This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

One week until the pride festival. I've been getting so little sleep planning that I now see in Technicolor rainbows. Everything is rainbows. I can affix the word 'gay' onto most words.

Mostly art.

Comment

I went to my friends 50th anniversary party today. How am I old enough to have friends who've been married that long? Hmmmm..... LOL
      sigpic
      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I myself do not think any of my "Old" friends are still kicking,except Daisies(kicking or pushing up)
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
          My father's 77th birthday picnic is tomorrow, and since my mom just got home from having her knee replaced, I'm doing ALL of the cooking. Here's my menu:

Four Kinds of Boneless Ribs: Honey mustard, sweet bbq, Asian sesame, and a mix of all of the above with sriracha added
          Collard Greens: With bacon and mushrooms
          Veggie Slaw: Cabbage, zucchini, sugar snap peas, carrots, and green olives
          Dirty Rice and Beans
          Corn Bread
          Grilled Corn on the Cob: Seasoned with adobo

You've got this!!!! Also cilantro lime butter would go really good on that grilled corn. I love grilled corn also I will take some dirty rice and beans if you have any to spare!!
          "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

To the people still playing obnoxiously loud music at the campsite by the potty at 0218...just wait until my children are awake in two hours. Under normal conditions, I'd make sure they were quiet during quiet hours--but since you can't bother, neither can I.

Governors off there boys. I'd pity you if I didn't want to tell you all to eff off.

Also...my skin still feels like a cross between being scalded with hot wax and death of a thousand cuts. Apparently, I'm now allergic to something in the natural bug spray that I like. At least the redness and lumpiness (like a cross between hives and swelling) is gone.
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
              My father's 77th birthday picnic is tomorrow, and since my mom just got home from having her knee replaced, I'm doing ALL of the cooking. Here's my menu:

Four Kinds of Boneless Ribs: Honey mustard, sweet bbq, Asian sesame, and a mix of all of the above with sriracha added
              Collard Greens: With bacon and mushrooms
              Veggie Slaw: Cabbage, zucchini, sugar snap peas, carrots, and green olives
              Dirty Rice and Beans
              Corn Bread
              Grilled Corn on the Cob: Seasoned with adobo
              You'll do this, Munin! Have no doubt!
              "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Don't worry, Munin, believe in yourself and you'll succeed!

Comment

Thanks guys! I was able to get all my prep work done yesterday, so it's just a matter of packing it into the car and driving to my parents' house. There, I'll make the rice and beans, warm up the collards (which I had never made or even had before and wow, they taste good!), and fire up the grill. Last night they decided to tell me that my uncle would be there as well, which bumped the number of people up to 9, but that's okay. I think over a pound of each side and 9 pounds of meat should do the trick!

I'll post some pictures later for you too

Comment

Also thinking about those kittens and the mamma that were living in my backyard. I haven't seen them for two weeks now, but I asked my brother about it and he said that it is pretty standard. Once the kits were old enough to start wandering about on their own, it's not uncommon for both kits and mother to leave the nesting area to go off on their own adventures. The last night I had seen them, they were exploring my yard more than I had seen them do before, even so much as coming close to the house, so I guess it was their time to go out into the world. I'm glad that it means that something bad didn't happen to them, but sad that I can't go outside and watch them scampering about or to draw them close and get some little pets in. It makes me happy that for a little bit I was able to get them some food and water so they could be strong enough to take that next step.

Comment

My DNA results are starting to come in. I don't have the whole picture yet, but there's enough to confirm my main suspicions.

The majority of what my parents told me was accurate, but it was entirely partial and their proportions were off. Instead of being half French/German, it's actually 7%. And there is a significant percentage that places my ancestry squarely in Eastern Europe (which has basically been denied by both sides of the family). So the vast majority is between Scandinavia and Eastern Europe.

It's enough to know my intuition actually has some merit.

Comment

As promised earlier ...

Top to bottom, left to right.

Filet mignon, grilled corn on the cob
                        Chinese bbq ribs, honey mustard ribs, dirty rice and beans, veggie slaw
                        Sweet bbq ribs, sriracha ribs, collard greens, zucchini spears

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                          I hear ya! Babies start looking cute to me around 6 months. I never really understood the attraction to newborns most women have.
                          They smell nice and are tiny... Like really tiny... I like tiny things, I had giggles over my newborns clothes... But newborns are silly and scrunchy and red.
                          http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                          ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
                            They smell nice and are tiny... Like really tiny... I like tiny things, I had giggles over my newborns clothes... But newborns are silly and scrunchy and red.
                            but how do they taste?
                            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                              but how do they taste?
                              If you lick em they taste like whatever they have drooled upon themselves, breast milk in the case of my own.
                              http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                              ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
                                My DNA results are starting to come in. I don't have the whole picture yet, but there's enough to confirm my main suspicions.

The majority of what my parents told me was accurate, but it was entirely partial and their proportions were off. Instead of being half French/German, it's actually 7%. And there is a significant percentage that places my ancestry squarely in Eastern Europe (which has basically been denied by both sides of the family). So the vast majority is between Scandinavia and Eastern Europe.

It's enough to know my intuition actually has some merit.
                                How do you get DNA testing done?

Mostly art.

Comment

Working...
                                X