This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coffee connoisseur

We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Re: Coffee connoisseur

I'm not particularly picky. As long as it's 100% Arabica and fair trade, I'm good.

I prefer medium roasts over super dark roasts. I like it when it has full body but isn't too "burnt" tasting (like half the coffee in France...ew). Dark roasts are rare in Germany though. Most Germans like coffee exactly like I like mine: medium roast, brewed strongly, with a lottttt of milk.

Comment

I myself love very strong dark coffee,but I do use cream and sugar in it.(Not creamer powdered stuff,real cream(well half and half))
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Not much in way of Coffee in Brazil. The best is exported, national market has about three different coffee powders.

Comment

I'm not a coffee lover at all. I get the shakes from caffeine, a migraine from it, and usually a very unhappy digestive tract. Also, I think it tastes bad.

BUT...there was this one coffee I tried from Ontario last time I was there that was maple syrup infused beans, and holy heck. I hate coffee, and that was a good cup of coffee.

Mostly art.

Comment

I'm quite fond of the stuff.. I've even eaten the candied coffee beans if anyone knows what I'm talking about.
            We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
            It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
            Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
              I'm quite fond of the stuff.. I've even eaten the candied coffee beans if anyone knows what I'm talking about.
              Like the dark chocolate covered coffee beans? Those things are delicious
              Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
              Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
                I've had them!

Theses are the best!

I like to experiment - I prefer medium roast, but haven't settled yet.

The campfire coffee from the gastaion is good...

I also, by the way, support fair trade coffee when I can.
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I don't really drink much coffee... I prefer to smell it than drink it! It's not that I don't like it... just that I don't bother drinking it because I don't actively enjoy it much. If we go to a cafe I will usually drink iced coffee, because that, I DO like. Not the stuff in a carton (though I drink that too), but actual iced coffee made with an espresso shot and milk and ice cream (no fake canned cream, thank you very much). Or a frappe made with an actual espresso shot. Coffee flavour or coffee syrup is not good enough... it has to be with real coffee.

I would drink iced coffee or a coffee frappe all day. But hand me a hot coffee and I'm all 'meh'.

In Australia, most people drink freeze dried coffee at home, not ground coffee. We don't have the same percolator culture that exists elsewhere. If you go to a cafe or restaurant you will ALWAYS get freshly ground coffee via an espresso machine, but at home it's mostly freeze dried coffee powder. If you have an espresso machine or use a percolator you are considered pretty dedicated to your coffee, as they are relatively expensive. We have a percolator at home, as do my parents. My parents grind their own beans, but we usually buy pre-ground beans of whatever style hubby prefers. At my work we have one of those little coffee pod percolator things where you put little individual tubs of ground coffee into it and it makes you one cup.

Also, in Australia, most people drink their coffee either black, or with milk. Creamer is rare in Aus... you can buy it, but I have never known a single person here who used it. My first exposure to creamer was when I went to the US. And when I say milk, I mean average regular old milk. We don't really do cream or half and half, either. I'm sure there are Australians who do, but the norm is to drink it black (no milk) or white (with milk). Or with skim milk if you prefer, or with soy milk or almond milk if you are lactose intolerant.

Comment

I like the stuff from Boca Java, which I haven't ordered in months due to money issues. So I get what's on the shelf that doesn't remind me of my bad childhood.

Comment

I love coffee. I have at least one big glass of coffee per day, if not two. I'm not particularly picky on what type of coffee it is though, so long as it tastes like coffee, I just need to feed the addiction.

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
                        I don't really drink much coffee... I prefer to smell it than drink it! It's not that I don't like it... just that I don't bother drinking it because I don't actively enjoy it much. If we go to a cafe I will usually drink iced coffee, because that, I DO like. Not the stuff in a carton (though I drink that too), but actual iced coffee made with an espresso shot and milk and ice cream (no fake canned cream, thank you very much). Or a frappe made with an actual espresso shot. Coffee flavour or coffee syrup is not good enough... it has to be with real coffee.

I would drink iced coffee or a coffee frappe all day. But hand me a hot coffee and I'm all 'meh'.

In Australia, most people drink freeze dried coffee at home, not ground coffee. We don't have the same percolator culture that exists elsewhere. If you go to a cafe or restaurant you will ALWAYS get freshly ground coffee via an espresso machine, but at home it's mostly freeze dried coffee powder. If you have an espresso machine or use a percolator you are considered pretty dedicated to your coffee, as they are relatively expensive. We have a percolator at home, as do my parents. My parents grind their own beans, but we usually buy pre-ground beans of whatever style hubby prefers. At my work we have one of those little coffee pod percolator things where you put little individual tubs of ground coffee into it and it makes you one cup.

Also, in Australia, most people drink their coffee either black, or with milk. Creamer is rare in Aus... you can buy it, but I have never known a single person here who used it. My first exposure to creamer was when I went to the US. And when I say milk, I mean average regular old milk. We don't really do cream or half and half, either. I'm sure there are Australians who do, but the norm is to drink it black (no milk) or white (with milk). Or with skim milk if you prefer, or with soy milk or almond milk if you are lactose intolerant.

Comment

I've never had coffee with actual cream in it... that seems... odd to me lol. I have had it with non-homogenised milk and that has a very different mouth feel to regular milk, and I assume cream would be similar. I remember drinking coffee with powdered creamer when I was in the US and it was... different. I prefer milk.

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...atte_macchiato but simpler.

Comment

Happiness is a venti hazelnut macchiato. :3

I'll drink any strong coffee. I just have to test it first to make sure it's acceptable - if you can hold the pot up to a window and see daylight through it, it's no good. If it ain't as black as my oily heart, it ain't worth drinking.

Comment

Working...
                              X