X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oleander77 View Post
    Supermoon just came up.......at the beach
    It was soooo pretty! I saw it rising above the clouds.
    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
    Seen the desert and the birds
    You cut your hair short
    Like a shush to an insult
    The world had been yelling
    Since the day you were born
    Revolting with anger
    While it smiled like it was cute
    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
      Steel boogers.

Day 2 and I'm wiped out. I should sleep like a stone, tonight! G'night folks!
      I wish I was thereeeee!
      ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
      Seen the desert and the birds
      You cut your hair short
      Like a shush to an insult
      The world had been yelling
      Since the day you were born
      Revolting with anger
      While it smiled like it was cute
      That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

Its been days since I have even looked at a computer... so much work.. so tired but I got up early so I could say hello to everyone and do a quick skim!!!

Hello everyone!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

also the dogs and I did a run in the rain to go potty and now i'm soaked they smell like dog and it feels amazing outside
        "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Steel boogers.

Day 2 and I'm wiped out. I should sleep like a stone, tonight! G'night folks!
          I can't wait to get there next weekend. Know if anyone else is planning to be therethen?
          We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
          It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
          Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
          -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
            I can't wait to get there next weekend. Know if anyone else is planning to be therethen?
            Not a word. :-(

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I think one of the fish I got second hand has columnaris. She's got this white fuzz, almost looks like shedding skin but fish don't shed, very pale, isn't moving much, and isn't eating. The other two Silver Dollars seem vigorous and the sucker fish hasn't changed behavior. I just got these guys and I'm not sure what to do. Google tells me that we should use antibiotics pronto. I have no trouble believing it might be sick, the guy we got them from had them in a filthy tank. I might be wrong though. This is my first experience with fish. According to wikipedia it's usually fatal inside 72 hours and the fish is covered in white fluff so if it does have it then the best option might just be to remove it from the tank.
              Circe

Comment

Steel boogers.

Lol. I've got boogers... boogers of steel.

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
                  I think one of the fish I got second hand has columnaris. She's got this white fuzz, almost looks like shedding skin but fish don't shed, very pale, isn't moving much, and isn't eating. The other two Silver Dollars seem vigorous and the sucker fish hasn't changed behavior. I just got these guys and I'm not sure what to do. Google tells me that we should use antibiotics pronto. I have no trouble believing it might be sick, the guy we got them from had them in a filthy tank. I might be wrong though. This is my first experience with fish. According to wikipedia it's usually fatal inside 72 hours and the fish is covered in white fluff so if it does have it then the best option might just be to remove it from the tank.
                  You need to get it out of the tank immediately so it doesn't infect the other fish - and probably get the water treated for the healthy fish.

The thing about fish diseases is that they can easily mimic one another & are extremely hard to diagnose based on web descriptions/photos. Both ich and fungal infections can make a fish look woolly/cottony. Fungus would be more likely for fish coming from a filthy tank - columnaris seems to prefer cleaner environments. Funguses usually attack fish that are already stressed or sick, and moving from one environment to another might encourage dormant fungal spores to grow.
                  The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Re: What are you thinking about?

Got called white trash in a road rage argument, my feelings are hurt.
                    White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
                    sigpic
                    In Days of yore,
                    From Britain's shore
                    Wolfe the dauntless hero came
                    And planted firm Britannia's flag
                    On Canada's fair domain.
                    Here may it wave,
                    Our boast, our pride
                    And joined in love together,
                    The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
                    The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

What Ophidia said.

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
                        also the dogs and I did a run in the rain to go potty
                        This amused me very much. Thank you.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Not a word. :-(
                          Ah well we can rattle the trees down all on our own if necessary. I'll bring the booze, you got the music?
                          We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                          It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                          Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                          -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Ophidia View Post
                            You need to get it out of the tank immediately so it doesn't infect the other fish - and probably get the water treated for the healthy fish.

The thing about fish diseases is that they can easily mimic one another & are extremely hard to diagnose based on web descriptions/photos. Both ich and fungal infections can make a fish look woolly/cottony. Fungus would be more likely for fish coming from a filthy tank - columnaris seems to prefer cleaner environments. Funguses usually attack fish that are already stressed or sick, and moving from one environment to another might encourage dormant fungal spores to grow.
                            What would you recommend for the water treatment? And what should I do with the fish? We don't have anywhere we can keep it for more than a few hours. We have another tank but we don't have a filter for it.

I'm not sure where to get antibiotics or anything like that for fish. The place we normally go us petco and they refuse to sell antibiotics. Petsmart's website makes me think they've only got stuff for ick
                            Last edited by Corvus; 12 Aug 2014, 08:15.
                            Circe

Comment

?..And what should I do with the fish? We don't have anywhere we can keep it for more than a few hours. We have another tank but we don't have a filter for it.
                              If it's a freshwater fish, one fish alone in a tank with no filer should have no problem for days. Depends on the delicacy of the fish.

(You could change a portion of the water each day, if you're worried.)
                              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

What would you recommend for the water treatment? And what should I do with the fish? We don't have anywhere we can keep it for more than a few hours. We have another tank but we don't have a filter for it.

I'm not sure where to get antibiotics or anything like that for fish. The place we normally go us petco and they refuse to sell antibiotics. Petsmart's website makes me think they've only got stuff for ick
                                You'd probably be best off w/a place that specializes in aquariums & fish.

I don't know why it hadn't occurred to me before, but potassium permanganate might be the best non-specific treatment. It generally kills or inhibits most bacterial & fungal growths. You can use a slightly higher concentrate as a bath for the visibly infected fish, and in a lower concentration to treat the tank w/the so-far healthy fish. PP should actually work on most fungal infections or early stages of columnaris or ich. It's also easy to neutralize if your fish turn out to be sensitive to it.

If none of the pet stores around you carry it, check hardware stores - they might have it with stuff for ponds.
                                The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Working...
                                X