This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pagan Altars

It is very cool, winterviolet. I love the pentacle you fashioned from twigs.

Here's the altar I set up for the Solstice:

Unfortunately I didn't have any evergreens around to decorate with...I usually ring the cauldron with holly and place a few pine boughs on the altar, but we don't have any holly bushes or pines nearby so getting them is a chore sometimes. But oh well, I'm sure the Gods are enjoying it all the same.
    Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
    -Erik Erikson

Comment

Thank you, Clive! I am darned proud of that pentacle and glad that it held together. Hot glue and a little swearing went a long way. Your altar is simple and beautiful! I love your sun, and your cauldron is very nice.
      How very special are we
      For just a moment to be
      Part of life's eternal rhyme

Comment

Thanks. 8)
        Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
        -Erik Erikson

Comment

Technically, my workbench in my studio is my altar because good work is sacred, but also in the studio is my "Shelf of Honor" where I set up little displays. The Shelf of Honor is more alter like, I guess, so here's a picture of it:

I guess it looks kind of morbid with the animal skulls, but I just like the shapes - I'm really not into the death thing. Next month it'll be sea shells or driftwood or rocks...
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

[quote author=B. de Corbin link=topic=109.msg26870#msg26870 date=1294193776]
            Technically, my workbench in my studio is my altar because good work is sacred, but also in the studio is my "Shelf of Honor" where I set up little displays. The Shelf of Honor is more alter like, I guess, so here's a picture of it:

I guess it looks kind of morbid with the animal skulls, but I just like the shapes - I'm really not into the death thing. Next month it'll be sea shells or driftwood or rocks...
            [/quote]

I like that. Very simple and spare. I've been thinking my altar is too cluttered. I need to make space in a drawer to put some of it away for awhile. Maybe find a couple of new things.
            ------------------------

Of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.
            - robert anton wilson -

Comment

I just painted a bowl for my altar. My friend is going to fire it in her kiln for me and I will get to see it in a week or so
              sigpic

Comment

My altar dec'd out for Yule. lol, looks really cluttered in hindsight.

Comment

A smiley face ... ... I like it ...
                  I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

finally took a pic of my altar, no candles in the candle holders right now but oh well. this is my first altar, and things will eventually be changing as i learn more on my path and things come and go from me. As I find and replace things I will be possibly gifting out my old things, so they could find use to someone else, at least that's the idea right now...

theres actually two drawers underneath it where i'll be able to keep any other supplies I dont want out all the time, herbs, incense, etc.

also i couldn't help but notice that when I took the picture my crystal ball glows very bright in the picture. given its probably due to the light on the camera, but still... sweet...
                    "Sometimes bad things happen, and theres nothing you can do about it, so why worry?" ~ Timon

Comment

nice! I especially like the cauldron
                      What you see depends on what you are looking for.

Comment

Nice one, Dufonce. All your tools are very ornate without looking tacky, a tough balance to find with occult supplies. :P
                        -Erik Erikson

Comment

[quote author=Clive link=topic=109.msg27507#msg27507 date=1294516158]
                          Nice one, Dufonce. All your tools are very ornate without looking tacky, a tough balance to find with occult supplies. :P
                          [/quote]
                          yeah unfortunately some of it was less than what i expected but thats what you get for ordering online... like the wand (was free with the order) is like a plastic.. but the crystal point is real.. and the athame's hilt/sheath are plastic.. the chalice is wood on the outside with a stainless steel interior so its still useable. but its gonna be interesting to wash...
                          "Sometimes bad things happen, and theres nothing you can do about it, so why worry?" ~ Timon

Comment

[quote author=Dufonce link=topic=109.msg27509#msg27509 date=1294516984]
                            yeah unfortunately some of it was less than what i expected but thats what you get for ordering online... like the wand (was free with the order) is like a plastic.. but the crystal point is real.. and the athame's hilt/sheath are plastic.. the chalice is wood on the outside with a stainless steel interior so its still useable. but its gonna be interesting to wash...
                            [/quote]

Did the product descriptions say they were something other than plastic? If so I'd demand a refund and not shop there anymore.

I don't shop at Earth Spirits Emporium anymore because they once took like two months to deliver something...frankincense, I think it was. Anyway, I finally emailed them and told them I would ask for a refund if my order didn't arrive soon, and three days later it did. Their idea of an apology was a free "Jesus was a liberal" pin. Too bad for them I'm not a Christian or a liberal.
                            -Erik Erikson

Comment

[quote author=Clive link=topic=109.msg27511#msg27511 date=1294519195]
                              Did the product descriptions say they were something other than plastic? If so I'd demand a refund and not shop there anymore.

I don't shop at Earth Spirits Emporium anymore because they once took like two months to deliver something...frankincense, I think it was. Anyway, I finally emailed them and told them I would ask for a refund if my order didn't arrive soon, and three days later it did. Their idea of an apology was a free "Jesus was a liberal" pin. Too bad for them I'm not a Christian or a liberal.
                              [/quote]

nah it just didnt say much about it i guess.... but yeah we ordered a chalice for Yuka we've waited almost a year for them to get it back in stock and just recently get an email saying they arent getting it back and they're refunding us the money... well thanks for letting us know a year ago so we coulda had one by now.

btw the company was the site abaxion.com

Comment

Bleh, it looks like a mirror site of Earth Spirit.
                                -Erik Erikson

Comment

Working...
                                X