The Source

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Source

Do your beliefs believe in a "Source" so to speak. I have heard in Drudism, some believe that everything including their gods and goddesses are part of this universal cosmic source which is the true creator of everything and when one goes to the Otherworld and continues to reincarnate until they reach this Source. Wondered if anyone else believed in that too.

Re: The Source

What are exactly asking? Every faith as far as I know has its source of as you call it "universal cosmic" energy. It just depends on which religion you are looking at.
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

As a Pantheist, I believe this kind of thing arises from reality itself. We live in the flesh and blood of a deity.

Comment

For me being more of a shamanic type practitioner I sort of align with the Native American notion of "Great Spirit" or "Gitchie Manitou" as the great unknowable or great unknown. Yes I have my gods / goddesses but they move within the greater unknowable. In some ways it's like the protogenoi and the Titans themselves in that they are more elemental forces.
        I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

I heard from the Sikhs that the ultimate goal of their religion is to merge with God. That seems to be a goal in monotheistic religions, is that they want to merge or at least be close to God. I think the gods and goddesses aren't all powerful and that even they look up to higher forces and realms. Maybe the gods and goddesses were sent by this Source to help and enlighten primitive people. I see them as powerful teachers. Lots of stories involve them teaching them science, magic, writing, art ect. This Source I think is responsible for the creation of the universe, or multiverse, if there are other universes and alternate dimensions out there. The gods and goddesses I see not as creators but teachers.

Comment

Originally posted by Alienist View Post
            Do your beliefs believe in a "Source" so to speak. I have heard in Drudism, some believe that everything including their gods and goddesses are part of this universal cosmic source which is the true creator of everything and when one goes to the Otherworld and continues to reincarnate until they reach this Source. Wondered if anyone else believed in that too.
            I believe in a Source - but not as a sentient "God", so to speak. In other words, I don't believe that the Creative Force behind the Universe is a Deity in the same manner as, say, Artemis or Thor are Deities.

It isn't my personal spiritual "goal" to merge with this "Higher Being", but that concept is quite commonly desired amongst believers of many faiths.

Comment

I always thought the Source was some sort of creative force that created life in this universe. But wouldn't the Source be intelligent in some way to create intelligent life? Maybe it is intelligent and nobody can really communicate it unless you enter a certain state of enlightenment or reach a certain plane of existence in order to communicate with it.

Comment

I can't discuss this term without context.

"The Source" is even more vague than "God."

Comment

I think there's a possibility of such a thing (the beginning of everything that began ever). But just like thinking about the scope of the universe, it makes my head hurt so I can't discuss it. "The Source" is certainly not something I'd want to merge with though. I like having full control and personality, thanks.

Comment

I believe the deities ARE the source. All things flowed from them except for evil which flows only from the human race.

Comment

Originally posted by Riothamus12 View Post
                      I believe the deities ARE the source. All things flowed from them except for evil which flows only from the human race.
                      I don't quite believe that. The deities, I see are a part of the source just as we are. Also we can't pretend that other deities haven't done bad things. Both deities and humans have done good things as well as bad things.

Comment

Not saying your wrong or can't believe that but that makes no sense to me. I can't think of any mythology that does not have their gods / goddesses evolve from some pre-existing elder god / goddess form. Even if that proto-divinity is a very base elemental force or chaos and creation itself. Evil, what is evil? 50 years ago evil was different than today and 50 years from now a lot of things today we called progress may be reflected upon as an ultimate evil.
                        I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

I have always sensed that there is a basic, unfettered, unlabeled energy source. I do not believe it is sentient and I do not wish to be a part of it, for that would mean to undo my consciousness and become a mindless unthinking form of energy.

Good and evil are nothing more than labels given to different qualities of energy. There are definitely beings out there that can be described as "evil" which are definitely not human in the least and definitely not human in origin. Research into the "Sallie House", for those who don't know of it, should help give those people an idea of the sort of creatures I'm referring to.

Evil is not a product of humanity, merely one of humanity's realizations, and definitely a matter of pure perspective. To think that evil stemmed from humanity is a biased form of judgment that stems, generally, from personal trauma and not from a clarity of insight, but rather the opposite.

Comment

Evil is not an energy, it is not a force, it exists only as a concept. To say otherwise is absurd, that'd be like saying that conservatism is an energy or that nostalgia is a force.

Energy is defined by it's effects on a system in terms of work. All energy is either potential, kinetic, or some combination of the two. Come on, this is middle school science here!

Evil is just a way of describing a pattern of behavior: A marked tendency towards anti-social behavior. You can't charge your phone with evil, not anymore than you can charge it with the smell of fresh cut grass or rudeness anyway.
                            Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

You either simultaneously lack faith in divine intellect and believe that humans are the only sapient race in existence or you're indulging all the fallacy of Pride with none of the actual fun. I'm not entirely sure which one it is or why you'd travel either route. Evil, whether one believes it to be an objective reality or an abstract concept created by sapient life is a product of choice. Specifically a product of vastly divergent choice. Where choice exists, the potential for evil exists. For humanity to be the sole source of evil requires us to either

1) be the only entities in creation capable higher thought and decisions based in it
                              or
                              2) be the only entities that would ever choose such a divergent path.

The former principle denies gods and spirits the principle of sapience as well as rejecting the concept of any sapient life beyond the bounds of Earth. The latter principle is ascribing to humanity a trait unmatched by any other sapient life in all creation. It places human beings on a pedestal that we have not earned.

Comment

Working...
                              X