Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So new to everything and full of questions!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So new to everything and full of questions!

Hello everyone! I have just started down the path of paganism. I seem to be developing an eclectic path.

My interests are veering towards Celtic and Norse. I have a few gods and goddesses I'm interested in, but I don't want to overwhelm myself by opening my heart to too many. So far I've only spoken to and made offerings to Freyja. I felt drawn to her so I looked her up and found she's wonderful :=):

I feel the Celtic tree of life is a better representation of my faith than the pentacle/pentagram.

I'm interested in working with crystals and stones because I have a deep set skepticism about them. The only way to know if they work for me is to try, right?

I'm currently reading The Inner Temple of Witchcraft by Christopher Penczak, and Llewellyn's Complete Book of Correspondences by Sandra Kynes. I also plan to read Drawing Down the Moon. I've heard a lot of good stuff about it.

I'm interested in kitchen witchery. Baking is something I find easy to put passion and feeling into.

I'm also interested in divination with Futhark runes. I have stones I'm currently working on. I don't feel like I'm quite ready for them yet.

My biggest issues are focus, stillness, and confidence. Deep meditation is hard for me because I have a hard time just letting my thoughts pass by. I'm also never certain if I'm doing anything right when I make offerings and speak to the Great Spirit or the aspect of it that is Freyja. I'm afraid she'll hate me for something or feel I'm not worth the time to teach me. I also frequently have to reread whole chapters because I retained nothing ^^; Thats what my spiritual journal is for, I suppose.

I have so many questions and I'm excited to have a community where I can get some answers, support, and feedback!

Re: So new to everything and full of questions!

Hi and welcome to PF.

Feel free to ask any questions at all. We have a very diverse group of people here who follow all manner of paths. Have a browse and don't be afraid to pipe in on topics you're interested in

Comment

Thanks Torey ^__^
      I'm currently looking through the forums to find the right place to ask certain questions. What I'm looking to ask atm is 'how do you know its a god/goddess speaking to you and not your own crazy head making stuff up? How does it feel when a god/goddess speaks to you?'

Comment

Deep meditation is hard for me because I have a hard time just letting my thoughts pass by
        So does everyone You just have to practice.

Comment

Welcome to the forums
          You might also want to look at Raymond Bucklands's Complete Book of Witchcraft.
          Good stuff in there, there is.
          Click Meh!!

Comment

welcome I agree with the earlier posts, take some time to read through the forum posts and see where that leads you.

Comment

Hi and welcome! Feel free to ask whatever you like and read EVERY. POST. EVER. MADE!:dummy: (I like that smiley a little too much.)

I'm also interested in divination with Futhark runes. I have stones I'm currently working on. I don't feel like I'm quite ready for them yet.
              I would attribute that non-ready feeling to Odin.:: He can be intimidating, and sometimes pushy. I should know, since he prodded me to make my first set of runes, and I'm currently preparing my second set (smaller, and carved+painted instead of drawn with marker). Both are made of wood, but maybe one day I'll make a stone set. Maybe not for divination purposes, but too early to decide.

Comment

Working...
              X