This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

It seems that I'm spending my life writing job applications and revising my resume... And I'm happy about it... is that strange? I feel like I shouldn't be enjoying it this much... oh yeah. School too. But I honestly spend more brain power on job hunting.
    You remind me of the babe
    What babe?
    The babe with the power
    What power?
    The Power of voodoo
    Who do?
    You do!
    Do what?
    Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

So I went shopping today to start gathering my supplies for swimming and the gym! First let me say this...whoever made trying on bathing suits a thing can go rot. I mean ug. Nothing fits in all the spots! So after trying everything on (5 bathing suits) I am going to order on-line and try it on at home. I'm down to this style:

Please ignore this chic's weird Barbie arm placement. The point is I like the halter which is my best feature. But it's not like super low. And I like the skirt. Because as I've lost weight over the years I have skinny legs that I like. But my thighs jiggle like cherry jello. I think this is modest enough. I ain't trying to date a guy. I'm trying to swim!

Also. I wanted to get one of those terry towels that wrap around you with velcro closure. But they are all over $25. No thank you. So I bought an extra wide black quick dry towel for $4.97 and a bundle of black sew Velcro and closure strips for .84 cents. So yeah. Frugal sewing here I come!

All I need now is toiletry containers from the 99 cents store and a new 99 cent recycle bag. I'm going to use that as my tote. I also picked my lock up and I need some flip flops. Hopefully in another week I'll be swimming!

(IF I don't completely fall apart after trying on another bathing suit)
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
        So I went shopping today to start gathering my supplies for swimming and the gym! First let me say this...whoever made trying on bathing suits a thing can go rot. I mean ug. Nothing fits in all the spots! So after trying everything on (5 bathing suits) I am going to order on-line and try it on at home. I'm down to this style:

Please ignore this chic's weird Barbie arm placement. The point is I like the halter which is my best feature. But it's not like super low. And I like the skirt. Because as I've lost weight over the years I have skinny legs that I like. But my thighs jiggle like cherry jello. I think this is modest enough. I ain't trying to date a guy. I'm trying to swim!

Also. I wanted to get one of those terry towels that wrap around you with velcro closure. But they are all over $25. No thank you. So I bought an extra wide black quick dry towel for $4.97 and a bundle of black sew Velcro and closure strips for .84 cents. So yeah. Frugal sewing here I come!

All I need now is toiletry containers from the 99 cents store and a new 99 cent recycle bag. I'm going to use that as my tote. I also picked my lock up and I need some flip flops. Hopefully in another week I'll be swimming!

(IF I don't completely fall apart after trying on another bathing suit)
        I HATE swimsuit shopping. I am a big chested girl and even when I was on the heftier side I could not find a suit that fit in all the right spots. I lost over 40#'s over the last few years and my chest has gone down a size but I still cannot find tops. If I do find a top then the rest doesn't fit... Very very frustrating unless of course I want to spend over $60 on a victoria secret or everything but water fitted top. They make them bra sizes. I should try ordering online but I'm always worried they wont fit.
        "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

I am reading the news on Google...and this little video pops up in my Head.....

Really,am I off here,or is it weird season..?
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I'm nervous. I could swear those aren't butterflies in my stomach, they're elephants! Is is gonna be this bad every time I'm waiting for answers to an application?
            What babe?
            The babe with the power
            What power?
            The Power of voodoo
            Who do?
            You do!
            Do what?
            Remind me of the babe!

Comment

No doubt...life seems to run on the fuel of feeling scared and at the same time elation...

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Then my life has a whole lpt of fuel! Hurray
                What babe?
                The babe with the power
                What power?
                The Power of voodoo
                Who do?
                You do!
                Do what?
                Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Leonard Nimoy. Reportedly hospitalized with severe chest pain. The character of Mr. Spock was my first crush, when I was 10 and the original Star Trek was airing.
                  sigpic
                  Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

password cracking
                    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

That our company is raking in millions over budget and every other department is being given extra hours to cope with the strain of large customer numbers - but I'm expected to work with nearly twice the workload on the same hours I've been on 2 years.

Comment

Its almost 2 in the morning I have peach cobbler in the oven because I have been craving it. Again with the sweet tooth I don't get it. Oh well its cold outside and its going to be delicious. Also the baby fever is kicking in again. Someone please tell me why it comes and goes????

- - - Updated - - -

cobbler.jpg

Haha its done!!!!!!!!! Feast your eyes
                        "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

Comment

I hate being ill. My nose is so red and dry from all the tissues that I'm beginning to think it might fall off.

Comment

I am thinking sitting here at 2:12 in the morning/late night that being old sometimes is a pain...fell asleep about 8:30,and just woke up a little bit ago.

Senior silver lifestyle my ass..

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I'm thinking that it's 6 o clock am and I've been up since 3 and I want some oatmeal, but boyfriend is sleeping on the couch, so I can't turn the light on to make food, and I have to be up to drive him to work in an hour.... Then I come home and chill for another hour before my psych appt, then I think I'm gonna fall asleep, and forget to eat, then be sick again tomorrow because of not eating today.... Good thing I know it's comming :/
                              http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                              ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Was looking at my settings and so forth and came across my reputation... Chain gave me my first reputation points. : )

Comment

Working...
                                X