X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

8:30 pm and it's 87 degrees.
    Nope. Not even in the rant section.
    Once you have accepted Hell, it's just a matter of posting numbers.
    meh.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

As I said before Duce,the Nino is coming....kind of like Game of thrones but with a lot of WATER..
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

That in the next year or so I should relegate Windows to a VM somewhere that I use for games, experimenting and nothing else. Also that I need to start modding some other habits. There are some trends in computing that I'm not a fan of and since I know how to opt out of most of them, it's about time I started doing so.
        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

So MO,VMing window brings my mind to ask in what OS will you VM windows...

So it seems the question is:If Windows is fading then,then what is dawning in the new computing sky?

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
            So MO,VMing window brings my mind to ask in what OS will you VM windows...
            Are you asking which version of windows will be used to make the VM? 7 or 10 or one of each

What the OS of the physical machine will be? Pick a linux distro, I have several and may grab a completely different one

What I'll be running the VM with? likely VirtualBox
            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

I asked because I VM with dosbox for old dos games,and even use it to do some old dos assembler stuff.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I asked because I VM with dosbox for old dos games,and even use it to do some old dos assembler stuff.
                Slightly different concept. DosBox is an emulator that allows you to run DOS programs. It appears to be a pretty advanced one but it isn't quite what I'm talking about.

allows for a full virtual environment. I load it onto a machine. Set what system resources I want to allot to a VM, it'll set aside hard disk space and then I install the VM. At the end I have a fully functioning (well almost, running a VM inside a VM is a bad idea but that's the only limit I've found to date) fake computer that is largely isolated from its host. If you've got enough space, ram and a strong enough CPU then you can set up a small network of machines in one host. A security class I was in did its capstone project on a server dedicated for use as a VM host. My team's network alone was 8 different linux boxes (3 clients, 1 file server, 2 web servers, a CentOS machine serving as a firewall and a kali box being used to test our settings and attack other systems). There were two other teams with their own networks that had at minimum 4-5 machines each. Granted we weren't doing all this with virtualbox but I don't need to mount multiple small networks that wage war against each other so VirtualBox will work fine.

Comment

That is an interesting project,I am duly impressed.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

That is an interesting project,I am duly impressed.
                    The fun part was that at the time, I'd just finished a separate degree and I was willing to take some exorbitant risks. The project required a file server that could be accessed by multiple clients and some form of authentication. I knew how to do that, I'd done it at home for something else. I wanted to replicate certain features of a windows domain in a linux environment. Sooo... after two months of cursing, the file server is also an OpenLDAP server hosting most of the day to day user accounts and making files available via NFS. The clients mount the user folders when they boot up. A user logs in with an LDAP account and they get access to their user folder but no access to the others. If I dislike a user then I delete them at the server (or change their password because I'm being an ass), no more access. Since the LDAP accounts didn't have installation rights, the host machines were moderately protected against stupidity as well. I actually had to deliberately bypass security features so that viruses could be put in place during the second part of the project.

Comment

Souplantation [aka Sweet Tomatoes in some parts of the nation], while delicious, is not a good place to go when on a meat and broth only diet. All I could eat was chicken noodle soup and I had to give the noodles to hubby.
                      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                      Sneak Attack
                      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I can't find the cheese knife. This is a disaster. Now I'll have to cut the cheese with a regular knife.

(No fart jokes, please. Yes, Anu, that means you )

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                          Souplantation [aka Sweet Tomatoes in some parts of the nation], while delicious, is not a good place to go when on a meat and broth only diet. All I could eat was chicken noodle soup and I had to give the noodles to hubby.
                          Their bread and butter (The Diabetes Devils) and their cream of mushroom soup. I'd kill a baby for that.
                          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I'm thinking that tomorrow is my bachelorette party, and right now I'm in bed with fever, sore throat, coughing and a runny nose. Well won't that be fun.
                            You remind me of the babe
                            What babe?
                            The babe with the power
                            What power?
                            The Power of voodoo
                            Who do?
                            You do!
                            Do what?
                            Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
                              I'm thinking that tomorrow is my bachelorette party, and right now I'm in bed with fever, sore throat, coughing and a runny nose. Well won't that be fun.
                              Have fun at your bachelorette party, wish I was there to pour some whisky or vodka in your glass so it would soothe that cough some And a good hug.

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
                                I can't find the cheese knife. This is a disaster. Now I'll have to cut the cheese with a regular knife.

(No fart jokes, please. Yes, Anu, that means you )
                                I am deeply hurt that you would even think that I would stoop to fart jokes..I think we need to clear the air(What is that smell) and begin the process of healing and what say a toast to the Many types of cutting the cheese..

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Working...
                                X