X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pagan Altars

Originally posted by WinterTraditions View Post
    I frequently change my shrine/altar areas. Practically every other week. This is what it currently looks like:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2132[/ATTACH]

That's my shrine to Archangel Uriel. Red candles are one of the few colors I can find abundantly, so I have no issue burning them. Other colors -especially black- are generally not burned because I don't know when I'll be able to get another batch (probably once a year around Halloween, sadly.)
    protip: you can find black birthday candles at the dollar store, usually. They're tiny, but unless I buy the 'witchy' candles, that's all I get for black candles here.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
      protip: you can find black birthday candles at the dollar store, usually. They're tiny, but unless I buy the 'witchy' candles, that's all I get for black candles here.
      Buy a lot of pillars when they are on sale and paint em! This works less well on tapers cause they burn funny, and you dont want the paint catching fire, but for the most part it just breaks down into the wax as it burns. or burn a pillar down just enough that you can fit a tea light into the space and burn those keeping nice pillars for switching out!
      http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
      ~Jim Butcher

Comment

001_zps4c618901.jpg
        I had a house fire last year, destroyed everything so I don’t have much for it at the moment but I figure that isn’t what’s important. Who cares if it looks like crap. I did get the crystals from a friend so I just put them all down for the pic. Not sure i’d put them all there when i’m working there or not. Because I almost died in the fire I am a bit scared of regular candles now, so I got electric ones. Not on at the moment obviously. I do have incense I just didn’t put any in it for the pic. I can’t leave it up or else my cats would break everything breakable. Crazy furballs of love. It’s still a work in progress.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Wickedjr89; 19 Sep 2013, 16:42. Reason: I can't seem to get rid of the attached thumbnail, I don't know what I did...sorry.

Comment

lots of nice altars you all have

Comment

I will need to post mine asap when I get home lol.

In short I will describe mine, I have a black box for my tarot and oracle, a collection of spells books ect. A picture of my daughter (she is alive). I have her there and regularly call for saftey in regards to her, it also helps her get excited about our alter :P. I have a glass/crystal bell, a clear bowl, and a very tall green ceramic statue of a man and woman facing backwards to each other but holding hands in union. There is also candles laying about with my book of shadows.

Comment

I dont have mine set up at the moment, but here's what my altar itself looks like

Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
              Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
              sigpic

Comment

Mine changes very little, actually. It gets grey, leafy, dusty. It looks like anything else in my room -- well used and very particular, though strewn with things. It's my work shop, my desk, my little bench of wonders. I drape it in fabric and decorate that fabric with ash and candlewax and herbal debris. It is not my sacred space -- the world is my sacred space. *I* am my sacred space. I can find the sacred/god/divine/whateverwhocareswhatyoucallit anywhere, but to have a place to work? To remind myself of my intent and of the goodness in me? THAT'S what I need. Sure, it's not as careful and perfect as I'd like but it holds my tools and it reminds me every day to do a little work at the table, if I have the time.

Somehow, I am still very attached to the idea of a fresh, living altar but I'm much more like a witch of the Disney films, what with cobwebs on books and skulls and candles all over, I guess. And that's ok with me.
                No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

I don"t have a lot but here is
                  what I have so far.
                  DSC03273.jpg

Comment

Me and fiancee are both practitioners of Wicca. We have a shrine to Hekate in the hallway to our apartment, and a formal Wiccan altar in our bedroom. The latter is inside of our clothes dresser, in what would normally be a TV cabinet or something like that. I would like to have a shrine to the Horned God and a shrine to Dionysos, but we have limited room in our apartment. I would like to feature in more Hellenistic elements to our extraneous practices, and particularly of our regular religious life.
                    Those of you who are Hellenists--any tips regarding household shrines?

Comment

My new altar

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

I have a big shelf, like a book shelf, but the bottom shelves are deeper than the top, so there is like a bench half way (Ikea is awesome). Underneath is two big shelves of books and supplies etc, the main big shelf/desk I just cleared a bit to try and make it a bit more useable space. Middle-top shelf has some statues and useable things I like looking at, plus my box with my most sacred things in it, on top is a boat load of natural crystals, that don't live in my tumbled crystal box on the bottom. So many things.

But I don't usually work at it. I don't usually live at home. So it's usually covered in dust.
                        ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                        Seen the desert and the birds
                        You cut your hair short
                        Like a shush to an insult
                        The world had been yelling
                        Since the day you were born
                        Revolting with anger
                        While it smiled like it was cute
                        That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

I added 1 or 2 things to mine

Comment

I suppose you could say that this is my altar - although it's not really one...but taking altar as a focus of a place then it is.......yes I'm confused too

[edit]well i was going to post it (from Photobucket) but it keeps saying i can't post links - WTF

arrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhh...the red rage is descending
                            Last edited by Chris; 14 Jan 2014, 00:48. Reason: cant post images

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                              I suppose you could say that this is my altar - although it's not really one...but taking altar as a focus of a place then it is.......yes I'm confused too

[edit]well i was going to post it (from Photobucket) but it keeps saying i can't post links - WTF

arrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhh...the red rage is descending
                              don't feel bad everybody has to put up with not being able
                              to post photos or links till they have 15 or more posts.
                              yes that can make it hard to post or to ask/answer a question at times

Comment

Originally posted by oldhippie View Post
                                don't feel bad everybody has to put up with not being able
                                to post photos or links till they have 15 or more posts.
                                yes that can make it hard to post or to ask/answer a question at times
                                thanks for the explaination - thought i was doing something wrong -or a firefox incompatability etc

will post up when I reach the prescribed no of posts

Comment

Working...
                                X