This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could Use a Little Guidance

So, it's been about a year since I adopted Celtic Polytheism and I've been doing my best to stay connected with the gods, Cernunnos in particular. To me, I feel as though I have become disconnected, I tried giving tea offerings, but I live in a suburban area so it feels as though I don't have any connection to him through nature. I have also tried giving physical offerings (pictures, bracelets etc.) but I don't have any sort of specific altar area for Cernunnos so I feel like i'm not meeting his standards in terms of offerings. If anybody could give any potential advice, or prayers i could use to become reconnected, i would be very grateful

Re: Could Use a Little Guidance

Have you ever considered that perhaps you're trying to "force" a connection when there simply isn't one?

I say that only because I experienced similar feelings before I came to be claimed by my Gods. I tried to force connections with many different deities and they all felt strained or inappropriate. I suppose something to ask yourself is "what am I truly getting out of the path that I'm on now?".

I also live in a suburban area and I understand how that can affect your ability to feel connected to Spirit through nature, but it can be done. Have you tried exploring other pantheons and practices? How are you feeling within yourself? I ask the latter because if you are feeling out of sorts within yourself, you can't expect to adequately connect with anything.

Comment

I've never really thought that I might have been forcing a connection, to be honest I really hope that isn't the case. As for other pantheons I haven't really tried anything else, I've always felt that this was right for me and i'm not entirely sure how i would go about practicing anything else. Also, could you elaborate more on your last question? I'm not really sure how to answer it.

Comment

Cernunnos is the Celtic forest God so I don't believe pictures and bracelets are appropriate offerings. I would suggest you take a hike in a forest and be prepared to spend the day there. Hiking paths are okay, but you may choose to move away from the path of humans but be respectful of his forest. Bring him a piece of fruit and sit with him ... speak to him. You will know when you have your answer.

Comment

Originally posted by John Blackthorne View Post
          I've never really thought that I might have been forcing a connection, to be honest I really hope that isn't the case. As for other pantheons I haven't really tried anything else, I've always felt that this was right for me and i'm not entirely sure how i would go about practicing anything else. Also, could you elaborate more on your last question? I'm not really sure how to answer it.
          Certainly.

When I asked "how are you feeling within yourself", I am asking you if you feel "off", "depressed", "disconnected from life/emotions/etc." - because sometimes when we're feeling out of sorts, our spiritual connections can weaken or simply seem further away.

Comment

Ohhh okay, i see what you mean. Anyways, as of right now i feel relatively normal inside, nothing out of the ordinary.

Comment

Receptivity is the key, wait for it to happen and be open to what's happening around you and your life.

As for the suburban area, nature is everywhere. You just have to broaden your awareness sometimes. Trees, even in your front yard or nearby parks, ponds, grass, other plants, rocks, wind, animals are everywhere. The lack of a forest can be kind of a damper, but if there's any grouping of trees that you could get to on occasion, it might be worth looking into?

Comment

I grew up in the tradition, and I turn 30 today - so I've been at it a while. Cernnunos is a well displayed, but little known god. He's been adopted by many simply because he has horns. Just being honest. However this should be known. The gods live because we live and because there is life itself. Cernnunos was a revered god, and has again gained reverence. Trying too hard is natural to the new comer because such zealous behavior is seen as expected from an outside view.
                I would tell you not to try, but do. Yeah, may have stolen that from Yoda.
                To connect to the gods and the spirits around and in us, you must do just that - connect. Sacrifice involves real sacrifice and offering. You must meditate deeply on your spirit, or three as the rite I grew up in believes.
                Your sacrifice will be your body as you learn to leave it under guard of your earth self. You will sacrifice the barriers and misconceptions of self and the gods. You will scrape that gunk that's been building inside you and offer it into the flames of truth. You will sacrifice pride as you feel that first fear of existing in pure black emptiness.
                As you practice meld your spirit selves with the aspects of Curnnunos that drive you to seek him out. As you put those pieces together soon you will realize your oneness with the god himself. Then you will be 'reconnected'
                The truth is you are connected still because you are one in the same. To reconnect you need to make the journey to shake off the false barriers that separate you.
                Don't rush it. Be a part of the process.
                I severed my connection when I developed PTSD in the war. It took me time, but the realms and gods were still there.
                A bit lengthy I know, but if you have any questions shoot me a message.

Comment

Originally posted by John Blackthorne View Post
                  So, it's been about a year since I adopted Celtic Polytheism and I've been doing my best to stay connected with the gods, Cernunnos in particular. To me, I feel as though I have become disconnected, I tried giving tea offerings, but I live in a suburban area so it feels as though I don't have any connection to him through nature. I have also tried giving physical offerings (pictures, bracelets etc.) but I don't have any sort of specific altar area for Cernunnos so I feel like i'm not meeting his standards in terms of offerings. If anybody could give any potential advice, or prayers i could use to become reconnected, i would be very grateful
                  Try growing/caring for plants! Herbs in particular. One, you don't need a big garden for a herb or two, just two little pots and a good window for light. If you can't get to a natural place, make your own natural place! Every time you see those plants, it'll remind you of the world beyond the city and all that it has given you. Once the plants are old enough, you can incorporate the herbs into cooking and make things like bread for offering. Eat part of the bread, then given the rest to the birds and other wildlife outside. Just throw it into the backyard/balcony, or any place where there is an abundance of birds. Set up bird feeders or bird houses, plant flowers for the insects... If you are allowed (on your own and not in an apartment) perhaps take on a pet. One from the shelter? If you're not able to take on the responsibility of a cat or dog, try something a lot easier and smaller, like a mouse or hamster. Taking care of animals and nature is a very good way to connect yourself to nature-oriented Gods. Even recycling and buying organic can be considered reverence to Cernunnos!

Comment

Working...
                  X