This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vegetarian, vegan, breatharians?

I ran into this in an article about Barbie-lady - she wants to live without eating.

Uhm... That would be a "breatharian." They believe we humans-like folks can live on air and sunlight, like a shrub.

Here's a breatharian blog. The woman went without food for 50-some days:

Living on Light

And, lest you think there is no particular advantage to giving up one of life's MAJOR pleasures, it's also your ticket to surviving the coming 'porkylips.

The Breatharian Institute Of America

Hurry, hurry, hurry, step right up! You don't wanna be missing this bus, Sunny!
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: Vegetarian, vegan, breatharians?

People are crazy.
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

Like I am EVER going to stop eating my pork sausage patties....And then there is BACON!!!
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
        Like I am EVER going to stop eating my pork sausage patties....And then there is BACON!!!
        To say nothing of lasagna, pizza, and brains.

I wonder what one's organs taste like while one is self digesting them?
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I remember there was a lady similar to this on an episode of Wife Swap. She fed her children seeds and they'd go outside and absorb "sun food" for an hour each day.

Comment

Read some of their site.....there's a whole rambling rant on how you should drink Diet Coke and eat cheeseburgers. It's mondo bizarro!!! http://www.breatharian.com/breatharians.html
            sigpic
            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
              Read some of their site.....there's a whole rambling rant on how you should drink Diet Coke and eat cheeseburgers. It's mondo bizarro!!! http://www.breatharian.com/breatharians.html
              That site basically does to dietetics what time cube does to physics.
              Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
                That site basically does to dietetics what time cube does to physics.
                Sometimes I think human nature has become about making up a line of b.s. and convincing others to buy into it.
                sigpic
                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                  Sometimes I think human nature has become about making up a line of b.s. and convincing others to buy into it.
                  I'm not sure that its new enough to say "has become"...I'd be willing to hypothesize this is one of the traits that define us as humans. You know, the ability to view the world so subjectively abstract as to have no bearing in an objective and concrete reality, but to convince ourselves that it is, indeed real, and then think that we need to share that new reality with others, and then to use those new realities as a sort of social glue, capable of evolving just are surely (in fact, with even more rapidness) as our genes, allowing us to manipulate our surroundings to such a degree as to travel to the moon and within the body in a camera that can be swallowed, to see to beyond our solar system and our galaxy and within the very molecules of our bodies, to have built masterpieces of architecture to last millennia with hand tools and tiny electronic "brains" the size of a grain of rice.

We humans are terrible and compassionate--we are hopeful monsters capable of great deeds, and small pettiness both kind and generous. Though there is an overwhelming trend in human cultures that makes them oddly homogeneous in some ways, the diversity we see in the behaviors among populations in the human species can't even be fathomed in other animals. And why? Because we humans have the ability to see things that aren't there, and to believe them as if they are tangible, and to convince others that they are such precious ideas as to devote their lives and their children's lives to them.

And these crazy people that think they can exist on sunlight and oxygen are nothing less than cultural evolution at work. Its fascinating. Doomed...but fascinating.
                  Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                  sigpic

Comment

What Id say to her,

Can I have all your money when you die?

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                      We humans are terrible and compassionate--we are hopeful monsters capable of great deeds, and small pettiness both kind and generous. Though there is an overwhelming trend in human cultures that makes them oddly homogeneous in some ways, the diversity we see in the behaviors among populations in the human species can't even be fathomed in other animals. And why? Because we humans have the ability to see things that aren't there, and to believe them as if they are tangible, and to convince others that they are such precious ideas as to devote their lives and their children's lives to them.

On my good days I say this is beautiful.

But mostly this is because people are dumb.
                      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Last time I checked, that's not a lifestyle, it's an eating disorder.

Reading that blog made me really hungry.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                          Last time I checked, that's not a lifestyle, it's an eating disorder.

Reading that blog made me really hungry.
                          Have a diet coke and cheeseburger (soul foods, according to the other site referenced)

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                            Have a diet coke and cheeseburger (soul foods, according to the other site referenced)

Don't forget, it has to be a double quarter pounder*.

*or did I make that up somewhere?
                            sigpic

Comment

I think I am a "WEIFTSI" That is what ever I Fing think stuff is. Considering starting a "religion" belief system that covers what ever I decide..But no just existing on air and sunlight please.
                              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Working...
                              X