X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
    Yes,above the law,because both sides have carved a rip in the fabric of our democracy. I believe there was another time where our country was divided...Civil something or other...Perhaps the time has come for a NEW party,that truly has the well being of all the people deeply etched within its cultural base.

- - - Updated - - -

This will end badly if the current 2 parties remain in a position of power.( I wish things to become a push to return the power to the people,ALL the people)
    Oh I won't disagree the current two party system is more dividing than it is healing the country. In many ways I am reminded of the old adage of shaking your hand while twisting the knife in your back with the other hand at the same time. A viable 3rd or perhaps even 4th party to effectively compete against them would probably be the best thing that could happen to the balance of things. I do think the ability to "Buy" a parties influences though has been a significant trashing factor. No one can honestly expect to pour that much money into something and not expect to have a return in some manner from their investment and that is where the two party system really gets corrupt I think.
    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Yeh,always the money above the real needs of the masses. I wish I could think of a solution,but not unlike the two parties who can only hear their own rhetoric,it is useless to attempt to bridge the canyon that divides them.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
        At least he said something. That is still more than I've seen or heard come out from Bernie or Hillary towards their supporters in regards to the protest / riots going on right now. Sure looks as if they see themselves as being above the law as well. Especially in regards to influencing the electoral college by greater threat of violence and protest if they don't change the way they voted come Dec when they meet.

Figure it would be useless for Trump to speak to Hillary's or Bernie's supports about the protest they are doing right now so that has to come from them. So all he can speak to is the more violent part of his base and try to quell that group. Will it work? Probably not, but he is at least trying.
        Funny... I can't recall either one of them encouraging such actions. If some take it into their heads to behave in that way, it is that person's own choice and neither Sanders or Clinton are responsible for those choices.

tRump has actively encouraged violence, and that does make him responsible. Every time somebody says Trump is president - go home, I lay the responsibility squarely at his feet, despite his feeble "Stop it. There, I've said it."
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

This just made me laugh out loud...Karma is a thing best served cold.

Story.

And the headline:
          Mike Pence is going to court over his emails

Just so "incredible act of Karma" Rock on Fate..

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
            Funny... I can't recall either one of them encouraging such actions. If some take it into their heads to behave in that way, it is that person's own choice and neither Sanders or Clinton are responsible for those choices.

tRump has actively encouraged violence, and that does make him responsible. Every time somebody says Trump is president - go home, I lay the responsibility squarely at his feet, despite his feeble "Stop it. There, I've said it."
            Clinton conceded the election race. Silence is just as much condoning what her base is doing as if she came out and told them to do it. Given that there is also violence occurring with those protest, though I admit they have been relatively non-violent from what i've seen, Clinton is the only one who can speak to that group. Bernie has come out and verbally supported the protesters though haven't seem any support for the riot aspect or violence from his camp.

Regarding encouraging violence from the democratic side in general. I'd say that was pretty apparent through out the election and has been implied by the buses that have been at a number of the protest so far. Whether it was the DNC or other backing groups, Soro's comes to mind, protest and violence was a part of the strategy employed during the campaign cycle. It seems, to me anyway, it's continuation would be rather logical conclusion given the discontent with the election results and desire to influence the electoral college an it's unfaithful elector desire.

- - - Updated - - -

Story.

And the headline:

It does seem sort of a poetic kind of justice at play. Will be interesting to see which way it goes.
            I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Story.

And the headline:

Yes - and also that Christie is being pushed aside. Or is that pushed off the bridge?
              sigpic
              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

You know what I'm thinking? I'm thinking I'm ditching this thread. I really effing hate it.
                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

We had a dedicated election thread that was taken down - it is a matter of importance in the world, and it's something a lot of people wish to discuss. Maybe another such thread could be established, and then anyone not wanting to deal with it doesn't have to go there?

In other thoughts.....I just made my last trip to Walmart until after New Year's (other than one quick pharmacy stop in mid-Dec.) It's the only real store around here and will be a madhouse soon. I passed by a small Rent-A-Center in the adjacent parking lot and saw a 1974 Camaro in the parking lot. Pulled a u-turn and went in & talked with the owner. (My 1st car was a '75 Camaro). That was kinda fun.
                  sigpic
                  Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                    You know what I'm thinking? I'm thinking I'm ditching this thread. I really effing hate it.
                    I'd complain too, but I guess if the election is what everyone is thinking about, it's still on topic and it's not like I never get one-tracked.

Wanna keep posting about zombies here too, until it's over?

Not exactly about zombies except that my goldfish are named after characters from the walking dead video game, but I got a new fish tank a few days ago and I LOVE IT!!

At the start of the year I made a wishlist of things I'd like to buy before the year is out and a new tank with a light in the lid was on the list. The tank has to be near a window so 3 sides were covered to protect it from the sun and it made it really dark, especially in the winter. The new tank is one of those hexagonal ones so is taller but only takes up a few cms more of bench space (yet it contains way more water because thats how volume works ^^), and has a super silent pump. All you hear is the gentle gurgle of the water.

Even with 3 sides covered, it still leaves 3 clear and I can see Kenny and Clementine so much better with the light. I just want to sit watching them all the time.

I suggested to JP that we get another fish, but I'm not allowed because he wants to see how much bigger they'll grow now they have more space!
                    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I find it deeply amusing to listen to tRump apologists trying to take the moral high ground, now that they think they can gain by it - after first profiting from taking the moral cesspool.
                      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Day off today!

It's first day of "shoot a dear" season.

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                          I'd complain too, but I guess if the election is what everyone is thinking about, it's still on topic and it's not like I never get one-tracked.

Wanna keep posting about zombies here too, until it's over?

Not exactly about zombies except that my goldfish are named after characters from the walking dead video game, but I got a new fish tank a few days ago and I LOVE IT!!

At the start of the year I made a wishlist of things I'd like to buy before the year is out and a new tank with a light in the lid was on the list. The tank has to be near a window so 3 sides were covered to protect it from the sun and it made it really dark, especially in the winter. The new tank is one of those hexagonal ones so is taller but only takes up a few cms more of bench space (yet it contains way more water because thats how volume works ^^), and has a super silent pump. All you hear is the gentle gurgle of the water.

Even with 3 sides covered, it still leaves 3 clear and I can see Kenny and Clementine so much better with the light. I just want to sit watching them all the time.

I suggested to JP that we get another fish, but I'm not allowed because he wants to see how much bigger they'll grow now they have more space!
                          What kind of fish do you have Jem?
                          "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

I'm sending voice messages to people I know on the internet.
                            AND I'M CAN HEAR THEIR VOICES.

This must be how people felt when telephones were invented.
                            baah.

Comment

So,our progress in the technology has come to this...actually talking to other people.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

There has been an era of writing before that! (Or maybe I just discovered talking to people right now. Wouldn't surprise me, considering my huge social skills. )

I still feel like I'm living in a sci fi movie. People are talking on the other side of the globe and it all comes to this little gadget I have in my hand. And still, it's mostly about the weather.
                                baah.

Comment

Working...
                                X