This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

I'm thinking that it sucks to live on the other side of the world... because all the exciting stuff happens while I'm asleep!

You ALL just need to move to Australia. Then I wont miss out.

Comment

Or you guys could get out of that danger zone and come live with us....

I'm happy. My daughter let me sleep in this morning. I actually feel kinda human.
      We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
      It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
      Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
      -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

I'm thinking about the Boscastle [sp?] flood of 2004.

I'm thinking about finding an alternative way to get out back, onto the mile+ of trails, because walking it is impossible for me and the riding mower can't make it through all the damp soil and/or standing water.

I'm thinking about the Cedar Rapids flood of 2008.

I'm thinking the splashing of vehicles using our driveway has washed a great deal of gravel ("class 5") out of the driveway and made Lake Johnson even deeper than normal.

Obviously, I'm thinking about water. And LOTS of it, where it shouldn't be.

I should have been born an amphibian

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
          I'm thinking that it sucks to live on the other side of the world... because all the exciting stuff happens while I'm asleep!

You ALL just need to move to Australia. Then I wont miss out.
          On the bright side, you don't get cliff hangers normally or have to wait around for people to respond. Long as nothing's been edited/kersploded/moved to another venue/etc you can read through it all pretty quickly.
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I am thinking about where would I move if I had the chance. Scandinavia? USA? Damn... Both of the variations are so good!
            "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
              I'm thinking about the Boscastle [sp?] flood of 2004.

I'm thinking about finding an alternative way to get out back, onto the mile+ of trails, because walking it is impossible for me and the riding mower can't make it through all the damp soil and/or standing water.

I'm thinking about the Cedar Rapids flood of 2008.

I'm thinking the splashing of vehicles using our driveway has washed a great deal of gravel ("class 5") out of the driveway and made Lake Johnson even deeper than normal.

Obviously, I'm thinking about water. And LOTS of it, where it shouldn't be.

I should have been born an amphibian
              I was doing my college orientation during the 08 flood. They were sandbagging the IMU as I registered for classes. It was odd and a little scary. I was in the last orientation in that building that year.. the only one actually. And we flew out to Florida the day my orientation was done for my sisters wedding and all hell broke loose. Flooding is a terrible, terrible thing.
              We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
              It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
              Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
              -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
                I am thinking about where would I move if I had the chance. Scandinavia? USA? Damn... Both of the variations are so good!
                Gotta say I'm a little disappointed Canada didn't make the cut.
                White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
                sigpic
                In Days of yore,
                From Britain's shore
                Wolfe the dauntless hero came
                And planted firm Britannia's flag
                On Canada's fair domain.
                Here may it wave,
                Our boast, our pride
                And joined in love together,
                The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
                The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc_Holliday View Post
                  Gotta say I'm a little disappointed Canada didn't make the cut.
                  Of course there is Canada. I include it in USA, though it's separate from the geographical point of view.
                  "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
                    Of course there is Canada. It's included in USA, though it's separate from the geographical point of view.
                    I'm almost sure this isn't what you meant and I'm sorry if its not, but it sounds like you think Canada is either part of the USA, or just like the USA. Both aren't true. I like the USA, but culturally, politically, climate wise etc. we are very different. But again, I'm pretty sure I'm misunderstanding what you said.

Also, Canada day soon! Should be a good day.
                    sigpic
                    In Days of yore,
                    From Britain's shore
                    On Canada's fair domain.
                    Here may it wave,
                    Our boast, our pride
                    The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Rest assured, Doc. Canada is on my short list of go-to places, if I were to move out of the country.

As are the Bahama Islands. Go figure.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Due to this thread, I am now thinking that I need to remember to touch base with a good friend of mine who happens to be Canadian. Hadn't spoken with her in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhaethe View Post
                          Due to this thread, I am now thinking that I need to remember to touch base with a good friend of mine who happens to be Canadian. Hadn't spoken with her in a while.
                          That is so cool!

I find this thread has reminded me to look into, or do, certain things fairly regularly. I hope it's not wishful thinking but I tend to believe it's a part of what makes it feel like everyone here is family. The lovely, gentle reminders that pop up, now and again. It's almost like, "Ooh! How did you know?"

Comment

Rest assured, Doc. Canada is on my short list of go-to places, if I were to move out of the country.

As are the Bahama Islands. Go figure.
                            Glad to hear it, also thats a funny climate contrast in you're go-to places list.
                            sigpic
                            In Days of yore,
                            From Britain's shore
                            On Canada's fair domain.
                            Here may it wave,
                            Our boast, our pride
                            The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

I was rather inactive on this forum for a long time, and so much has happened since then, I have been trying to process all of this in my mind and my brain is working overtime

My dad died
                              I traveled to Vietnam
                              I graduated from college
                              I am looking for a job

I think I just need some time to process all this in my brain. so much happened all within the same one month time frame, and now that I have some down time my brain is like "what?"

I'll stop rambling now....

Comment

That is so cool!

I find this thread has reminded me to look into, or do, certain things fairly regularly. I hope it's not wishful thinking but I tend to believe it's a part of what makes it feel like everyone here is family. The lovely, gentle reminders that pop up, now and again. It's almost like, "Ooh! How did you know?"

Yes, I love reading the little synchronicities that happen on a forum, even if I am not involved

Comment

Working...
                                X