This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy 8th of March everyone~

OK, so I want to greet everyone (above all- women) with the new 8th of March 2014, and wish everyone lots of wealth, happiness, success, peace, health
    and one of the most important - to stay with our forum, for you all mean very much to everyone.

Thanks! :nod::bounce:

And again, happy 8th of March!
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Re: Happy 8th of March everyone~

Happy international women's day! lol. Thank you for the post. I hope you have a wonderful 8th of March as well.
    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

happy international women's day!!!
      hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Is it bad that I didn't know this was a thing? XD
        �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
        ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
        Sneak Attack
        Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I didn't know either, had to go look it up this morning.
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

More importantly, WHY is this a thing?

Is there an international men's day? An international straight people day? I find this unlikely.

And therefore, this day is stupid.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post

Is there an international men's day? An international straight people day? I find this unlikely.

No, its not, because women are still not equal to men throughout the world.

Straight men get lots of days to celebrate their achievements. Like everyday of my high school history class.

Comment

Originally posted by Malflick View Post
                No, its not, because women are still not equal to men throughout the world.

Straight men get lots of days to celebrate their achievements. Like everyday of my high school history class.
                And you've got lots of days to love your wife. But Valentine's Day still exists. My point was that there isn't a SPECIFIC 'white supremist day', 'straight people day', 'homophobic day'

I can be gay every day of my life. I can be a woman EVERY day of my life. I can talk like a pirate every day of my life. My point is that there's no need for a DAY dedicated to it.

Mostly art.

Comment

And you've got lots of days to love your wife. But Valentine's Day still exists. My point was that there isn't a SPECIFIC 'white supremist day', 'straight people day', 'homophobic day'

I can be gay every day of my life. I can be a woman EVERY day of my life. I can talk like a pirate every day of my life. My point is that there's no need for a DAY dedicated to it.
                  By that logic all holidays are pointless. I can celebrate or do nearly any thing any day I want to, but a communal holiday allows people to come together and celebrate something.

Holidays bring people together and add unity. Women exist every day, certainly. But having a day of focus helps bring things to the forefront that wouldn't normally be brought up for a society rather than just an individual.

Comment

Well, in the former Soviet Union, people celebrate the 23rd of February in honor of those who fought against the Nazi soldiers.
                    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Throws chocolate at choo
                      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

It's not supposed to be a day to just celebrate and party, from what I understand it's to raise awareness of issues that women have to deal with. In other words, you use this day to try and help solve problems or find solutions for issues that face women all over the world.

Not so bad, right? :P

Oh, and if there isn't an international men day already then somebody should start it!
                        [4:82]

Comment

Some people think every day is "Men's Day" because it pleases them to be victims.

There are many hardships human beings suffer due to horrid cultural practices and medieval thinking. We should fight for us all to be equal and stop putting up little walls between us, based on gender, color, sexual preference, etc. It'll never, ever end otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Rowanwood View Post
                            Some people think every day is "Men's Day" because it pleases them to be victims.

There are many hardships human beings suffer due to horrid cultural practices and medieval thinking. We should fight for us all to be equal and stop putting up little walls between us, based on gender, color, sexual preference, etc. It'll never, ever end otherwise.

In many places around the world, every day IS "*enter majority privileged group* day", not because it pleases some people to be victims, but because people are being treated as less as than human and second class citizens.

Thinking everyone is equal starts with not thinking some people are less than human or second class citizens.
                            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                            sigpic

Comment

Unfortunately, there are too few people who don't think that way or ready to change their point of view on it. One of my courses is working on a project which is dedicated to this topic.

Comment

Working...
                              X