Let's Hear It for Loki!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's Hear It for Loki!

On the first of February I did a ritual asking Loki to shake things up for me.

It's now the twenty -eighth, I have sold my house and started a new job as a ballroom dance instructor. (Dream job, btw) I know he has a bad reputation among the asa and is a bit of a demanding diva to boot, but never let it be said Odin's flame haired brother doesn't deliver!

Re: Let's Hear It for Loki!

Good for you! I still have to reconcile with Loki, but it's been way too cold to go outside. I think he knows though, since he's kept coming back every now again.

Have fun living your dream!

Comment

Congratulations on your personal success! I love hearing news like this.
      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
      Sneak Attack
      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

When Loki's here, he's inside, snug in my hearth. Outside is Thor's realm.

Although I did do a 'How are *you*?' session this morning with Loki and he didn't answer. Maybe he's busy.

Comment

Congrats on all your good fortune.

Comment

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one with good things to say about Loki ^_^
            Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
            Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
            sigpic

Comment

This thread makes me happy. I am always one to stand up for Loki when I hear people insulting him. I see Loki as a mischievous brother who plays pranks sometimes but is not malevolent. That pretty much describes our relationship.

Comment

I was leery of him until I realized I was playing into the good/evil dichotomy. He's always just done harmless pranks on me; except the almost dangerous one. I was on my way home one night after a real bad snowstorm and the roads were covered in ice. I was being tailgated on an exit ramp and started thinking out loud of possible things that could go wrong, directed at the driver behind me. Apparently Loki wanted to offer a suggestion too, and I spun out.

Comment

Loki's played tricks on me, but never the dangerous kind. He got me my dream job . . . working for a super-devout Christian. Or he taught my most amiable (and dumbest) horse to escape from the pasture. And for those of you who don't think I could blame that last one on divine activity, this horse sometimes forgets where the water tank is.

I think a lot of people go into contracts assuming Loki is going to try to screw them over - and with that attitude it becomes a self-full-filling prophesy. What really drew me to Loki in the first place was that I had the steady job and the house and stability . . . . and I hated it. I was sooooooooooo bored! I needed some excitement!

I have been having oddly strong desires to burn things, but I heat with a wood stove, so fire is not an unusual thing in my house. Tore a hole in my jeans? Burn them! This trinket box broke. Into the flames! This dress doesn't fit anymore. Condemn it to the pyre!

Comment

I think a lot of people go into contracts assuming Loki is going to try to screw them over - and with that attitude it becomes a self-full-filling prophesy.
                    I'm inclined to agree.

On the dangerous pranks thing, I don't think Loki would actually put me in a dangerous situation. I've had loss of control with vehicles of all stripes - car, dirt bike, boat, regular bike... And I used to have a jetski that could turn on a dime so a frequent hobby on that was the tightest donut ever. The others, I have experience regaining control or simply stopping, so it's not so scary a situation. I found the whole ordeal I mentioned in my previous post to be comical.

Comment

My mother is Christian and drawn to Loki. I think it's the outcast aura that he brings out. I know that I've worked with Loki before and he's a mover and shaker kind of god.

Comment

Working...
                      X