This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

Totally got it together now. Just 24 hours until our first house guest arrives and everything is sorted now. Flat looks spotless. I painted the woodwork gradually over the last month and last night I painted all the radiators. Got a new mat for the bath and a toilet seat that actually stays up! (The last one kept slamming down because the system is too far forward so when it's up, it leans forward slightly). Sat here in the laundrette drying two loads of washing and will be doing a 3rd load when I get back home. Then it's just a matter of whipping the hoover round and polishing the shiny things.

Going food shopping with JP later, but after that I think this lady deserves a bubble bath a d a glass of wine!
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Thinking about what a bad frigging headache I have. There are people delivering my parents a new mattress and we have to pick up my nephew later. Hope I feel better. Ugh!
      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

We have some stupid certification tomorrow (or not. Don't know if the district manager is going to call out since our boss is out with a sprained ankle). I had to memorize a bunch of stuff. Thankfully I'm the queen of acronyms. But I have like 5 going on!
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Just cracked the shits at my friends. Not on purpose but I was stressed. Being the only sober person and driving country roads with roos last at night, plus loud music, plus talking and I snapped.
          ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
          Seen the desert and the birds
          You cut your hair short
          Like a shush to an insult
          The world had been yelling
          Since the day you were born
          Revolting with anger
          While it smiled like it was cute
          That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Monster goes in for his vaccines today. I am going to do my best and not cry when he cries. I got this.
            "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

I'm so pissed with my dad. He never goes to the doctor until it's damn bad. I'm going to have to take him to the damn doctor. They worry about me taking my meds and crap. I have to worry about them more. Ugh!
              Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Happy Straya Day!
                Last edited by Juniper; 25 Jan 2017, 19:20. Reason: expletive removed

RIP

You cut your hair short
                Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Happy Koala and Roo to you, too!
                  sigpic
                  Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Happy zombie wombats!
                    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                      Happy zombie wombats!
                      Bahahaha bloody zombie wombats

RIP

You cut your hair short
                      Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

I never realized how many of my local offline Pagan friends are some form of "dark witch"- like a solid 85% or more. I really need to go outside more. Or less. Not sure which.

Comment

Originally posted by Chessa View Post
                          I never realized how many of my local offline Pagan friends are some form of "dark witch"- like a solid 85% or more. I really need to go outside more. Or less. Not sure which.
                          You have local Pagans out there in the Panhandle?!? Or are you referring to back home?
                          I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country
                          Tribe of my Tribe
                          Clan of my Clan
                          Kin of my Kin
                          Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
                          And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

Feeling gutted for JP today. He did his second stand-up act last night and it didn't go so well. Well, he started off very strong. I was very impressed watching him because his stage presence was good and his jokes seemed to be landing and he got some big laughs. Unfortunately he lost the audience by using some politically incorrect language (it's a largely student audience so pretty poor judgement on his part really). After that they stopped laughing so much and his act just sort of fizzled out.

I spoke to the host at the end of the night. Actually, I told him off, because he'd made fun of him (which is what the host does, but it still felt unfairly harsh when JP was so new to the scene). He told me that in all honesty, he thought JP had some good material and that he hadn't realised it was his second gig. He assumed he was just trying out some new material. He then came over to speak to JP (I didn't make him, I promise!), and explained that the shock value is a trap a lot of new comedians fall into. He said you can do it, but you have to follow it up immediately with a strong joke or you'll bomb. He then went on to say that if JP thought that was dying on stage, then he needs to toughen up, because overall it was well received. He said it's a hard slog at first and that there'll be gigs where no one laughs for a full 20 minute set.

I'm glad I did that (JP was going to kill me when he saw me run after the comedian though ^^), because it did seem to lift his mood. I'm just worried he'll quit now. He said he'll take a bit of a break to reflect on what happened and work on his material before going back, but I'm scared he won't be able to face that stage again. Absolutely gutted for him.

On a brighter note, his friend from the Netherlands came to stay. He's such a sweet guy and it's been a pleasure hosting him (less of a pleasure getting the place fit for visitors, but at least it's all done and looking fab now!). He showed us this hilarious video. Sorry if you have seen it already because it apparently went viral, but I've checked all the threads I can think of that it could have been shared in and couldn't see it). It's from the Dutch equivalent of John Oliver's Last Week Tonight and is a video message to Donald Trump in his own speaking style. You might need to turn on the subtitles, but the message part is in English...

Enjoy..

夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Jembru, if your husband wants to improve he should consider taking slme improv classes. I've been doing longform improv for half a year now, one of the men in my group is a stand up comedian - has been for a few years now - and he says he can feel how much the training has improved his stand up.
                              You remind me of the babe
                              What babe?
                              The babe with the power
                              What power?
                              The Power of voodoo
                              Who do?
                              You do!
                              Do what?
                              Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

30 seconds have been ticked off on the Doomsday Clock.
                                Last edited by Hawkfeathers; 26 Jan 2017, 14:41.
                                sigpic
                                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Working...
                                X