X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

Today is gonna suck.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
      Today is gonna suck.
      No its not!
      ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
      Seen the desert and the birds
      You cut your hair short
      Like a shush to an insult
      The world had been yelling
      Since the day you were born
      Revolting with anger
      While it smiled like it was cute
      That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
        No its not!
        I really hope you're right.
        �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
        ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
        Sneak Attack
        Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
          I really hope you're right.
          Be positive!

But then my days over. Laying in bed, flirting with a young stud... I hope your day ends up as good as mine at least!
          ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
          Seen the desert and the birds
          You cut your hair short
          Like a shush to an insult
          The world had been yelling
          Since the day you were born
          Revolting with anger
          While it smiled like it was cute
          That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Waking up... and how long it will take.
            Wild Witchy Dusk | TwitterMy Art Blog | My Deviantart

Comment

At last, 10th class is behind me... Phew! Now there are 2 months of air conditioner, high temperature, cats and PF in front of me! Yay! =^_^=

*feeling happy*
              "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Why is moving so stressful for you? I've only been awake 30 minutes, because you let me sleep in, only to wake up to you frantically packing things into the moving van, and clearly showing signs of annoyance that you were doing it alone.

Jeeze. Just calm your tits.

Mostly art.

Comment

Seem to be fighting with every piece of technology lately...
                  Work hard Play hard.
                  What is history?

Comment

Today is good!
                    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I actually slept. I mean SLEPT.

Today is helluvagood!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I want to buy a house.

But.

I don't know if we are realistically going to stay here, and I don't want to buy a house and have to sell it in 2-3 years.

But.

The market is going up.

But.

I want to get caught up on our outstanding bills (car payments, doctor bills, etc) before I worry about the utilities of a house...we just now (within the last year) have gotten to a position where we can pay our bills ontime every month and buy groceries, etc, and have some money left over.
                        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                        sigpic

Comment

I just had my biannual shearing.

My head feels 20lbs lighter, and my hat doesn't fit.
                          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                            I just had my biannual shearing.

My head feels 20lbs lighter, and my hat doesn't fit.

I just lopped mine the other day.

And, I also put on a hat , only to find that it no longer fit.

However, that hat was about 7 sizes too small. It's been maybe a dozen years since I last had it on. Who would have thought, if a person gains 70 or more pounds, their head is going to be rather large, then, too? I have a bigger head than I used to. There's a TON of jokes just waiting to be said, to me, now.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                              I want to buy a house.

But.

I don't know if we are realistically going to stay here, and I don't want to buy a house and have to sell it in 2-3 years.
                              Thalassa, if the market is currently low, and you have the cash for even a minimum down payment, you really can't go wrong buying a house (unless you buy in a slum).

Your house payments will almost certainly end up less than rent, you'll have more room, and you get to write off chunks of interest (but you can't write off rent!). Plus, you can mess around with the kind of stuff you like, such as solar panels...

If you have to sell in a couple of years you won't make money (unless you are lucky ), but, unless the market really tanks (as it did in Michigan. If it drops any lower, people will be paying folks to take a house off their hands. On the way to the beach today almost every lakefront home had a for sale sign in front of it, and nobody's buying), you'll get back the money you put into it. With rent, it's ALL loss.
                              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post

I want to get caught up on our outstanding bills (car payments, doctor bills, etc) before I worry about the utilities of a house...we just now (within the last year) have gotten to a position where we can pay our bills ontime every month and buy groceries, etc, and have some money left over.
                                is this something that ever really happens? We just had to buy another car.... Upkeep on the old one was more than the car was worth...
                                http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                                ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Working...
                                X