk from one of the trees in our garden, then incised it with a lead pentacle....

the second picture is my kitchen altar - which is set up at my dresser.
          www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Well, I'll post the pic again, even though I already answered on the previous site to this (i wasn't able to see the comments before the site crashed). I'm aware that not everyone thinks mine is an altar, but I guess it can be considered as one. It already existed when I read about altars and realised it doesn't have to be something which almost shouts outloud that "look at me, I'm an altar". After that I've just consiously gathered suitable stuff on it. Though it still doesn't consist all of my spiritual stuff, but I hope someday I can make the top drawer dedicated just for those things, for example my tarot cards and most of the crystals are kept in other place.

I don't do rituals on it or anything like that but it's a place to remind me about important things, place to light candles etc. (and I also keep some of my crystals and other "magical" stuff in the box and pots.) In the blurred pictures are my parents and my little brother (i thought they might not like if i posted pics of them to the internet). Tealight holders symbolize balance for me (i consider the green one to be the more masculine one and the white one the feminine one) and I also want to have a plant on the table always. It used to be a bigger one but i had to change the plant because the previous one grew too big. The white thing beside the green tealight holder is a seashell where I keep my rings (which I wear everyday), couple of necklaces and few pairs of earrings. And yes, I love green - especially green glass.

And I don't follow any tradition so that's why the "altar" doesn't follow any particular tradition either and can be also claimed not to be an altar.

Comment

I have so many altars around my home I just uploaded a bunch of pics from around the apt to an old art site I had. If it asks for mature content, click yes... long as you stay away from the art link it's all SFW

https://sites.google.com/site/kashak.../bio/pixofme-2 (scroll down to "my home" and click around)
              -=Ex Ignorantia Ad Sapientiam; E Luce Ad Tenebras=-

My art and writing http://khaotyk-artwerx.tk/
              (whole site is marked adult, the adult and gore sections are in their own section so you can opt not to view them, adult and/or gore stories are marked with an *)

Comment

My one and only:

Mostly art.

Comment

[quote author=Tylluan Penry link=topic=109.msg1063#msg1063 date=1286789941]
                  The first picture is of my outdoor altar. Mr Penry made it from a tree trunk from one of the trees in our garden, then incised it with a lead pentacle....

the second picture is my kitchen altar - which is set up at my dresser.
                  [/quote]

Oh dear....I really don't know what happened here..... I posted the pictures as attachments (under additional options) but they don't show up? Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I'll try again...
                  one at a time this time....

Comment

And here's the second, of the altar in my kitchen....

Mods - I'm really sorry to have double posted here but I can't find the double post button and when I tried to post the two pictures together they wouldn't load at all.

Comment

Cool pictures, Tylluan Penry!

(off topic - is that a Jezail rifle in the background in the second picture? A family heirloom?)
                      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

[quote author=Tylluan Penry link=topic=109.msg1551#msg1551 date=1286868697]
                        And here's the second, of the altar in my kitchen....

Mods - I'm really sorry to have double posted here but I can't find the double post button and when I tried to post the two pictures together they wouldn't load at all.
                        [/quote]

Your kitchen is OUTSTANDING Tylluan. Also, I don't think I've ever told you, but you're very beautiful in those pictures.

Mostly art.

Comment

I love Tylluan's Kitchen Altar....one day I would like to have something similar

my files are too large to post now...I'll be back
                          What you see depends on what you are looking for.

Comment

[quote author=B. de Corbin link=topic=109.msg1620#msg1620 date=1286886202]
                            Cool pictures, Tylluan Penry!

(off topic - is that a Jezail rifle in the background in the second picture? A family heirloom?)
                            [/quote]

Wow - you have good eyesight! Yes, it's an Indian Matchlock rifle, probably dates back to the early 19th century I think, very pretty with brass strapwork. Above it are two eighteenth century coaching horns.

[quote author=volcaniclastic link=topic=109.msg1647#msg1647 date=1286894653]
                            Your kitchen is OUTSTANDING Tylluan. Also, I don't think I've ever told you, but you're very beautiful in those pictures.
                            [/quote]
                            :-[ Thank you!

With regards to my kitchen at the moment it's full of cobwebs - that way I don't have to decorate for Samhain or Halloween

Comment

Love the pictures, Tylluan!

Comment

Working...
                              X