This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

My Mom has absolutely no ability to differentiate between science and pseudoscience. If I try to explain to her why a particular, expensive "medical" gadget that she has invested in may not be all it's cracked up to be, she guilt trips me and tells me I'm being mean. I've tried suggesting that she become more acquainted with mainstream science so that she has a better grasp on the actual theories that these people claim to be basing their products on, but she dismisses it because mainstream science is "too skeptical" and tells me not to be such a skeptic myself. Well if science isn't skeptical and doesn't reject unfounded ideas, how the hell do we decide which ideas are founded in the first place?!! Oh dear.

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
      I had a customer seriously ask if the mall office provided a discount on something for out of state customers...

How self centered do you have to be to think of asking whether or not you'll get hetter treatment than the residents of the state you're in?
      Theres a mall in adelaide where if you go to the main office and show your address as out of town you get discounts at some places in the mall.
      ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
      Seen the desert and the birds
      You cut your hair short
      Like a shush to an insult
      The world had been yelling
      Since the day you were born
      Revolting with anger
      While it smiled like it was cute
      That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

I got back with my ex. He says he's going to not be so judgmental and communicate more. I'm willing to give it a shot.
        Circe

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
          I got back with my ex. He says he's going to not be so judgmental and communicate more. I'm willing to give it a shot.
          The moment he starts doing anything he promised he wouldn't, ditch. I've had my fair share of girlfriends that I have two or three shots before I realized they couldn't be changed, but good luck.
          White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
          sigpic
          In Days of yore,
          From Britain's shore
          Wolfe the dauntless hero came
          And planted firm Britannia's flag
          On Canada's fair domain.
          Here may it wave,
          Our boast, our pride
          And joined in love together,
          The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
          The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

I'm thinking the world must look pretty from an ivory tower.
            sigpic
            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

That people who are woefully inept at a given task should not seek to countermand those who aren't.
              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

The PFGT of 2014 is behind us.

Now. To think about next year's gathering? I don't think so.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
                  The PFGT of 2014 is behind us.

Now. To think about next year's gathering? I don't think so.
                  How about one in Oz? I will totally host it, because I want to be there!!!
                  ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                  Seen the desert and the birds
                  You cut your hair short
                  Like a shush to an insult
                  The world had been yelling
                  Since the day you were born
                  Revolting with anger
                  While it smiled like it was cute
                  That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

I am turning 30 tomorrow. I swear, the past decade just breezed by.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                      I am turning 30 tomorrow. I swear, the past decade just breezed by.
                      Happy Birthday! The decades will go much faster now (sorry, but it's true!)
                      sigpic

Comment

Hawk be right,after 30 it is all down hill. But consider that down hill is a pure coasting thing...Got your skateboard or snow board ready?(Also a hand basket might also be used)
                        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                          How about one in Oz? I will totally host it, because I want to be there!!!
                          I'm thinking about going when the baby is either 10 or 18. We're going to do one trip to Europe and one to Oz. It's just deciding which is going to come first. It will prolly be Europe first since we both know people there and I'm the only one with acquaintances in Oz.
                          We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                          It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                          Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                          -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

I'm thinking I didn't get that job I interviewed for. School's started so they needed someone quickly, so they would have already called me if I was the one they wanted to hire.

I don't understand why no one will hire me?! I'm going to be stuck at my crappy part-time job for the rest of my life!

Comment

My son. The boy who has been bullying him beat him up quite badly last night. Nothing seems to stop this lad - not his parents, not the police...all ineffectual. My son has autism and that's why this wee thug has latched on to him. It's breaking my heart. This afternoon the thug and his friends came and hammered at our front door then ran away. They've no fear of anything or anyone.

Comment

Carlin, how old are these kids?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X