This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking of doing a banishing/punishing spell

Let me start off by saying that I consider myself a very moral and ethical person, and normally would not attempt this if I didn't feel it completely necessary. Wanted your thoughts and any advice you might have.

Keep in mind, this is chaos magick, so my goal is to be as creative as possible, but really, any suggestions on how to maximize results and minimize backfiring or negative/unsuccessful results would be appreciated, regardless of what it is.

I'm thinking of doing a banishing ritual coming up here and I was thinking of summoning Thor in this instance, to bring down his smashing hammer upon this individual, then rip him apart, and feed him to Fenrir.

This is very imaginative and specific, so I should expect to see positive results, if I apply it just right. It's justified, because this individual is really a lover of chaos. Not the type of chaos in magick, but a person who gets off on the suffering of others. He insults mother nature and Thor(who will be called into existence in this instance), and thus deserves this. He is an abomination.(he also thinks he's in a "gang" but that's irrelevent) What is relevant is that he's not only completely ruined my life up until now, but is now found me, and harassing me again. I don't want to go to jail, so I'm doing this.

Just in case, I was thinking of incorporating a wickerman,(as a sacrifice, something of value must be given up) a secondary protective spell on myself(to prevent any backfiring or unintended affects) and I may even incorporate some voodoo dolls, just to make the experience that much more real and magical.

We shall see. Maybe I won't even have to. Sometimes the universe works itself out.

But any advice or examples of your own, would be appreciated. I want this thing to be as productive as possible, and I'd like to avoid unintended results.

Last edited by LuThorgh; 30 Jan 2014, 11:57.

Re: Thinking of doing a banishing/punishing spell

If you're gonna call on someone to feed THE Wolf, you should probably call on the one who feeds him, Tyr. Just sayin'...

As to the rest of it, well, it is a Black Moon (tonight? tomorrow night?), so your timing is fortuitous. But a little free advice (hey, at least the price is right): in my experience, dark works are best kept in the dark, kept to one's self. That way, A) the white-lighters won't turn out to judge you and tell you how evil it is to impose your will on some deserving asshole, and B) see A.
    I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country
    Tribe of my Tribe
    Clan of my Clan
    Kin of my Kin
    Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
    And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

I think you're an idiot. Let me explain:

If this person did something illegal, call the cops.
      If this person hurt your feelings, either confront them or suck it up and move on.
      If this person hurt the environment, your religion, etc - everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
      And if this person is so vile that tremendously bad things should happen to them (in your opinion), be a man and deal with it in person. Confront them, and scuff it out the old fashioned way.

I won't go so far as to say resorting to magic is a cowards path, but what you're wanting isn't really how it works, in my opinion. Magic is a tool, not a solution.

Mostly art.

Comment

I don't think you're going to talk Thor into doing what you could do yourself.
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
          I think you're an idiot. Let me explain:

If this person did something illegal, call the cops.
          If this person hurt your feelings, either confront them or suck it up and move on.
          If this person hurt the environment, your religion, etc - everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
          And if this person is so vile that tremendously bad things should happen to them (in your opinion), be a man and deal with it in person. Confront them, and scuff it out the old fashioned way.

I won't go so far as to say resorting to magic is a cowards path, but what you're wanting isn't really how it works, in my opinion. Magic is a tool, not a solution.
          See? My point about keeping it to yourself has just been made...
          I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country
          Tribe of my Tribe
          Clan of my Clan
          Kin of my Kin
          Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
          And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

The purpose and spell aside i'd say you want justice which seems more Tyr's domain than Thor's. Though I suppose you could call upon Loki, he has his own form of justice and revenge which might be more to your liking.
            I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Most of what needed to be said is already on here. Me? I think there are times when something like this is completely justified...but I don't do it, because I feel like part of a karmic smackdown like that is accepting the repercussions. There is no such thing as no side effects, and there is certainly no free lunch.

I'm also thinking you should be 100% sure that Thor(however you view him) agrees with your perspective on things before trying something like this. Based on what I've experienced, a very common theme when dealing with Norse beings is the expectation that when at all possible, you be strong enough and mature enough to solve your own problems.
              Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Alright, point taken guys. I mean, I guess really the issue is thus:

I already tried the cop route. I'm not a snitch(regardless of what HE says), but I don't feel like taking the fall for an asshole.(which is actually what happened in the first place, but won't go into details) Cops seem to not be doing anything, cause I mean, he's not in jail.

Confronting him is hard, because he's the reason I'm on probation, and if I fuck him up, I'm the assclown who gets in trouble. That's why when he harassed me I walked away, because I couldn't have stood there, in front of his face, and NOT hurt him. It's not possible.

I guess I was just frustrated that I trusted a person, they fucked me, and there is NOTHING I can really do about it, short of beating him up or murdering his ass, and both will get me locked up at this point, but if he keeps harassing me or tries to threaten me, I don't know.

Like I said, maybe the universe will work itself out. In fact, I am certain he'll wind up dead or in jail anyways, what with the whole "i think im a gang banger" type thing, but in the meantime, he's out and about and it angers me to no end.

In any case, I guess you guys make some very valid points. Maybe I'll try and find a different approach to this situation. Thanks for the input.

Comment

I'm not adverse to some offensive magical practices for certain types of situations. I have no idea if this is worth it or not, because all we have is one side of a story...and not even really that. TBH, I'm sort of with V, that most interpersonal conflict can and should be handled without magic. Sometimes though, I can see the point. The rest of the time, I'm with Dez--there's no free lunch. When you request divine assistance, you invite divine judgement. And a god's perspective isn't generally a human perspective...and even if your side gets taken, that doesn't mean your sacrifice won't be required for their assistance. Generally things work themselves out though, given time for the cogs of the Universe to crank a few turns.
                  Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                  sigpic

Comment

I understand your need to want to do something. I understand your need to want to destroy your enemy. I'm a Satanist. So been there. But now that I'm older (and hopefully a bit wiser) I have to say your spell casting is in the wrong direction. You really need to focus on yourself. And how trusting the wrong person got you into trouble. Which means YOU committed some illegal act. Hows about you focus on making better life choices? No. I'm not being snarky as I am prone to do. I'm being honest. You made a bad decision. Learn from that. Sometimes the universe kicks our ass and we take it and learn.
                    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Oh, most definitely Medusa. I get that. I understand the whole situation would have been avoided if I hadn't gotten involved with this person. In fact, to be honest, I had almost moved on. I am going to college, I'm furthering my life, I'm headed in a positive direction, and then this asshole shows up out of the blue at my school to once more disturb my otherwise peaceful existence.

Then all the pain and emotion and memories came flooding back and the desire for justice, or revenge(probably more accurate description) floated up to the surface. Things that won't stay buried.

What I don't know is what he'll do next. I actually don't fear this person, though because I think he's more or less all talk. But I might describe him as a psychic vampire of sorts, who thrives off of causing havoc and disorder in society.(which, in a sense, is really what gangs are all about, and oddly enough they too use symbols and colors and wordplay as a powerful tool, to instill fear and propaganda in people)

Hell, now that I think about it, maybe physical confrontation wouldn't be entirely out of order, even if it's non-violent. At the very least, I could tell him exactly what I think of him, and maybe cause him some psychological pain, which may lead to a favorable outcome.(suicide? eh, I can only hope)

I know this makes me sound vindictive, but trust me, I'm the nicest guy there is. I just got into the wrong situation with the wrong person and now he's back and I'm beside myself, especially when he's allowed to still roll around and recruit lost children into his flock, to do his bidding.

Comment

You've got to let it go. This isn't Game of Thrones. Do your thing.
                        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I reacted quickly, and perhaps without (too much) thought. But the point I was trying to get across was that it sounds like you're trying to annihilate somebody with magic. And that just ain't how it works. I'm with Medusa, who managed to say it better than I did - you just gotta let it go. Nothing's that bad.

Mostly art.

Comment

It's not my place to judge whether your motivations are valid or not. You are the only person who is IN this situation, and who knows this situation. Without exact details, none of us can make a judgement on what you wish to do. And honesty, whatever backlash you may or may not get is YOUR problem, not mine.

All I can do is educate you about possible consequences, tell you why I don't think you're spell is gonna work, and let you make the decision for yourself.

So...

Originally posted by LuThorgh View Post
                            Let me start off by saying that I consider myself a very moral and ethical person, and normally would not attempt this if I didn't feel it completely necessary. Wanted your thoughts and any advice you might have.
                            My first question is 'have you exhausted all other options?' Which others have already asked you. I don't really care about the answer... this is more about YOU and your ability to objectively assess the situation. It's easy to jump into magickal attack in these situations, especially when it's emotionally charged. But if you want this to work, you need to sit down and try to examine things as objectively as possible. If that means trusting someone with the details so that they can go through it with you, then do that. If it means waiting a few weeks and coming back to it, then do that. One of the best things is to make a list of all the possible mundane actions and scenarios and work through those. If you get to the end and find that none of that is going to make a lick of difference, then perhaps this is the next step. But be honest with yourself about it.

Secondly... what Medusa said. Sometimes the more effective route is actually focusing on ourselves. You want to address the root cause, not the symptoms. And if you're going to put all this effort into execration magick that actually works (most of it doesn't) then you want to be sure that this is going to be curative, not just a bandaid that temporarily makes you feel better. You need to think about things like your own actions, what you have learned, the way that you react to things... all that stuff that Medusa alluded to... but also things like cutting energetic ties and personal protection and shielding. Sometimes a simple, well-placed shield system works wonders for neutralizing the effects of toxic people.

Nine times out of ten, once you've done these first two things, the need for execration magick drops away and you realise that there is a more effective way to go. If that's not the case and you feel that you MUST do this... read on.

If you can't control the emotional charge, it wont work and you'll hurt yourself. The one thing that is liable to ruin your efforts in execration magick and create backlash is the emotional shit that you bring into the working. Emotion is important in execration magick... it's usually the motivator and most powerful drive behind the working. BUT... you need to be able to control it. Anger and retribution is difficult to harness and has a high potential for backfiring. Some people are naturally good at harnessing their anger, but most aren't. If you can't centre on the emotion behind this and turn it into an effective and stable energy source, then you're unlikely to be able to make it do what it's supposed to do.

And most importantly... do you believe that this is an okay thing to do? Because if you don't, you just need to stop right now. In order for execration magick to work and not backfire, you need to be 100% confident in the validity of this path. 95% is not good enough. There needs to be absolutely NO DOUBT in your mind and heart that this is okay to do. If you doubt it, you'll call it back on yourself. If you feel guilt, you'll call it back on yourself. Do not attempt execration magick if you are not 100% confident in it. Period.

Keep in mind, this is chaos magick, so my goal is to be as creative as possible, but really, any suggestions on how to maximize results and minimize backfiring or negative/unsuccessful results would be appreciated, regardless of what it is.
                            I have some feedback on your plan, most of it about why I don't think this particular spell will work very well. If you decide that this is not what you want to do, then skip the rest of my post.

I'm thinking of doing a banishing ritual coming up here and I was thinking of summoning Thor in this instance, to bring down his smashing hammer upon this individual, then rip him apart, and feed him to Fenrir.
                            Several things here. First, what do you actually want to achieve? Banishing, revenge, justice, retribution, binding or just plain old 'smite my foes'? A common mistake is not understanding the difference between these things or being clear about what outcome you actually desire. Mixing and matching doesn't really work. Pick one, and go from there.

Secondly, Thor is unlikely to do that. He WILL likely help with execration magick, but I doubt he's going to smash him up and feed him to Fenrir. I imagine that Thor will help with banishing and possibly revenge and smiting your foes... but he'll expect you to man the front lines right there with him. As with any of the Northern deities... you need to put the hard yards in and prove your worth before getting this kind of help.

Binding is not really Thor's thing... you need a certain patience and finesse for that.

Justice is Tyr and Forseti's realm. But remember that Tyr in particularly is concerned with the bigger picture, not personal justice. We ALL think that we are the victims in situations like this... but Tyr may feel otherwise. If you invoke Tyr or Forseti, you have to take the risk that they wont actually take your side.

Fenrir... bringing Fenrir into ANYTHING requires skill. Even if you just plan to feed him. I wouldn't recommend that he be invoked unless you have experience with him or his relatives. And from what I've read, he's much more likely to accept a part of yourself that needs destroying rather than someone else. And even then, he may take more than what is offered.

This is very imaginative and specific, so I should expect to see positive results, if I apply it just right.
                            Not necessarily. Here I'll refer back to the first half of my post. Plus remember that a large chunk of Chaos magick is coming from yourself. You are unlikely to get the energy that you think you're going to get from a deity you've never worked with before. So do you have the reserves to put into this yourself? Can you control it? Are you confident in it? Do you have any doubts? And the two things that people usually forget about...

Do you actually have the skill for this?

Is the other person a more skilled magician than you?

Just in case, I was thinking of incorporating a wickerman,(as a sacrifice, something of value must be given up) a secondary protective spell on myself(to prevent any backfiring or unintended affects) and I may even incorporate some voodoo dolls, just to make the experience that much more real and magical.
                            Sacrifice... eh. Depends on whether you are enlisting deity help and which ones. Most will require an offering of some kind, even for superficial aid. If you have an offering in mind then put that forward, but be aware that they may want something else. When it comes to execration magick, the negotiations are often more specific than other sorts of magick. So tread carefully.

Seconday protective spells... this comes back to whether or not you are 100% commited to this, and to the skill of the other person. Usually when these things backfire, it's because of your own lack of skill or doubts. Sometimes the other person is just more skilled than you and can throw it back at you. Sometimes they have allies who will send it back at you on their behalf. Whether or not karma plays a part depends largely on whether you beleive in karma (I don't and so to me, if karma bites you it's because you expected it to and called it upon yourself, even if subconsciously).

There are a million ways to do this... generally I'm a fan of doing what you are skilled in, especially when it comes to personal protection. If you want to avoid the spell being thrown back at you then you may want to tie it off onto something like a mirror or servitor, or set up some confounding shields to deflect attention off you. The extent of what is needed will depend largely on the skill or allies of the other person.

Voodoo dolls... that's just mixing and matching, which I don't normally like. But if you are a Chaote then you can mix and match all you like... doesn't mean it's going to help. Just be careful about putting too many ingredients into the mix... more is not necessarily better, despite what many Chaotes seem to think. If you confuse the energies too much, you'll end up with an uncontrollable mess that can't be properly harnessed. Some magicians work better with confused energies... but that's relatively rare.

Having said that, a poppet is actually a solid ingredient in execration magick if you want to use sympathetic magick. Just remember that a voodoo doll is a specific type of poppet with specific actions and ingredients applied to it... you don't have to use a voodoo doll in order to get an effective poppet going. You do need to have skill to tie the poppet to the intended recipient though, unless you have some blood or hair or personal effects.

If you do energy work, you can find the energy link between you (there will invariably be one if you have the sort of history you have described) and use that to link into the poppet. Or you can link him to a decoy poppet instead of to you. Or just use the link for banishing and forget the retribution part. Or any one of a hundred different things you could do with energy links if you have the skill to transfer them intact.

Comment

I think your best bet is not to attempt to punish another. I feel in my own opinion that your best bet would to do work to ward of negativity ect and use workings to better your situation. There is a lot of magic and spells in regards to making these even or seeing that a good outcome is accomplished. Perhaps its worth your time to look in the direction.

Comment

Working...
                              X