X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

Originally posted by Yorin View Post
    Because last time I started to be more active it seemed every time I posted an opinion it was shot down and jumped by multiple people because my opinions weren't lining up to everyone else's views.....so.....unless I actually have something constructive to say that goes along with everyone else, I realized it's just less stressful to not post, and if all I'm going to do is post in this particular thread...well...that's what facebook is for.
    It sadens me that you feel that way... I know I come here when I want to connect and join in a community that's supportive of my spiritual path and I hate to think of anyone being denied that connection. For the most part, it's a good place But sometimes those controversial type threads can just feel so combative... I'm not sure what incident(s) you're refering to as I haven't been around much until recently, but I hope that you'll continue to join in despite them

Comment

it seemed every time I posted an opinion it was shot down and jumped by multiple people because my opinions weren't lining up to everyone else's views.
      That's never bothered me, but, well...

<- Contrarian.

I will actually go out of my way to bring more points of view into the discussion.
      Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

O - this is my head. If you have a gun, please shoot me.

Thank you.
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Oh no,he has a gub..Woody Allen movie..

- - - Updated - - -

On a sad note,some kid here in NJ did a suicide by cop. He left a note apologizing to the cop for making him do the deed.

- - - Updated - - -

Story here.
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
            That's never bothered me, but, well...

<- Contrarian.

I will actually go out of my way to bring more points of view into the discussion.
            A tendency that tends to provoke an odd mix of irritation and amusement among admins but that overall I (Juni and Thal can speak for themselves) consider a bonus to the forum at large.
            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Because last time I started to be more active it seemed every time I posted an opinion it was shot down and jumped by multiple people because my opinions weren't lining up to everyone else's views.....so.....unless I actually have something constructive to say that goes along with everyone else, I realized it's just less stressful to not post, and if all I'm going to do is post in this particular thread...well...that's what facebook is for.
              That's really weird. I don't ever recall this being the case. Oddly I'm the one with views that don't line at all with people here. Maybe I'm just not in the threads you are. Anywho, I've never had a problem with you being here etc. I hope you still aren't feeling this way.
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Yorin we are but sailors on stormy seas fraught with contrarian pirates, admin icebergs, and thousand post juggernauts.

We must remain steadfast and let the waves of dissent that crash against our bows strengthen our resolve as we sail into threads unflinching at the rocks and shoals that seek to sink our well-crafted and informed posts.

Comment

You be a poet in the grand tradition of the emotional aspect of the internal internet.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by ThePaganMafia View Post
                    Yorin we are but sailors on stormy seas fraught with contrarian pirates, admin icebergs, and thousand post juggernauts.

We must remain steadfast and let the waves of dissent that crash against our bows strengthen our resolve as we sail into threads unflinching at the rocks and shoals that seek to sink our well-crafted and informed posts.
                    I'm a mermaid!

Comment

Perhaps...perhaps...

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Reminds me of this actual quote from Moby Dick.

"All the forum posts that maddens and torments; all those posters that stir up the less of things; all half-truth posted with bad sources in it; all the shitposts that cracks the sinews and cakes the brain; all the subtle demonisms of bad posting and thought; all evil, to crazy Forum Moderator Ahab, were visibly personified, and made practically assailable in the shitposter Moby Dick. He piled upon the anonymous internet troll's name the sum of all the general rage and hate felt by his whole forum from the administrator down; and then, as if his chest had been a mortar, he burst his hot banhammer upon it."
                        Last edited by ThePaganMafia; 02 Aug 2016, 00:56.

Comment

My mother's birthday is on the 10th and I am thinking about how I am going to have to sneak her presents in from Amazon.com. Going to get her a cutting board set and maybe a new Santoku knife. Gotta order it at the latest on the 5th. Gotta get a card too.
                          Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

There's a bit of a difference in being contrary for discussion, and the fact that I'm not a fan of white knighting and SJW situations and believe that to a point that (as someone in this position before) the victims are always in charge of their own safety levels and actions....this apparently creates a lot of tension around here that last couple of times made me realize it wasn't worth the stress. Also, all I've been seeing is political posts and I avoid those like the plague
                            Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
                            Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
                            sigpic

Comment

:^^:

Comment

I was, by just not posting *shrugs*
                                Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
                                Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X