This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If youre angry and you know it..

when you get so freakin angry at someone/somethin, how do you deal with it?? is it how you want to deal with it (like sit and talk) or do you end up full of apologies or wishin you had said somethin you didnt??

Re: If youre angry and you know it..

If you're angry and you know it kick some ass
    If you're angry and you know it and you really want to show it

Just kidding

I try not to get angry at the first place cause I suck at managing anger, I just get really pissy and edgy and all of that.

Comment

I just leave. If something or someone is making me angry, I just walk away.

If I'm just angry and there's nothing to walk away from, I just beat up my punching bag for a few minutes.
      Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Originally posted by nymphetflower View Post
        when you get so freakin angry at someone/somethin, how do you deal with it?? is it how you want to deal with it (like sit and talk) or do you end up full of apologies or wishin you had said somethin you didnt??
        According to the people around me, when I'm angry I condescend and belittle people and/or go all cold-hearted ice bitch. Often both at once.

When I'm driving I rant and rave and call other drivers names (inside my own car... I don't do external road rage lol).

In general, the angrier I am, the colder and stiller I feel, and the sharper my tongue gets. So if I'm ranting and venting then I'm annoyed or frustrated rather than angry, but if I'm cold and bitchy and patronizing then I'm pissed off.

I'm not good at the sit down and talk about it thing. I have to walk away and calm down, at which point I normally let it go. If I can do that then I'm never angry for very long (a few hours at most), and I don't generally hold grudges. But if it I can't be left alone to calm down then I escalate. I think one of the most important things is to learn how to let shit go... by whichever method works for you... because holding it in and stewing on it is not healthy. What's hard is when the person you are angry with deals with it in a different way to you, especially if it's your spouse or family member. I don't have any advice for that situation, because I fail at being forced to sit and work through things.

Comment

I raze villages and cleave peasants.
          Funny thing is I'm only exaggerating a little. I guess it's good I don't get angry much.
          Circe

Comment

Ya talking to me, ya talking to ME...nobody else here,Ya talking to me???

Not in many moons have I been like that,so everybody can breath a sigh of relief....
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I used to be very over emotional. Along the way it stopped. I would do and say things in rash decision that only hurt me in the long run. Now I turn it off quickly. I remove the person and who they are from my mind. I put them in another part of the brain. Where I ignore everything for another day. And I just never get around to it.

And usually when I'm really angry I like to visually send the people to the Hulk Cactus Penis Man. It just makes me happy.
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

When I'm truly angry, I'm the quietest I am outside sleeping. Really quiet, with a death glare.

How I deal with my anger depends on what I have at my disposal. Metal music usually calms me (sometimes in the form of brutal death, sometimes Korpiklaani's drinking songs can calm me down). When I'm pissed off, I become very snarky and snide. Which are basically the same thing, but I like both words, so there. If I'm able to be outside in the middle of nowhere and just walk it off, that helps too.

Comment

i removed myself from the situation and the person from my life, but i was 'over dramatic' and left instead of talkin about it (even though i did for months, but we wont go there), so naturally i was in the wrong. just wondered if everyone thought the 'sit-and-talk-over-tea-and-cookies-everytime-somethin-happened' miracle was everybodys, uh, cup of tea lol

Comment

When I get angry at someone, I usually try to walk away from that person to calm down. Also I keep it to myself until I am calm and I can talk to them in a calm way.
                    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Since my anger is almost auomatically replaced by the desire to crush everything on my way, I try to stay only with myself alone for some time in order to calm down so I will hurt nobody. If I say something I should not, I apologize. That's why I try to keep myself as calm as possible.
                      "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Even though sitting and talking things through is usually the best option and can really divert a lot of stress, hurt feelings (in the long run) and so on... It's not my typical cup of tea. When I get pissed off, the whole world can go fuck itself, especially the person that pissed me off in the first place. But I'm too lazy to hold a grudge for long, in most instances... There are exceptions for that, though.
                        �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                        ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                        Sneak Attack
                        Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I've met a lot of stupid people in my time, and stupid people don't know how to rationally express themselves. When someone shouts at me, I'm probably going to shout back if I have a reason. If an otherwise rational person rants at me, I listen calmly, let them calm themselves, and then ask, "We cool?" Typically they say yes and apologize.

When someone I care for really hurts me, I have zero qualms about cutting them off because I don't have room in my life for people who treat me like shit, no matter how much I might love them. I once didn't talk to a girl I'd known since birth for about seven years because she faked amnesia to get attention. A lot of people let jerks get away with a lot of crappy things. I think when I freeze them out it makes them think about it.

I don't usually get mad at other people unless they're being a flippant a-hole to me. Usually I get angry at myself for doing/not doing/thinking something, in which case I either talk to a friend or try to distract myself.
                          Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                          -Erik Erikson

Comment

if its somethin that makes me mad, it usually sits in a corner collectin dust until i find it again lol

Comment

I realize why I don't really get angry anymore. I have apathy to fix that. I just don't care beyond a few minutes of your appearance to be angry about something. I just shrug and move along. I spent too much time in my youth being angry. And for what?

I guess I give myself two minute amnesia every now and then. Two minutes. forgotten. Next.
                              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Working...
                              X