Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, somewhat new, and in a rather... Bad situation. In need of assistance.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, somewhat new, and in a rather... Bad situation. In need of assistance.

Re: So, somewhat new, and in a rather... Bad situation. In need of assistance.

You've been with her for a year and yet only recently found out that she's already married?

Comment

Originally posted by Aeran View Post
      You've been with her for a year and yet only recently found out that she's already married?
      Yes, because he has technically been out of the picture for a while. They have been in the divorce process for years now, and she never told me out of fear of my reaction. Of course, we did fight over it and I was rightly angry. So, after all was said in done the situation stands that she wants out but he won't allow her to leave by doing his part. I'm angry with her, yes, but all in all; I just want this situation to wrap up and finish. Otherwise, her and I are stuck and unable to marry and such.

But, explanation aside, my questions still stand and I am in desperate need of assistance.

Comment

Without knowing you or her, our advice can't be very helpful. The whole thing sounds fishy to me. It sounds like she's still married and dallying with you and making up excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by Rowanwood View Post
          Without knowing you or her, our advice can't be very helpful. The whole thing sounds fishy to me. It sounds like she's still married and dallying with you and making up excuses.
          No, given she lives in a totally different state from the guy at this point; I wouldn't say that is possible. The situation is exactly as I have stated it, she is very low income, a lot of her things are in his name, and the only way to resolve this without throwing down a lot of money she and I do not have is for him to just sign away and get it over with. His reasoning, is literally he wants her, and is desperate; thus he isn't willing to allow the separation to take place. I am present, he is not, so dallying is definitely not the case.

The situation, is she is literally trapped in a marriage that she can only get out of if the other party gives in. She is low income, as am I, and we have no real way of settling this without him letting her go and allowing her to get on with her life.

It's a man, who wants someone he cannot have, because he ruined his chance with her. So, he is holding on to strings better left to fray and making all three parties involved miserable as a result.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardent View Post
            No, given she lives in a totally different state from the guy at this point; I wouldn't say that is possible. The situation is exactly as I have stated it, she is very low income, a lot of her things are in his name, and the only way to resolve this without throwing down a lot of money she and I do not have is for him to just sign away and get it over with. His reasoning, is literally he wants her, and is desperate; thus he isn't willing to allow the separation to take place. I am present, he is not, so dallying is definitely not the case.

The situation, is she is literally trapped in a marriage that she can only get out of if the other party gives in. She is low income, as am I, and we have no real way of settling this without him letting her go and allowing her to get on with her life.

It's a man, who wants someone he cannot have, because he ruined his chance with her. So, he is holding on to strings better left to fray and making all three parties involved miserable as a result.
            How does this prevent you living together? I don't understand that.

I know someone who's husband ran away. Like poof. She got a divorce without his consent.

Comment

My initial response to this is to discuss your options with a lawyer. Not all lawyers are expensive, there does exist attorneys who work with low-income people for a reduced rate. Call up your district attorney general if you need to, there are always options. It's not like you're the first couple to ever be put in this position, but you really have to be willing to hunt down your resources and check out your options.

There's really nothing anyone here is going to be able to do or say that is going to bypass that process for you, and clearly you're running at a brick wall trying to force this non-present spouse into signing a form if what you're saying is accurate. Do the legwork, hunt down your options, ask for help from those who are better equipped to advise you.

Comment

Originally posted by Rowanwood View Post
                I know someone who's husband ran away. Like poof. She got a divorce without his consent.
                Ditto, but exchange wife for husband. I'm guessing it varies state-by-state, but you can file for divorce based on no fault and have them served with papers...when you can't find the person, they just publish the information in the paper, and consider that sufficient notice. Its not all that uncommon in the military to run across someone that had their spouse run out and disappear on them while they are deployed.
                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X