Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm glad you're still good, Hawk and it's awesome to hear you're community is coming together to help those in need.
    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

Glad to hear you are ok Hawk.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Thank you! It's pretty crazy around here. But...tomorrow is the post position draw for the Kentucky Derby!!!
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

My birthday is next month. Weird that I haven't been as wild following as last year. Anyway, I am thinking about getting a bonsai tree kit. Trouble is that I have never grown bonsai trees. Bonsai can be grown inside the home, but I am still worried because I just am worried that I am not the best with greenery. I would love to grow bonsai trees though. They are so pretty and I am just wanting to try. Any advice? Or has anyone grown any?
          Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

You won't be able to grow a bonsai tree in the house - it is just way, way to dry for a tree. You'll have to have a sheltered outdoor place.

But... there are tree-like plants that can be grown indoors, and they make nice bonsai tree substitutes. Only picky purists will tell you that they aren't REALLY bonsai...

Check out a few of these:

Fockea crispa is one of the most famous caudiciforms from a historical perspective. Sometime after 1780 an expedition was led to South Africa, the western cape area to find new and exotic plants for Emperor Joseph ll of Austria.
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Speaking of plants, my Neanthe Bella palm is dead. I bought it in 1986 and it's been through a lot with me. Sad. I'm trying one last ditch-miracle thing - I cut off a frond that isn't dried out yet and stuck it in some dirt. No high hopes, but we'll see. I have some plants that are even older.
              sigpic
              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                Speaking of plants, my Neanthe Bella palm is dead. I bought it in 1986 and it's been through a lot with me. Sad. I'm trying one last ditch-miracle thing - I cut off a frond that isn't dried out yet and stuck it in some dirt. No high hopes, but we'll see. I have some plants that are even older.
                Good luck Hawk! And thanks for the advice B. de. Checking the site now.
                Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                  ...And thanks for the advice B. de. Checking the site now.
                  My pleasure! I love those crazy plants - I have one of these, a desert rose:

image.jpg
                  Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Hmmm,so B. De. just how long has this affair with "Desert rose" been going on....Are we talking about connection down to the very root?(forgive me B. De.,I just could not help myself)

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Something embarrassing happened to me at work yesterday.

So I went to work on Tuesday and it was raining hard so I got all wet, including my shoes and socks. And you know how when you get them wet you can kinda get this stinky smell? It wouldn't be a big deal if I could go home after work, but I had one of those 29 hours shifts so I was at work the entire time walking around with my wet socks.

The next day I just opened the windows everywhere I went and was always on my feet so I wouldn't stay long enough anywhere for anyone to notice! Haha

But I learned my lesson, usually I really don't mind the rain, but from now on I'll take an umbrella to protect my feet!
                      Last edited by Dumuzi; 04 May 2017, 03:19.
                      [4:82]

Comment

Also might be good to carry a change of cloths in a back pack or something for the just in case..

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I was supposed to start ballet classes this weekend. But I just got the message that it's cancelled because of too few sign ups sucks. I was really looking forward to it.
                          You remind me of the babe
                          What babe?
                          The babe with the power
                          What power?
                          The Power of voodoo
                          Who do?
                          You do!
                          Do what?
                          Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

I hate having wet socks. For me, in addition to being uncomfortable, they also make fart sounds when I walk.

Comment

Socks, cushion, sole, O.D. green. Try and keep your feet dry when we're out humpin'. I want you boys to remember to change your socks wherever we stop. The Mekong will eat a grunt's feet right off his legs. Sergeant Sims! Goddamnit, where is that sling-rope I told you to order?

Follow the orders of Lt. Dan.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I had just gotten off the submarine USS Helena in the PI and had to walk to the barracks but had to stop by the phone bank first to call my parent command to let them know we were ashore first. We came in between typhoons so was still raining and the second one was coming in and we were getting the leading edge of it. By the time I got to the phone center I was so wet had water pooling around the waist where my shirt was tucked in and was squirting up from out of my shoes with each step. Went into the head (bathroom) and was ringing out my clothes into the sink and can tell you those dungaree uniforms could hold some water, even the command ballcaps. Only bright note was my team had gone to the barracks earlier and taken all my gear with them so by the time I got there I at least had some dry clothes to change into. But was a miserable walk from the pier to the barracks. I can assure you rank didn't have it's privilege that day as I was the senior enlisted person and had to do all the official stuff while my team got to go straight to the barracks.
                                I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Working...
                                X