This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

Thanks Iris and DannyMarie. The problem isn't just my lack of experience (it's a lab job, which is something I'd wanted to do after graduating but I got too comfortable in what had meant to be a job to tide me over while I looked for a lob position. It's been too many years now) but it's also for the NHS and they notoriously give jobs to insiders or their friends and family. They only advertise because it's a legal requirement, but chances are they've already offered the job to someone they know.

Still, it's night work and surprisingly, less money than I currently get (say what I will about the unpleasant changes my company are making, I can't deny that historically they've been a fair employer). So maybe my track record of being a healthy and reliable shift worker will sway things in my favour.
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
      Thanks Iris and DannyMarie. The problem isn't just my lack of experience (it's a lab job, which is something I'd wanted to do after graduating but I got too comfortable in what had meant to be a job to tide me over while I looked for a lob position. It's been too many years now) but it's also for the NHS and they notoriously give jobs to insiders or their friends and family. They only advertise because it's a legal requirement, but chances are they've already offered the job to someone they know.

Still, it's night work and surprisingly, less money than I currently get (say what I will about the unpleasant changes my company are making, I can't deny that historically they've been a fair employer). So maybe my track record of being a healthy and reliable shift worker will sway things in my favour.
      But you still have nothing to lose by applying right? They may even remember you for next time they have something. It can't do anything but increase your chances.
      You remind me of the babe
      What babe?
      The babe with the power
      What power?
      The Power of voodoo
      Who do?
      You do!
      Do what?
      Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

I have a crook in my neck and have for the past two days and it seems like after I fall asleep and wake up all progress has been diminished. I also had an interesting sleep paralysis experience. Always fun to "feel" someone trying to suck the soul out of you. Oddly cold.
        "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

I finished my audiobook and I have no idea what to listen to next. Either a 1917 mining fire or zombies in Ohio.
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

How much I want to take my head off my body. I'm in a lot of frigging pain. If I could, I would.
            Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I need someone to snapchat.
              "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

I miss Anu :=(:
                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Hard to think with a pounding headache.
                  �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                  ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                  Sneak Attack
                  Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                    I miss Anu :=(:
                    He's pretty active over in the blog section! You should go show him some love! ^^
                    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Close on our first home in less then 12 hours.
                      "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

I can't wait for my seeds to get here.

Comment

Been incomunicado for four days. Catching up on my reading here, and viewing the news...
                          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by EndlessCravings View Post
                            I can't wait for my seeds to get here.
                            What are you planting?

Comment

Just got back from placing my vote in the EU referendum. Guess all there is to do now is sit back and wait. I must confess though, I was a bit horrified that we were given pencils. Well, I guess votes are harder to rig when you can't rub out the cross so it's perfectly understandable really.

Ooh conspiracies...

Also.. this is the first mention on PF of the UK referendum. Are residents of the UK really such a rare species on PF? Or do we just not like to talk politics?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                                Just got back from placing my vote in the EU referendum. Guess all there is to do now is sit back and wait. I must confess though, I was a bit horrified that we were given pencils. Well, I guess votes are harder to rig when you can't rub out the cross so it's perfectly understandable really.

Ooh conspiracies...

Also.. this is the first mention on PF of the UK referendum. Are residents of the UK really such a rare species on PF? Or do we just not like to talk politics?
                                We get some type of marker here, and then feed the ballot into a big, square machine in the middle of the room. It looks suspiciously like a shredder LOL In New Jersey, it was all computerized. It will be interesting to see how that UK deal turns out!
                                sigpic
                                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Working...
                                X