X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Aren't the deities aliens?

Originally posted by Aikadon View Post
    From a perspective of "how could a religion have started" then yes, aliens are one explanation, a strange one, as there are much more likely options available.

Per definition, I believe that god is not a being, but a deity. To asume a god to be a physical entity is, in my opinion, to contradict their divinity. And so from a theological standpoint, I'd say no, a god can't be an alien. Even if worship of an alien being appears, you could either see that as them as being being falsly worshipped as a god, but I personally believe that they would rather "become" a patron god, or a patron god would Begin to exist from the worship of that alien.

Ofcourse these are only my metaphysical theories. Not to put to much weight on anything I say.
    Now when I think about it I have one more question -
    But how is the idea of "God made earth" come under the alien thing?
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Because if God made the Earth, that means God came from somewhere else. He's not from Earth because Earth wasn't created until he made it, which means God came from somewhere else, meaning that he is technically an alien.

Comment

Yeah, but are they capable of creating a whole planet? What about the dinosaurs and the first human being, then?
        "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Alienist View Post
          meaning that he is technically an alien.

Only if god is a life form.
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

That's if one believes God or any deity created the Earth. I never thought deities created the Earth or even us, but they probably made us what we are. I believe they came from other planets or dimensions. I always thought the deities were like the Jedi from Star Wars. I believe they used technology like flying machines or weapons like the jedi use aircraft and lightsabers but also had access to the divine and magic like the Jedi use the Force.

Comment

Today, new religions are started through the imagination of people, or through their interactions with non-corporeal entities (manifesting through an imaginative faculty) that they feel/think/believe are deities.

Without compelling evidence to the contrary, I'll apply Occam's razor and say "Alien God's? Not likely."
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Because if God made the Earth, that means God came from somewhere else. He's not from Earth because Earth wasn't created until he made it, which means God came from somewhere else, meaning that he is technically an alien.
                Would that mean that because the president lives in Washington D.C. he is not an American? He certainly doesn't come from Washington, so what would that make him? If God made the Earth, then the Earth would belong to him and the Earth is His. Technically, we would be the aliens then as well. Because God made man and gave the Earth to us, wouldn't that mean that we are not native to this planet, but rather we were placed here. Alien is a term used to refer to one who is basically an outsider, a foreigner. How could God be a foreigner in a place of His own creation, according to this argument? If you built a house in Russia and lived there for twenty years, would that make you a Russian? Maybe not legally. But if you were to return to the U.S., would they still call you an American? If you died and went to Heaven then returned to the Earth as a ghost, would that make you an alien? If you died and went to Heaven, would that make you an alien there? If Heaven is the final destination for the dead on Earth, then is it really a separate place or just another part of Earth we can't go to?

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                  Today, new religions are started through the imagination of people, or through their interactions with non-corporeal entities (manifesting through an imaginative faculty) that they feel/think/believe are deities.

Without compelling evidence to the contrary, I'll apply Occam's razor and say "Alien God's? Not likely."
                  yes, this x100000000000000000
                  Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                  sigpic

Comment

So who made the alien gods? Other alien gods? And who made the makers of the makers? Is it turtles all the way down?
                    Yikes, all that cultural appropriation that used to be here tho

Comment

Working...
                    X