This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

I kept hearing hints of that on the news off and on...Not snowmagedon right....are you in the high country?
    Last edited by anunitu; 23 Oct 2016, 04:59.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I'm 5 minutes from the Sugarloaf ski resort in Maine's high country. They're saying the upper parts of the mountains can get 6+ inches. We're at 1500 feet here. Should pick up a few inches.

- - - Updated - - -

Took this about a week ago from the top of Quill Hill. On the right is Sugarloaf-also the second highest point in Maine-and on the left is the Bigelow Range. I live right in between them. The Fall colors were about a week past peak. The leaves are almost all dropped now.

I've really enjoyed it up here. We are about 20 miles from Quebec so almost all the radio stations are French and we have a lot of French speakers come through. I've been helping run an Appalachian Trail hiker hostel this season and I've decided to stay for Winter and be a ski bum.
      Last edited by ThePaganMafia; 23 Oct 2016, 05:18.

Comment

Given this,it may snow down here in NJ mid November,give or take depending on weather quarks. One year we did get an October heavy snow that snapped trees(wet snow,and still leaves on the trees) Caused power outages almost like an ice storm(hate those)

- - - Updated - - -

Snow in Oct,2011.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

On Oct. 28, 2008 it snowed in NJ, too, but not too heavily. I know the date because I had to drive to Philly for a horse race we jokingly called the Blizzard Stakes afterwards. The NJ Turnpike is the worst in snow/rain. Everything kicks back up and visibility is zero.
          sigpic
          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I so want to tell my sister what a stuck up brat she is. She thinks she is better than everyone else. A friend of mine and her family is going through some hard times and I asked her if she knew anyone who had clothes or toys for children of her family's age. She told me that my friend should go to a Catholic charity. I wanted to slap her upside her damned head. She didn't even let me finish.
            Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Every couple weeks my mom and I go to various bookstores, and at times I've wanted to pick up books related to paganism. However, since my dad is a mega christian, still to this day, I imagine the Yahweh would get angry at me for bringing pagan or witchcraft related books in the car or at home, and because of that I get afraid that something bad would happen. It's likely nothing more than superstition, but it bothers me that there's still areas that christianity is affecting my mind like this.

Comment

It is true if you grow up in an as you said Mega Christian house,a lot of things will hang on to you. I am still at times plagued with remembering things even from as far back as almost 50 years. So,you are not alone in that.

- - - Updated - - -

Also you should know there are groups for recovering Christians to deal with severe guilt feelings about the past connection with religions. I mentioned Christine's in general,but those groups cover all the many types of Christian influences.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                  It is true if you grow up in an as you said Mega Christian house,a lot of things will hang on to you. I am still at times plagued with remembering things even from as far back as almost 50 years. So,you are not alone in that.

- - - Updated - - -

Also you should know there are groups for recovering Christians to deal with severe guilt feelings about the past connection with religions. I mentioned Christine's in general,but those groups cover all the many types of Christian influences.
                  It really isn't that great, that's for sure. I'm even afraid to call on my Goddess for help while I'm over here, even though I've done it before.

That kind of group might really interest me, thanks for bringing that up.

Also, I'm realizing that most of my posts on here seem whiny or negative, so I think I should start changing that.

Comment

Originally posted by toxicyarnglare View Post
                    Every couple weeks my mom and I go to various bookstores, and at times I've wanted to pick up books related to paganism. However, since my dad is a mega christian, still to this day, I imagine the Yahweh would get angry at me for bringing pagan or witchcraft related books in the car or at home, and because of that I get afraid that something bad would happen. It's likely nothing more than superstition, but it bothers me that there's still areas that christianity is affecting my mind like this.
                    Having lived with a devout Catholic for a long time, the LoH is less likely to care than your father. If he was that finicky...

Shrug, I've lived for years around someone who occasionally gets very straightforward answers to prayers. I would be ashes by now instead of around to make bad jokes about the LoH's sense of humor*.

*A place cleansing/banishing was answered by a Christian bookstore replacing the store I had an issue with. I have my issues with the LoH but he has a sense of humor. It's just mildly disturbed.
                    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

It really isn't that great, that's for sure. I'm even afraid to call on my Goddess for help while I'm over here, even though I've done it before.

That kind of group might really interest me, thanks for bringing that up.

Also, I'm realizing that most of my posts on here seem whiny or negative, so I think I should start changing that.
                      Just speaking for myself, but I don't think you're coming across as whiny. You seem like someone working through a lot of stuff. That's a good thing and if talking about it helps, well so long as you're not sending long essay-like PM's unsolicited to multiple members, I don't see it as an issue. We can't all be sunshine and rainbows 24/7.

I'm working through all kinds of stuff myself and I'm not afraid to bare all if the feeling takes me. Especially if I'm excited about an experience or discovery. I just want to share! Everyone's different when if comes to what they will and won't discuss, but I think that's okay.
                      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Having issues deciding which branch.
                        "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

That sounds so familiar! And still, I have never been (at least officially) a Christian and my family has always been atheist. It seems like there is not escape for the good ol' guilt! At least not in this culture (whatever the definition of that is, after all there is an ocean between us). But at least you are aware of it. That is the first step. There are also online communities for ex-Christians if that helps. (Although many of them might be aimed for atheists. But at least this forum seems to have a board for people in other religions.)

And when it comes to being "whiny", I fully agree with Jembru!
                          baah.

Comment

Guilt can be a really strong influence on some people. While in the mental health system,I met a guy who had chewed his own thumbs off,and the reason concerned his guilt at doing masturbation that made his guilt so bad he chewed his own thumbs of to stop himself from doing it. I can not imagine what imprinted that level of guilt on him,but these things do happen,and extremes of religious belief do happen.

- - - Updated - - -

This study "May" explain why some people are more religious and why some can disregard religion.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

^^^ That kind of thing happens not so much because of a particular religion, but because people with absolutely no business raising humans are allowed/encouraged to breed without restriction.
                              sigpic
                              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I agree Hawk,some people should never be allowed to have children.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Working...
                                X