This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

I'm wondering how much longer the postie is going to be. There's a parcel due, I see his van outside, and I have to go out very soon so I hope he's not much longer!

Comment

I start back to work on Tuesday - in my old position.

Then, on Wednesday, I interview for the new position.

I'll find out if I have it on Thursday.

Schools are closed Friday - Monday.

If I get it, my first day in the classroom will be Tuesday, which will also be the first day with kids.

I'll have to hit the ground running, no time to prepare for either position, and I'm shakin' like a leaf. But I wantses it so bad!

Wish me luck!
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Wishing you the best of luck Corbin! Keep me informed OK.

Why my youngest daughter wants to Skype me for advice today.
        Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

I'm thinking about how I fell last night at work at the SPCA (did I mention that? I work P/T at the SPCA now as a second job) ...but I had a hole in my jeans, and I fell hard into really rough gravel. So one knee is just bruised, and the other is...well...kinda torn up. I was still bleeding last night when I went to bed.

I'm in so much pain.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post

If I get it, my first day in the classroom will be Tuesday, which will also be the first day with kids.

I'll have to hit the ground running, no time to prepare for either position, and I'm shakin' like a leaf. But I wantses it so bad!

Wish me luck!
            Best of luck, Corbin!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
            I'm thinking about how I fell last night at work at the SPCA (did I mention that? I work P/T at the SPCA now as a second job) ...but I had a hole in my jeans, and I fell hard into really rough gravel. So one knee is just bruised, and the other is...well...kinda torn up. I was still bleeding last night when I went to bed.

I'm in so much pain.
            Take care, V! Heal soon!
            "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post

Wish me luck!
              Good luck B. Not that you need it! Just start with finger painting! Tehehe
              ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
              Seen the desert and the birds
              You cut your hair short
              Like a shush to an insult
              The world had been yelling
              Since the day you were born
              Revolting with anger
              While it smiled like it was cute
              That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

I passed my summer algebra course with a B!!! That means I'm getting student aid money. And THAT means that I can finally quit this god awful graveyard shift. I would try to keep it going for the financial security, but it's 30 fucking hours of graveyard work a week and I'm taking a full load of classes. It's the first day of the new semester and I'm running on 0 hours and 0 minutes of sleep because I had to work until 4 last night. Even on my days off I can barely get my body to rest. It's absolutely wrecking me physically and psychologically. I might try searching for a few hours of part time work a week with a place that is more flexible, might just focus on school. Depends on how much financial award money I wind up getting. But one thing I know is that there is NO WAY that I could continue to work this insane shift and pass my classes. Hell, I barely even feel like a human being half the time.
                Besides, I'm happy to be rid of the thing. Making sandwiches until 4 in the morning 5 days of the week is the pits. College is way more interesting

Comment

Best of luck to ya, B!!

Healthy, healing vibes for ya, V!

But, now, wait a minute... makin' sandwiches til 4 in the morning? Cuckoo? I don't eat anywhere NEAR that much!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I think I'm digging being old...but 39 is boring. Is it weird to wish I was 40 and just get on with it?

Comment

OMG, this chicken salad one of the nurses shared with me is AMAZING!

Its granny smith and pink lady apples with celery and onion and some chicken, a wee bit of chipotle mayo (just enough to make it stick together) and black pepper.
                      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                      sigpic

Comment

I just removed safari and email from my phone. This is going to be an interesting week.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by Rowanwood View Post
                          I think I'm digging being old...but 39 is boring. Is it weird to wish I was 40 and just get on with it?
                          No, it's not weird, but it sure isn't "old", either!
                          sigpic
                          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Old,Old,you guys can't handle the OLD..............(40 is a nice age,not to young,and not to old.)
                            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                              Old,Old,you guys can't handle the OLD..............(40 is a nice age,not to young,and not to old.)
                              I felt really good at 40, & even better at 50. But now....not so much.
                              sigpic
                              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Rowanwood View Post
                                I cant wait to be 30.
                                ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                                Seen the desert and the birds
                                You cut your hair short
                                Like a shush to an insult
                                The world had been yelling
                                Since the day you were born
                                Revolting with anger
                                While it smiled like it was cute
                                That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment