quitting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quitting

well wish me luck as of tonight I have decided that I am no longer going to buy cigarettes as it is time to quit the habit

Re: quitting

Good luck to you!

Comment

Good luck.

And just remember that if you fall off the wagon in a few days or weeks, don't stress. I have heard that quitting gets easier each time you do it. Not everyone can manage to quit cold-turkey, and that's perfectly ok. Just keep at it!

Comment

Good luck hon!
        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Drink lots of water to flush your system quickly...works wonders and good good good luck!!!

Comment

If you find it hard, I'd recommend grabbing an e-cig, or using nicotine gum or somesuch. Will make it much easier than going cold turkey. GL.

Comment

Lots of luck!
              "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Good luck but I will forewarn about trading habits. I quit cold turkey some years ago but a lot of people I knew tried the replacement system of quiting and simply traded addictions. Also don't be surprised if you have a significant weight gain as that was quite common as well.
                I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

I'm guessing that significant weight gain comes from food replacing smoking?

Comment

I did it, cold turkey. Personally I found it easy the last time because I finally wanted it. My daughter is allergic to cigarette smoke and quitting may have saved her life. I'm glad I did it. That was five years ago and it's the best decision of my life!

Comment

Originally posted by oldhippie View Post
                      I'm guessing that significant weight gain comes from food replacing smoking?
                      In part but also because smoking tends to keep body weight down to a degree and when you stop it stops. Don't recall all the medical specifics at the moment but its a common side affect of quitting that you gain weight. That and the amount of exercise one does also has a big impact on how much or how quickly you gain it.
                      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

The weight gain is mostly from replacing smoking with eating or drinking because of the hand to mouth habit. Metabolically speaking the effect of nicotine is minimal.
                        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                          The weight gain is mostly from replacing smoking with eating or drinking because of the hand to mouth habit. Metabolically speaking the effect of nicotine is minimal.
                          yes I also am quitting my soda (Mountain Dew) habit
                          I have not had any soda today

Comment

Originally posted by oldhippie View Post
                            yes I also am quitting my soda (Mountain Dew) habit
                            I have not had any soda today
                            I'm sure quitting soda is hard even for me.

For the other goal, I'm sure if you stick to it you will make it.

Comment

My only real vices these days are coffee,and smoking. I have quit a few times but went back when I was around another smoker. One wiff of the smoke and the urges came right back.
                              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Working...
                              X