Introducing myself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Introducing myself

Hello everyone. I recently came across this forum and after a few days of lurking around, I've decided to join. I prefer to be called John and I live in the United States in Texas. My beliefs aren't exactly widely accepted around here but I'm hoping this forum will provide a sense of community. I will try to be active in discussions up until October 21 ( my ship date for the US Navy) so until then, thank you for having me!

Re: Introducing myself

welcome

Comment

Welcome John..Navy huh...well been there,done that.. hope your time in service will be educational and if and when you get on a ship,check out the night sky in the middle of the pacific..the stars are SOOO beautiful when seen way out there.

BTW,are you going to Great lakes or San Diego? SD isn't bad in Oct,great lakes bring a lot of warm cloths..
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Welcome to PF...and (almost) welcome to the Navy! We have a number of Heathens and a number of Navy vets running around here, so you are sure to find a convo to jump into somewhere (and if you don't, start one!!).
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the forums!
          hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Howdy, and thank you for your service!
            I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and CountryTribe of my Tribe
            Clan of my Clan
            Kin of my Kin
            Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
            And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

Thank you everybody for your king welcoming, it really means a lot and I hope to contribute to the forum regularly.

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
              Welcome John..Navy huh...well been there,done that.. hope your time in service will be educational and if and when you get on a ship,check out the night sky in the middle of the pacific..the stars are SOOO beautiful when seen way out there.

BTW,are you going to Great lakes or San Diego? SD isn't bad in Oct,great lakes bring a lot of warm cloths..
              I'm going to Great Lakes. Yeah, it's gonna be cold. If I'm not mistaken actually, Great Lakes is the only recruit training command for the Navy now. I think San Diego got closed in the 90's sometime. Thank you for welcoming me.

Comment

Hi John & Hi to all, I joined not to long ago but have not been able to get on until just recently. I am looking forward to chatting with like minded people.

Comment

Hello John! Welcome to the forum!
                  Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnKich View Post
                    I'm going to Great Lakes. Yeah, it's gonna be cold. If I'm not mistaken actually, Great Lakes is the only recruit training command for the Navy now. I think San Diego got closed in the 90's sometime.
                    Yup, you are going to be cold! Although....it might not be that bad. When I was at boot camp, they were in the the process of building new barracks (though they insist on calling them "ships") which they were actually trying to make ship-like. I was in one of the few old-school army style barracks, but from what I understand, the new ones are much nicer and climate controlled and more self-contained, so you are outdoors and marching less.

I was at ATD school in October and November, and at Corps school (which I think is now down in TX) during March and April. That was cold enough for me (and I'm from Illinois! well, the lower quarter of Illinois).

What rate are you going to be?
                    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                    sigpic

Comment

I would suggest supply,mainly cause I was a ships serviceman(also known as ships mafia):devil:

Actually I started out as a crypto tech,but they made the mistake of sending me to the laundry(kinda like mess cooking thing) and I decided to become a REAL evil genius working with the real powers that be on a ship....:lol: I know Thal, supply is evil and corrupt,kinda why I fit in so well....::

- - - Updated - - -

And here is an unofficial logo for ships servicemen rate.

Click image for larger version

Name:	VSWA016-SH-WEB.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	352275

Moohahaha!!!!:devil:
                      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

welcome to PF. a very nice place and active. also people here will usually try to answer your questions.
                        Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons, For You Are Crunchy And Good With Kethup.

Comment

hello! My name is Joel. Ive been on this forum for some time but i have yet to post anything. how is everyone?

Comment

Working...
                          X