This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aren't the deities aliens?

I'm sure a lot of people have heard of the ancient alien theory which I think is true to a great extent. In the Bible, in other religious texts it says that gods and goddesses descended from heaven and made the Earth. If they came from Heaven and or made the Earth what it is, aren't they, default, aliens? Because they didn't come from Earth, which means they came from somewhere else, therefore technically making them aliens right? Of course aliens don't always have to have advanced technology, although I think most pantheons did but they were also divine.

Re: Aren't the deities aliens?

It might be possible. But your thread makes me ask some questions:
    -Why didn't they make us more similar to them?
    -What do you think of the appearance of the Gods? (Humans, animal heads, etc'...)
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I might be able to answer your two questions.

I believe they didn't make us similar to them because while they did teach us a lot of things like science, magic and so forth, I believe they feared us being TOO similar to them and we would overthrow them. Zeus, Yahweh and others have shown fear of humans becoming too powerful and being too similar to the deities and sought out to stop them from doing so.

The animals could have been symbols. Like with Ganesha being wise and showing an elephant head as a symbol of his wisdom. Or maybe they wore helmets similar to animals, like Vikings wearing horns on their helmets or they just happened to look like that. It wouldn't surprise me if there was a race that looked similar to birds or elephants.

Comment

Interesting theory.
        "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

To be aliens, deities would first have to be LIFE FORMS, and then have to ORIGINAT FROM ELSEWHERE IN THE UNIVERSE.

So, no...I don't think that Earth's deities are aliens, because I neither believe that they are life forms, nor that they originate from elsewhere in the universe. Nor do I think there is any credibility to the "ancient alien" dogma.

Statistically speaking, yeah...there are other life forms originating elsewhere in the universe, but statistically speaking, its completely unlikely that they have visited this planet at any point in its history, much-less to have coordinated a worldwide tour over multiple points in human history (or even more unlikely, that multiple civilizations coordinated multiple visits in a similar time pattern) to teach us anything.

That smacks of even more hubris than the idea of special creation.
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alienist View Post
            like Vikings wearing horns on their helmets
            NO.

I'm with Thalassa. I don't buy the ancient alien theories. Do I believe aliens exist? Yes, I believe there exists intelligent life elsewhere in this huge universe. Do I believe the gods are aliens? No. But, I believe there could be gods of other planets with intelligent life, which would qualify as aliens to our gods here on Earth. But I don't believe our gods came from somewhere else.

Comment

I agree. I don't think the deities are aliens. I believe in aliens, because I think that we can't be the only existence in the universe, but the gods are something else.
              Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

here is this.

http://www.crystalinks.com/sumergods.html

"In Sumerian Mythology the Anunnaki were a pantheon of good and evil gods and goddesses (duality) who came to Earth to create the human race. According to the some resources, these gods came from Nibiru - 'Planet of the Crossing.' The Assyrians and Babylonians called it 'Marduk', after their chief god. Sumerians said one year on planet Nibiru, a sar, was equivalent in time to 3,600 Earth years. Anunnaki lifespans were 120 sars which is 120 x 3,600 or 432,000 years. According to the King List - 120 sars had passed from the time the Anunnaki arrived on Earth to the time of the Great Flood. ' "

Just saying...
                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

1) Do I believe in alien life? Sure, why not.

2) Do I believe in intelligent alien life? See above.

3) Do I believe in intelligent alien life with the capacity to travel interstellar distances? See above.

4) Do I think it remotely possible that an interstellar civilization has interacted with life on earth in a manner that might be witnessed and misunderstood by a primitive culture? Unlikely but not impossible. Religions have sprung up from interaction between isolated societies of humans and more technically advance nations. See .Cargo Cults.

5) Do I think that an interstellar society dropped in to visit earth, put time and effort into shaping societies worldwide and then mysteriously vanished? Not really. I've yet to see a reason that an interstellar society would be that interested in us and then leave. Humans don't have a whole lot to offer an interstellar society and if the planet had something to offer then what was it and why did they leave? Till I see a decent explanation for the alien motivations, I'm not a fan of theories where all the old Powers are actually aliens that were trying to shape our civilization. I might buy the idea that some ancient humans saw an alien do something flashy and that they misinterpreted it. I just think the alien probably left shortly after instead of sitting around to proclaim itself a divinity.
                  life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

In the Sumerian myths they wanted gold..and they made us smarter to be able to mine it for them...Why Gold..who knows. The idea is they domesticated our ancestors to do some dirty work,and in the process cut us loose to become what we now are.

Thank you and good night..

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

They left a lot of gold around, just sayin....

That and I sort of have issues with the idea that an interstellar society couldn't build machines to accomplish their goals faster and more completely than pre-industrial humans could.
                      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I just post what I have read from the myths of Sumeria,much of it seems also to be mirrored in other religious text.

It has been written that religious thought was influenced by these myths. Or so the people that study those myths say.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

The Old Ones were, the Old Ones are, and the Old Ones will be again.

You can quote me on that.
                          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

The Old Ones were, the Old Ones are, and the Old Ones will be again.
                            The immortal B.DE. Corbin

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Well when we space travel, we are aliens doing so. Now take a look at your fellow man on the news tonight. Do they look and act like gods?
                              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Working...
                              X