The Power of voodoo
    Who do?
    You do!
    Do what?
    Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

As a general rule (and I'm not recerencing anything here atm, another board brought this up), if you claim to be borderline sociopathic as an explanation for odd behavior then I'm probably gonna think you're lying in an attempt

a. to mitigate that you just said something blatantly idiotic or
      b. To make yourself look impressive

and it almost always serves only to compound your fail. Are there a handful of people who I might consider it credible from? Sure, but 99.9999% of the population ain't among them.
      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

my feet hurt ... eating new food ... a walnut and cucumber salad with pomegranate seeds, shredded carrot and a strawberry vinegarette ... nice
        I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

So I put my earbuds in. And before I put sound up, I could hear my heartbeat.

I can hear the irregular beat.
          I'm all beat beat beat....pause....beat beat beat....pause.:=I:
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I'm about to do something crazy... and I don't care

Comment

Jimmy cracked corn. He didn't care either.

oh my god. Tell me someone gets this.:=S:

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                Jimmy cracked corn. He didn't care either.

oh my god. Tell me someone gets this.:=S:
                All I can hear now is Jimmy crack corn and I don't care..Jimmy crack corn and I don't care...For the master's gone away...
                I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

yay!
                  mn,khkhm,

Comment

Duce I have been playing Adele's Hello on repeat and each time I do a small part of me thinks of you...

Six day work week and KP leaves for Wisconsin next Saturday. I am having flash backs of the last time I was left at home for a month. The bright side this time? He is taking ALL of our stuff when he goes and I'll follow with the dogs, air mattress, laptop, coffee maker, coffee cup, clothes. You guys know I'm really going to need you the next month right???
                    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
                      Duce I have been playing Adele's Hello on repeat and each time I do a small part of me thinks of you...

Six day work week and KP leaves for Wisconsin next Saturday. I am having flash backs of the last time I was left at home for a month. The bright side this time? He is taking ALL of our stuff when he goes and I'll follow with the dogs, air mattress, laptop, coffee maker, coffee cup, clothes. You guys know I'm really going to need you the next month right???
                      They play it at work as well. And I'm like over my walkie 'I'll be in the back corner crying to the hammers over here'.

Comment

This getting up early thing is killing me. The last couple months have been the first time in at least 3 years that I've really had to be awake and active at 530/630 in the morning. Ugh.
                        We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                        It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                        Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                        -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Hmmmm to apply for a job offer that looks interesting, or not to apply? I was bored and looking over job ads for a friend (she's been unemployed for a while and I feel a bit bad for her) and I found a post for a company that has a mobile app for biking and hiking tours. Now, I'm actually pretty happy freelancing and always said that I'd only consider being employed by someone else for the job security (this is for a start-up, so job security isn't one of the perks), but the company looks really interesting, the subject matter is something I wholeheartedly support, and it seems like the existing team shares a lot of my interests. Dilemma.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                            Hmmmm to apply for a job offer that looks interesting, or not to apply? I was bored and looking over job ads for a friend (she's been unemployed for a while and I feel a bit bad for her) and I found a post for a company that has a mobile app for biking and hiking tours. Now, I'm actually pretty happy freelancing and always said that I'd only consider being employed by someone else for the job security (this is for a start-up, so job security isn't one of the perks), but the company looks really interesting, the subject matter is something I wholeheartedly support, and it seems like the existing team shares a lot of my interests. Dilemma.
                            Always apply...you can decide to take it or not aftwr they offer it
                            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                              Always apply...you can decide to take it or not aftwr they offer it
                              This is true...thanks for the advice!

Comment

Scary morning. I've been up since 4 AM. My roommate got bit by a spider in the night and had an anaphylactic reaction and couldn't breath. She's in the ER for the day doing better and I just got home, calling for someone to fumigate the place and missing class for the day. I hope the rest of the week goes better for us.

Comment

Working...
                                X