X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

Originally posted by callmeclemens View Post
    I don't eat meat anymore, but I used to make a mighty fine loaf of it. I actually used to mix a basic meatloaf then flatten it out, fill it with herbs, and occasionally a really creamy cheese, sometimes onion, scallion etc, then roll it like a sweet roll and bake it.

I also used to be closer to 300 lbs than 200.

We've had a string of cool nights out this way, I took advantage and baked fresh bread, and made a pot of butternut squash soup.
    I don't think it's so commonly consumed in England, and I was only a little girl when I stopped eating meat so I was just never exposed to it. I know I had black pudding before going veggie and can remember disliking the taste of sausage. I think I remember what fish tastes like, but I might just be guessing from the smell.
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I'd love some good black or white pudding about now. There's a Polish restaurant near me that serves an amazing blood sausage though.

As for meatloaf itself, last time I made some I mixed in onion, cheddar cheese, and pretty much every seasoning that you'd add to a "tex mex" mix. Essentially making a chili-loaf.

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
        You are old? Even at 70,I have not claimed to be a senior,because I am still young in my heart, because You know I can't remember anything anyway.
        The age of inclusion in the Senior Center here is 60, which I just turned a month ago. It's 55 for the movie theater, so I get to pay $6 for regular and $8 for 3-D. The woman I went with is also from NJ, we met at a political meeting a week or 2 ago.
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Ah,the glorious Senior discount,that BTW Comcast does NOT offer seniors.(Monopoly of ISP's)
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Earlier this year JP and I decided it's time to stop hoarding all our gold like some scaly old dragons and start spending money on experiences. Being unable to go far because of a cat that has anxiety if we leave her overnight, it has actually been harder than we thought. We've just found an awesome little experience though. On Saturday we're having a slap up meal with a tour and wine reception on the roof of the oldest building in Newcastle; the castle itself (that isn't quite as new as the name would suggest, lol). Not sure it'll entirely make up for the lack of holidays, but it'll be something to remember!
            夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
              Earlier this year JP and I decided it's time to stop hoarding all our gold like some scaly old dragons and start spending money on experiences. Being unable to go far because of a cat that has anxiety if we leave her overnight, it has actually been harder than we thought. We've just found an awesome little experience though. On Saturday we're having a slap up meal with a tour and wine reception on the roof of the oldest building in Newcastle; the castle itself (that isn't quite as new as the name would suggest, lol). Not sure it'll entirely make up for the lack of holidays, but it'll be something to remember!
              I've totally given up on collecting anything except experiences. It's been the best time. I try to do so a couple of times a year with my solo trips.
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                I've totally given up on collecting anything except experiences. It's been the best time. I try to do so a couple of times a year with my solo trips.
                I think I might had mild depression or something but I never cared for experiences until very recently. I always just felt that I was drifting through passively observing the world rather than part of it. An experience was just an inconvenience eating away at my precious free time. The only social things I really did was with the Japanese group and only because I knew you can't master a language unless you use it. It was never just for the experience of seeing people who's company I enjoy.

Then about 2 months ago we went out for a leaving party for the graduates going home to/moving to Japan. We went to a bar called the Alchemist where the cocktails bubble and smoke like magical concoctions. It was the first time I noticed being completely engaged in an experience, savouring every sight and sound. Enjoying the company of people I'm going to miss so much more for knowing I could have enjoyed their company better these past 3 years. It was like a switch had been flicked. It was also, incidentally about a week after I started taking the vitamin b12 so I can't help but wonder of that's connected somehow, although lots of other things happened around that time so it's hard to say for sure (meaning I can't change a single thing about my diet/lifestyle just in case).

Life is so full of colour now. I want to experience it and get to know it better! Going for walks along the beach at sunset, playing shogi (Japanese chess) with JP in my favourite bar/art studio... there are so many reasons to leave the house and so many great free/inexpensive things to do in my locality that I've just never taken full advantage of.

It was always hard to organise events with the Japanese group because I was so busy, yet miraculously despite working the exact same shift pattern, I'm able to meet up almost weekly. Hmm...
                Attached Files

Comment

Is it weird that I hug the ashes of my recently decease dog on a daily basis?

I still get teary eyed and it's been almost 3 weeks.
                  �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                  ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                  Sneak Attack
                  Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post

My 19 year old cockatiel, Mack, died in 2006. I have his ashes in a wooden box in the living room and I say goodnight to him every night, still. So if you're weird, I'm weirder LOL
                    sigpic
                    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post

Hell no! I have the ashes of my dog Trini (she was put down last November) and Lexi (can't remember exactly when she died, we were in SC). We have them sitting on my Mom and Dad's dresser and it is a shrine to them. Weird to some, but it's our way of being close to the fur babies that have died. And you are going to go through a grieving period all your own. I'm sorry hon. We have five dogs that have passed and I was sitting down and all the sudden the image of one flashed in my head (this being with Trini) and I knew she was with our other dogs. So it's personal. Don't feel bad that you're steal grieving. Prayers.
                      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

If you look at a Fuller projection map with Antarctica on the bottom and Australia on top, Australia looks like a little happy sheep dancing on top of the world.

^this may become my facebook status for today
                        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                        sigpic

Comment

Today is Lammas which means it's a year since I rededicated to my path! What an amazing turn of the wheel it has been. Today I got to spend time with my pagan friends and there was so much synchronicity (has been all week in fact). Time for a power nap then I'm kicking off my birthday celebrations! Blessings to you all, whatever you're doing and wherever you are!

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                            Today is Lammas which means it's a year since I rededicated to my path! What an amazing turn of the wheel it has been. Today I got to spend time with my pagan friends and there was so much synchronicity (has been all week in fact). Time for a power nap then I'm kicking off my birthday celebrations! Blessings to you all, whatever you're doing and wherever you are!
                            And to you as well, and everyone else! While not Asatruar, I like to call the day Freyfaxi, after the sacrifice of the horse of the same name. The story of such is quite sad, though remains as a rememberance of oaths, of justice, of sacrifice, and the turning of fortunes. So here's to the start of a good "harvest", and may we all reap such rewards and bounties that we have sown over the past year!

Comment

Congrats Jembru! I just can't believe it's August. Time is flying by this year.
                              Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
                                And to you as well, and everyone else! While not Asatruar, I like to call the day Freyfaxi, after the sacrifice of the horse of the same name. The story of such is quite sad, though remains as a rememberance of oaths, of justice, of sacrifice, and the turning of fortunes. So here's to the start of a good "harvest", and may we all reap such rewards and bounties that we have sown over the past year!
                                I've never heard that myth but I maybe should look into it considering that I identify my body with a horse. That horse helped me with my issues around my appearance, although I'm really struggling with it just now (I may or may not of scratched up my face and then posted it to FB this morning). Maybe I need to reconnect with the story the Little White Horse first came from.

So much of my life has improved for the better, if only I could overcome this last obstacle...

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                                Congrats Jembru! I just can't believe it's August. Time is flying by this year.
                                Thanks! Yeah, I'm glad it's not just me who thinks that. I wondered if it was all the sleep issues and so on I had at the start of the year making me feel like my year didn't start until May, but I maybe it really did just fly by.

Comment

Working...
                                X