Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Negative and positive (spirit) energies?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Negative and positive (spirit) energies?

Hello! I've been getting kind of weird feelings lately and I'm not sure if they're in my head (since I get SAD and it's the middle of winter) or if (at the risk of sounding crazy) I can actually sense a spirit's presence. I think that's kind of rare which is why I think I'm going crazy but first I'll explain.

It started when I was a kid, which is also when this SAD stuff started so I always thought I was imagining it. I thought I saw shadows of people on the walls of my house when no one else was around. One was in the shape of a man with an old-fashioned farmer's hat and I thought I saw this shape in the second floor bathroom of my house or the downstairs living room, the corner of the house pointing towards the cemetery. But it was always out of the corner of my eye, so I thought I was seeing things. There was also a woman shape I only saw once who my mom swears still pops up now and then only when she's around. I also saw a young girl at a 4th of July party when I was 9ish, I asked my mom who the "other girl here" was and she said I was the only younger girl there. (there are 3 marked and one unmarked graves outside my house; John Briggs, Elizabeth Briggs, and Eunice Briggs. All died in the 1800's. We live on what was either their pasture or their garden).

When I was in 8th grade, I played with a ouija board in the spare room and unknowingly disposed of it improperly (burned it). After that my female friends said they got the creeps when they walked into that room, and my little brother and mother refused to go in there for longer than ten minutes tops. I also felt weird about the room but chalked it up to my imagination. This past Samhain I figured I'd give it a shot and ask (and eventually felt compelled to demand) any negative energies/spirits to leave. I guess the room is a little better since now my mom is decorating it...

Recently, I fell unexpectedly pregnant and I will admit I felt I was not able to responsibly support and raise a child (no money, full-time student, etc). I panicked and had an abortion and now it is the biggest regret of my life. However, I sometimes get the same feeling you would get when a young child is following you around; slightly protective, open and almost nurturing. But I am not sure if I am imagining this from guilt and remorse!

Finally, (and this also happened around the time of Samhain and again just now) I get this feeling of being watched from a distance and images of mangled bodies randomly pop into my head; images of a human face with empty eye sockets, gaunt as death, or as if a person had been hit by a car. This always happens at night when I am feeling lonely and am asking my deceased grandfather or any ancestor to "talk" to me. No one has ever answered to my knowledge though.

Am I just crazy with an overactive imagination or is it possible there is actually something going on? Today makes me question my sanity....sorry for the long post....

Re: Negative and positive (spirit) energies?

To be totally honest, most of those feelings probably aren't real, especially if you are questioning them. It's always a good idea to remove all tangible causes first. In my opinion, true spiritual interactions that are started by the spirits in question, are exceptionally rare.

I think if we make the effort instead, we can sometimes tap into things, but the other way around takes a mighty powerful message.

Mind you, I have a handful of personal experiences over the last 20 years that lead me to believe such interactions are totally possible, but I also know that most of the 'feelings' I had over the years were NOT real.

Our brains are weird. That's the most common explanation.

Comment

Originally posted by 8_pentacles View Post
      Finally, (and this also happened around the time of Samhain and again just now) I get this feeling of being watched from a distance and images of mangled bodies randomly pop into my head; images of a human face with empty eye sockets, gaunt as death, or as if a person had been hit by a car. This always happens at night when I am feeling lonely and am asking my deceased grandfather or any ancestor to "talk" to me. No one has ever answered to my knowledge though.
      Sounds like an answer to me.

Am I just crazy with an overactive imagination or is it possible there is actually something going on? Today makes me question my sanity....sorry for the long post....
      Any of those scenarios is a possibility, and unfortunately none of us can tell you which is true.

Is there a specific question that you have regarding these experiences? The short answer is: Yes, it's possible that this is all spirit contact. Yes, it's possible that you are imagining it. And yes, it's possible that you are tapping into imprints rather than communicating with actual spirits. If you have a specific question about anything in particular though, we may be able to give you some more specific advice.

Comment

Hello! I've been getting kind of weird feelings lately and I'm not sure if they're in my head (since I get SAD and it's the middle of winter) or if (at the risk of sounding crazy) I can actually sense a spirit's presence. I think that's kind of rare which is why I think I'm going crazy but first I'll explain.

It started when I was a kid, which is also when this SAD stuff started so I always thought I was imagining it. I thought I saw shadows of people on the walls of my house when no one else was around. One was in the shape of a man with an old-fashioned farmer's hat and I thought I saw this shape in the second floor bathroom of my house or the downstairs living room, the corner of the house pointing towards the cemetery. But it was always out of the corner of my eye, so I thought I was seeing things. There was also a woman shape I only saw once who my mom swears still pops up now and then only when she's around. I also saw a young girl at a 4th of July party when I was 9ish, I asked my mom who the "other girl here" was and she said I was the only younger girl there. (there are 3 marked and one unmarked graves outside my house; John Briggs, Elizabeth Briggs, and Eunice Briggs. All died in the 1800's. We live on what was either their pasture or their garden).

When I was in 8th grade, I played with a ouija board in the spare room and unknowingly disposed of it improperly (burned it). After that my female friends said they got the creeps when they walked into that room, and my little brother and mother refused to go in there for longer than ten minutes tops. I also felt weird about the room but chalked it up to my imagination. This past Samhain I figured I'd give it a shot and ask (and eventually felt compelled to demand) any negative energies/spirits to leave. I guess the room is a little better since now my mom is decorating it...

Recently, I fell unexpectedly pregnant and I will admit I felt I was not able to responsibly support and raise a child (no money, full-time student, etc). I panicked and had an abortion and now it is the biggest regret of my life. However, I sometimes get the same feeling you would get when a young child is following you around; slightly protective, open and almost nurturing. But I am not sure if I am imagining this from guilt and remorse!

what i think you should do is to clear all your minds and stop letting negative feelings take over you because all begins with your minds, if you think there is a spirit watching you, yes that is enough to attract bad and good spirits but the thing is, you can't know which one is which however you can stop this all thing by being positive.
        No sig for you.

Comment

Working...
        X