This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Movie "Frozen" is satanic?

Reminds me of the big "Telatubbies" thing back in the 80's.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/disneys-fro...o-host-1440102

"Disney's Frozen is Part of a Satanic Scheme to Turn Your Kids Gay, Says Right Wing US Radio Host
    Pastor labels hit animation evil, pro-gay and pro-bestiality"

All I can say is WHAT????
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Re: Movie "Frozen" is satanic?

What's the big deal with being gay, anyway?

Comment

Gotta remember these are RIGHT wing religious types Ektor.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

"I'm not a tinfoil hat conspiracist."

Famous last words. I'm wondering if that sentence should be tacked onto the list of no-no's that begins with, "I'm not a racist, but..."

People have been looking for a Disney heart of darkness for a long time. Partially because the company bills itself as the penultimate family friendly brand. Back when I was a kid/teen it was folks insisting that the clouds spelled SEX in Lion King, that there was an erect male member in Little Mermaid, and that a voice tells Jasmine to take off all her clothes.

Ironically, no one who spouts these sorts of conspiracy theories ever gets all up in arms about Disney's involvement in the trajectory from "cute" to "sexy" of young stars like Brittany Spears, Miley Cyrus, etc, etc.
        Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Isn't everything a satanic scheme to turn your kids gay? I mean really.

Comment

Is it wrong that I wouldn't be flustered if I had a kid who turned out to be a gay satanist? Would be better than having a paranoid, bible thumpin' conspiracy theorist for a child.

Comment

It seems like anytime something gets popular, from Harry Potter to Pokemon, somebody comes along saying its the work of the Devil.

I had no idea the Devil was so good at game making, authorship, and screenwriting! *sigh*
              hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

I remember when I watched the movie, being struck by how strong the "coming out" message was. Reading the lyrics of the songs just confirmed my initial impression.

I haven't heard these guys commentary, and I don't really plan to either. All movies are loaded to the brim with imagery, suggestion, and hidden messages. It's about time people got over themselves and stopped pretending otherwise.

I would have to agree with some of the points in the OP. There are a lot of things in that movie that go against Christian set of values. But this is the secular world Christians are supposed to live in. If a Christian parent is freaking out over Frozen because they're scared their children will become "of the world", then they have bigger issues to deal with within their own family.

While pointing out the speck in the eye that is bestiality or homosexuality, they seem to have completely ignored the plank which is the working of magic (from a Christian perspective).

For those of you here who aren't aware, the working of magic is specifically forbidden because it replaces the foundation of the faith (that everything comes from the father, as does all power and authority), with the concept that the power comes from the individual. As you are all hopefully aware, this is why Harry Potter is such a dangerous work from the perspective of a Christian parent. It is also why there can not exist such a person as a Christian witch any more than I can draw you a four sided triangle.

Comment

Originally posted by DON View Post
                  I remember when I watched the movie, being struck by how strong the "coming out" message was. Reading the lyrics of the songs just confirmed my initial impression.

I haven't heard these guys commentary, and I don't really plan to either. All movies are loaded to the brim with imagery, suggestion, and hidden messages. It's about time people got over themselves and stopped pretending otherwise.

I would have to agree with some of the points in the OP. There are a lot of things in that movie that go against Christian set of values. But this is the secular world Christians are supposed to live in. If a Christian parent is freaking out over Frozen because they're scared their children will become "of the world", then they have bigger issues to deal with within their own family.

While pointing out the speck in the eye that is bestiality or homosexuality, they seem to have completely ignored the plank which is the working of magic (from a Christian perspective).

For those of you here who aren't aware, the working of magic is specifically forbidden because it replaces the foundation of the faith (that everything comes from the father, as does all power and authority), with the concept that the power comes from the individual. As you are all hopefully aware, this is why Harry Potter is such a dangerous work from the perspective of a Christian parent. It is also why there can not exist such a person as a Christian witch any more than I can draw you a four sided triangle.
                  Except Christianity isn't monolithic. And there are Christian witches. Not to mention a very large amount of Christians find Jesus' teaching removes many parts of Old Testament law.

Personally I saw Elsa's story as more about being able to overcome parental abuse. But even so, if it had been about homosexuality, that's not against the Christianity I practice, nor that of entire denominations, and churches I have been to. There is also no bestiality in that movie....

There are many ways to interpret the Bible. It seems the discussion theme of this week is monolithic interpretations of Abrahamic scripture vs. many interpretations of Abrahamic scripture.....

Comment

Actually I more saw the movie as breaking away from an abusive relationship and learning to be yourself rather than "oh hey, let's all be gay" or anything like that.

Though, to be honest, I liked this movie a LOT more than a lot of recent Disney movies. There was a lot more symbolism to pick up with it all in certain context clues, and the storyline is half based on one of my favorite fairy tales to begin with. Also, some of the fan theories are amazing and mind blowingly accurate when you look at the whole chain of movies.
                    Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
                    Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Yorin View Post
                      Actually I more saw the movie as breaking away from an abusive relationship and learning to be yourself rather than "oh hey, let's all be gay" or anything like that.

Though, to be honest, I liked this movie a LOT more than a lot of recent Disney movies. There was a lot more symbolism to pick up with it all in certain context clues, and the storyline is half based on one of my favorite fairy tales to begin with. Also, some of the fan theories are amazing and mind blowingly accurate when you look at the whole chain of movies.
                      Hey, same take on the film! *high five*

The theories are pretty amazing, my favorites being the ones linking it to Tangled....

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                        Reminds me of the big "Telatubbies" thing back in the 80's.

"Disney's Frozen is Part of a Satanic Scheme to Turn Your Kids Gay, Says Right Wing US Radio Host
                        Pastor labels hit animation evil, pro-gay and pro-bestiality"

All I can say is WHAT????
                        I don't get that. I think that this whole article is just a way to put out hate towards gays/homosexuals. There is nothing wrong with being homosexual.
                        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Nothing wrong at all !

Comment

Originally posted by Malflick View Post
                            Hey, same take on the film! *high five*

The theories are pretty amazing, my favorites being the ones linking it to Tangled....
                            Thats the exact one I was thinking of too. I think you and I have both posted about it on tumblr. Remember, those sideburns have GOT to be genetic lol
                            Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
                            Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Yorin View Post
                              Thats the exact one I was thinking of too. I think you and I have both posted about it on tumblr. Remember, those sideburns have GOT to be genetic lol
                              There really is no other explanation XD!

Ah Tumblr, my favorite place on the internet. ( No offense, PF, you're second favorite <3)

Comment

Working...
                              X