Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was told once, (and I don't remember who... I'm fairly certain it was a medical professional, but I can't recall specifically who) to take 5k IU Vitamin D per every 100 lbs you weigh. But I'm short on time for a Google search to confirm or correct this. I also don't take Vit. D regularly even though I'm often vitamin D deficient. So, I'm not the most reliable source for this statement... But this is what I'm thinking right now.
    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

I'm not certain I believe lab results. My liver enzymes always come out fine, and after the college experience I had in the '70s, I simply can't see how that could be possible. LOL

A lot of people are Vit. D deficient and I think that's related to the current stance of covering oneself with sunscreen. "Back in the day" we laid out in the sun, tan was good, and so on and so on and scoobydooby doo. Now that I'm a old lady I'm supposed to be wrinkly, so I get tan again. My mood improves from a good sunning session!
      sigpic
      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

My b-day is coming up on Saturday and I'm going to purchase my presents for myself tomorrow on Amazon Prime. New purse and wallet, plus Hellboy comic and tarot book heading my way. Should be here by Saturday. I spoil myself, especially with Hellboy.
        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

My doc literally has me on a once a week vit D dose of 50,000 units. Like that's hardcore. But it worked!
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
            My doc literally has me on a once a week vit D dose of 50,000 units. Like that's hardcore. But it worked!
            If that's hardcore then I was definitely overdoing it at 70,000!

In other news, I just got off the phone to my dad who told me that Eddie Izzard was campaigning with my sister-in-law last week (she's an MP for labour and as you may be aware, we have an election next Thursday). Gutted I didn't get to meet him. I loved him in my uni days!
            夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

So my new fancy shmancy monitor came! PF, you got so big! It's a 22 inch wide screen and I got a steal for it on the Best Buy Memorial Day weekend sale. It was literally a plug n play. So easy.

But the wireless keyboard and mouse suck. There is a loooong lay on pressing the keys. Which after some googling, I found is probably because the vga cable is sucking up all my old laptop power. So I'm going to trade it back in for a wired one (and keep my mouse).

But for now I just close my laptop lid and browse and watch on this big ass screen.

I guess I might be watching...Nope! Not Logan. Gonna watch John Wick 2!

Comment

The neighbors behind me are doing a really big yard cleanup. I have a feeling they're gonna put up some ugly shed or pool or something....I see a privacy fence in my future. I already have a chain link fence so I'm thinking I'll get those slats you put into that to block visibility.
                sigpic
                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                  So my new fancy shmancy monitor came! PF, you got so big! It's a 22 inch wide screen and I got a steal for it on the Best Buy Memorial Day weekend sale. It was literally a plug n play. So easy.

But the wireless keyboard and mouse suck. There is a loooong lay on pressing the keys. Which after some googling, I found is probably because the vga cable is sucking up all my old laptop power. So I'm going to trade it back in for a wired one (and keep my mouse).

But for now I just close my laptop lid and browse and watch on this big ass screen.

I guess I might be watching...Nope! Not Logan. Gonna watch John Wick 2!
                  What I did for a monitor,I bought a 32 inch flat screen that has an RPG connection,so the TV works for my computer monitor,and my PS3 ans my ps2 as well(Old games)ps3 wont to ps2 games. and also as my TV(It is an LG,got it for $300 and free shipping from NY online place) Gonna send you a PM,OK?.
                  MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                  NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                  don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                  http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

OMG...my arms and legs are hurting from PT and OT. It's been about two weeks since I have been. I went today and am glad I went, but am in a lot of frigging pain. That's what you get when you don't keep up with appointments.
                    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

This fruit smoothie I made is delicious. And simple.
                      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                      Sneak Attack
                      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

My daughter is trying to get me to do vegi. She is vegi,she can eat eggs and butter I think. She did a vegi lasagna with this vegi meat thing,and it came out really good.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

So there's this thing I found in Las Vegas called The Buffet of Buffet pass. So for $59.99 (minus $5 when you sign up for their total rewards card), you can go to a few different buffets in any 24 hour period. Now most on the list are about $20-30. And I've been reading up on how to get the most for your bucks. I'm thinking getting into Vegas the first night and hitting up a dinner one at about 7pm. Then the next day do a breakfast at 10.....lunch 2pm and dinner at 6pm. Like just doing a little snack snack sample this and sample that whilst I walk through the strip! Doing 4 would def get my money's worth (about one free). Am I a fatty or a foodie or a frugal fatty foodie?!

Comment

a frugal fatty foodie?!. Maybe,maybe not. But you,as I, can squeeze a penny until it squeals,as my Mother used to say.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

It's my birthday and I'm 35 years old. I'm moving up in the years. Dear goodness. Where has time gone? Every year I like to set goals for that year, but I have no idea as of yet what I want to do. Still thinking. Mostly relaxing today. Got a headache as a terrible start for my birthday.
                              Anubisa

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                                It's my birthday and I'm 35 years old. I'm moving up in the years. Dear goodness. Where has time gone? Every year I like to set goals for that year, but I have no idea as of yet what I want to do. Still thinking. Mostly relaxing today. Got a headache as a terrible start for my birthday.
                                Happy birthday ya young whippersnapper!!!
                                I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country
                                Tribe of my Tribe
                                Clan of my Clan
                                Kin of my Kin
                                Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
                                And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

Working...
                                X