Using pentagram as a part of your rituals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Using pentagram as a part of your rituals

I always wear a pentacle necklace, And made my own pentacle plate for on my altar. For me it depends on what type of ritual I'm doing. When working with the elements I tend to use the pentacle for the 5 elements but I usually put it on my altar for protection.

)O(

Comment

Ok, so how do you use a pentacle as a part of your rituals? I know that some people draw it on paper, put various candles on the edges of the pentacle. But what comes next?
      What is the role of the 5 elements of the pentacle? Each has a part in a ritual, right?
      "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
        Ok, so how do you use a pentacle as a part of your rituals? I know that some people draw it on paper, put various candles on the edges of the pentacle. But what comes next?
        What is the role of the 5 elements of the pentacle? Each has a part in a ritual, right?
        Placing objects on a pentacle tends to make use of it as a focal point, a way of focusing the power into the catalyst of the ritual so it can build up and "lift off."

In some paths, such as Wicca, a pentacle (i.e., a disc or plate with a pentagram on it) represents or is the "weapon" of the Element of Earth only, with the wand, chalice, and knife being the tools of Air, Water and Fire, respectively (some people use wands for Fire and knives for Air). The pentacle tends to have objects which are to be consecrated placed upon it, and in some cases may be used as a tool of invocation. I personally use my pentacle to summon the Element of Earth into my Circle, with the censer placed upon it to summon Air at the same time.

Earth is physical reality - the body, the world itself, the things we can perceive through the five senses. Air is the mind - intellect, knowledge, contemplation. Fire is the Will - passion, courage. Water is the heart - emotion, feeling. Some people consider Spirit to be an Element, but I work with a system of four, with Spirit being the underlying force from which all the Elements come, perhaps even the Gods themselves. When the Four Elements are brought into a ritual, Spirit is already there. Metaphysically speaking, we are Spirit.
        Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
        -Erik Erikson

Comment

I use a pentacle as a focal point, a meditation tool, and an amulet of protection.

Comment

Thanks, Clive.
            TheHangedMan - if you don't mind me asking, how do you exactly use it as a part of meditation?
            "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
              Thanks, Clive.
              TheHangedMan - if you don't mind me asking, how do you exactly use it as a part of meditation?
              The interconnectedness of all elements with the transcendence of the spirit, focusing on each in their respective facets and correspondences and how they apply to the whole. Helps me get into a deep, trance-like state.

Comment

I use a wooden pentacle in my spell work and rituals quite often. Generally, I will hold it away from my body, and imagine funnelling my power and intent through it into a compacted stream.

Comment

I have a small blue one made for me by my Hubby on his 3-D printer. I charge it with the job of protecting me and keep it within touching distance at all times. So far, it seems to be working pretty well.

Comment

The pentagram was a big part of my first path and so was the hexagram. In my current path neither is used nor are they useful. The strange thing is that both practices use magik as a part of daily living.
                    The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                    I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Working...
                    X