X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My past and reasons being here.

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    What do you think a hex is? It's a spell. Just go on. Do it. You don't want to do anything other then magic. You are itching for it like a drug addict. You are looking for us to enable you in this magic quest. Suck it up. Do it. And get it over with. We can't do everything for you.
    I was under the impression a hex was a curse. Also I am wondering, did you by any chance read my other posts. I didn't want JUST magic and spiritual help. I said to Rowanwood I know that mundane uses are effective as well as spiritual. Also, it isn't necessary to be rude in your posts. Don't compare me to a drug addict. If anyone was acting like an addict, it's my brother, not me. I'm not asking you to do everything for me anyway. Harshness is not necessary and you know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Alienist View Post
      Harshness is not necessary and you know it.
      Actually, sometimes it is. I am trying to be ginger about this...but really man. We can't spoon feed you a faith. That's a personal journey. If your faith happens to include magic? Awesome. But you can't force it. Either you believe in magic or you don't.

For the record, a spell is a hex,curse or a prayer. It is beneficial or harmful. A spell is a tool, like a hammer. I can use it to build a house or bash your brains in. Either way, its still a hammer.

Comment

I was under the impression a hex was a curse. Also I am wondering, did you by any chance read my other posts. I didn't want JUST magic and spiritual help. I said to Rowanwood I know that mundane uses are effective as well as spiritual. Also, it isn't necessary to be rude in your posts. Don't compare me to a drug addict. If anyone was acting like an addict, it's my brother, not me. I'm not asking you to do everything for me anyway. Harshness is not necessary and you know it.
        I'm direct. I don't have time to tip toe around what others are tip toeing about.

Instead of giving you more advice, how about we do something different?

What are you going to do? I realize you are lost in this. But what are you going to do? Write a list of options. Then start working through them. You have to try something. You can't just keep sitting in this. It's driving you nuts. It's hurting you. It's making you feel powerless. You want power in this situation. That will only come from action. You may fail. Don't give up. Try another action. Don't be afraid the first thing you do won't work. But keep going.

This is the real world. Stop making it supernatural in nature. Your brother is making bad choices. You want to help him. You want to help yourself. Actions are where the power is at.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Rowanwood View Post
          Actually, sometimes it is. I am trying to be ginger about this...but really man. We can't spoon feed you a faith. That's a personal journey. If your faith happens to include magic? Awesome. But you can't force it. Either you believe in magic or you don't.

For the record, a spell is a hex,curse or a prayer. It is beneficial or harmful. A spell is a tool, like a hammer. I can use it to build a house or bash your brains in. Either way, its still a hammer.
          Not really. I'm already going through a lot of problems as it is. I know sometimes people need to be blunt and I know no one really cares about my problems but still all I want is just some sort of understanding. I'm not asking anyone to spoon feed me a faith and I don't think I asked anyone in this thread. I'm aware I need to discover this myself. Finding one that practices magic or spiritual techniques probably won't be hard. A lot of faiths practice or have practiced magic in some shape or form. I suppose it's because people use the word "hex" and make it look worse than it actually is, like it's an evil thing but thanks for clearing it up.

Comment

Not really. I'm already going through a lot of problems as it is. I know sometimes people need to be blunt and I know no one really cares about my problems but still all I want is just some sort of understanding. I'm not asking anyone to spoon feed me a faith and I don't think I asked anyone in this thread. I'm aware I need to discover this myself. Finding one that practices magic or spiritual techniques probably won't be hard. A lot of faiths practice or have practiced magic in some shape or form. I suppose it's because people use the word "hex" and make it look worse than it actually is, like it's an evil thing but thanks for clearing it up.
            DUDE. SERIOUSLY.

We are on page 7 of this thread. If we didn't care, you'd have no replies. Go outside. Get off the internet. Go to the library, a church, see a shrink, DO SOMETHING. This isn't going to get better by fucking around making excuses to us. Stop being paralyzed and do something.

Comment

DUDE. SERIOUSLY.

We are on page 7 of this thread. If we didn't care, you'd have no replies. Go outside. Get off the internet. Go to the library, a church, see a shrink, DO SOMETHING. This isn't going to get better by fucking around making excuses to us. Stop being paralyzed and do something.
              You know, you could calm down if you're trying to help people...It's kind of childish. And no of course you don't actually care about my problems. You offer advice but you don't actually care. Do you think a psychologist cares about your problems. He gets paid for this. The ONLY reason this is a long thread is because it's a complex problem. It's more than "My brother is being a jerk, can you help me?" It doesn't help your stance by attempting to be reasonable and then being childish and cussing. And of course in a couple pages you said quite clearly that you said everything you needed to say, yet you kept persisting anyway and now you're mad. Who do you think is to blame here. If you don't like reading this thread, go somewhere else

Comment

I've been following this thread, Alienist, and people have tried to help you. Seven pages in and you're not satisfied. I just don't understand what you're looking for.

To be quite frank, I'm seeing more "validate me" and less "help me". Sorry.
                Blog: http://thestarsafire.tumblr.com

Kuchi wa wazawai no moto (the mouth is the origin of disasters)

Comment

Who do you think is to blame here.

Just facilitating this thread to the end.
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Comment

A shame you didn't quit a long time ago. If you had, you wouldn't have been angry about it. But I don't think you're going to quit. You're going to come up with some last minute post, saying I'm stupid or come up with some sarcastic answer. You said you'd stop and yet you kept persisting, so I'm not going to hold my breath over this.

This is what I hate most about forums, when people don't actually help but instead throw sarcasm in an attempt at wit or go out of their way to be as insulting as possible. It almost seems like many forums in general are doing this, not just this one. This is off topic but then I think it's already over anyway so it doesn't matter.

Comment

I am concerned with my brother. Something with him is tainted and corrupt. I don't know if this kind of magic he's using as messed up his mind, or he's possessed or not. He has taken medication before but I'm still not sure if he does or not. His mind I don't think, is all there. I don't think he's evil, just messed up and confused. I've known him all my life and I still don't know who he really is. I didn't want to post this, but I just need some help in protecting myself. I thought if I posted it on here, he would curse me or something. I don't know if he is going to or not, but he will, so be it, but I will not give up and I certainly will not live in fear all my life over my brother. I am tired of it. All I ask is some help. Please, I ask of advice, certain spells, healing. It would be most appreciated if you pray. Prayers would help. Please pray to your gods and goddesses. All I ask is your help.
                        Hi, Alienist.

I would first like to acknowledge the good advice and observations presented here by all of those who have posted. I have nothing of significance to add to this thread that has not already been said, but I would like to perhaps just make a few statements from my own perspective.

I think that it's clear that you're not primarily asking for anyone to diagnose your brother, but rather you are asking for help in protecting yourself. Others have given you sound advice regarding both mundane and spiritual ways to accomplish this. Protecting yourself is perhaps the simplest task - protecting your brother is going to be more difficult.

Things that you can do to protect yourself are, of course, regularly shielding and perhaps using wards and sympathetic magick to also protect your home. There are many, many ways to go about this. As the others have said, not allowing him to be near your physically (when avoidable) will be the most efficient way to protect yourself mundanely, but it also removes you from him energetically (at least immediately) and makes you less of a target if he is dabbling in Maleficium.

I am only going to operate on an assumption that he is possibly actually using Maleficium when I say this - but if you keep in mind that some forms of manipulative magick operate on the target's fears, not thinking of (and fearing) him and his possible dealings in magick will likely negate any momentum being built up by a "possible" magickal attack. Fear is a powerful thing and it can feed magick for good or for ill.

I said that protecting your brother would be trickier due to the fact that no one here knows him or is physically present to assess him and his energetic/emotional/mental state of being. We cannot assess his level of prowess as a magician (if he even has any) nor what exact sorts of magick he has been dabbling in. That being said, I would also stress what has already been advised to you in that you perhaps seek out advice from a real person in your area who can visually and possibly psychically analyze the situation. Other than that, I will keep you and your brother in my thoughts.

Comment

Enough.

I will fully admit that I don't read everything on the forum. I leave that to more interested, or more active moderators than myself (You know I'm looking at you, Masked). But I have read all seven pages of this thread. Every post. And you know what, Alienist? People have been trying to help you. For SEVEN pages. I'm sorry you didn't get what you're looking for, but really, sometimes the most mundane answer is the most correct answer. Occam's Razor. The Parsimony Principle. The K-I-S-S method.

We can't (and won't) feed you information we don't feel ourselves to be true. So think on all that has been said here, and come back to us.

Until then, I'm locking this thread.

Mostly art.

Comment

Working...
                          X