This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiccans and Satanists?

Hi, I'm new here. I came here because I wanted to talk to others like me but I have a question, or questions about a spirit or spirits trying to communicate with me and/or haunt me (with respect)
    I've been an eclectic wiccan for not too long, I have a book of shadows and I've self initiated myself, my god and goddess is Manannan and Aine. I'm a solitary wiccan, the people around me are Christians. I don't judge them.. I used to be a Christian, i am fond of Christianity but i am an eclectic wiccan, i do not have Christian beliefs. I have been dealing with a spirit or spirits trying to contact me and haunt me, and i think my worries and doubt (which i am dealing with now/getting over them) have been keeping them here cause they haven't really gone away. I've done rituals and used amulets and herbs, they work but the spirits still come back. Do you think that they have a reason and i should contact them? I usually stay away from communicating with spirits because I'm not a professional and i don't want to cause problems for them or me or others around me. They are persistant though, and when they try to contact me they have told me who they are, but i don't know if that is true (respect). they say they are demons (or spirits?), and that they believe in Satanism. I have been interesested in Satanism, but i don't believe in it respectively. I think part of the reason they have been bothering me is because i haven't been fully trusting in the god and goddess lately, I've been doubting.j=
    And not going through with rituals and i haven't performed a professional ritual to make the spirits go away. This is because i can't use incense or fire in the house, and those who are Christians around me won't allow it because it's not what they believe. Should i try contacting the demons or spirits or should i continue with what i can do to keep them away. I am wondering if my curiosity in Satanism is because of the spirits or if it is something that i should look into as apart of my beliefs because I've read that demons contact spiritual or theistic Satanists in their beliefs. This i read on the joy of satan. Thank you for reading and blessed be!

- - - Updated - - -

When I said I do rituals, I mean I perform daily morning rituals as a wiccan and I include the rituals to make the spirits go away. Sometimes I do that more than once a day.

Re: Wiccans and Satanists?

If a spirit told me it was a demon then I'd be inclined to believe it :-)
    If it keeps bothering you then it / they have a legal right to do so. You have most likely invited them, knowingly or not, at some point in the past. Alternatively, they are familial and are attached to you through your blood line. They might also be associated with a generational curse.

It seems to me that you've engaged them and are in communication with them. You might as well find out why they're there, if they will tell you...

Someone else is better equipped at giving advice on this matter, but performing a ritual will act like a talisman IMHO. It may offer you temporary protection, but it doesn't address the root cause and so can't provide a permanent solution.

Would that be an accurate assessment anyone?

Comment

Some spirits - like some people - are mischievous little sods. And the word demon isn't always connected with devils and such things. In the ancient world a daimon was a minor or intermediate deity; while a daemon could be a good or evil spirit of a dead person. Higher gods were sometimes referred to as daimones, while Socrates’ daimonion was his own personal deity. The terms daimonas and daimonizomai however were both generally used to indicate that someone was being possessed. Both Homer and Plato referred to demons while Plutarch wrote "certain tyrannical demons require for their enjoyment some soul still incarnate, being unable to satisfy their passions in any other way."

So let's settle for the word entity instead because it doesn't have the same connotations. If you are going to communicate with these then you do need to be firm, it's very important. But also don't feel you must banish them - I'm not a fan of this unless it's really necessary and so far you haven't suggested they've caused you harm. I would stop the rituals for getting rid of them for the time being - they don't seem to be working and if so then you don't want to make yourself appeal weaker.

Maybe sit down and explain that they are welcome to stay (they could well be attached to the place or site) but they are not to frighten you and you will not stand for it if they do. And do sound as though you mean business.
      Good luck!
      www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Thanks for replying! I did naively used a Ouija board not that long ago un-professionally, and had a bad response... I felt a spirit wanted to harm
        I just stopped it and never messed with it again.

Thank you for the last post too,

Comment

Originally posted by becka View Post
          Thanks for replying! I did naively used a Ouija board not that long ago un-professionally, and had a bad response... I felt a spirit wanted to harm
          I just stopped it and never messed with it again.

Thank you for the last post too,
          Ever since the bloody Exorcist film came out, people have been blaming Ouija boards for all sorts of things. I think your real problem is your own anxiety and guilt, perhaps because you are surrounded by people who don't share your beliefs, and this is adding to your nervousness.

Being a Pagan, Witch or Wiccan is a totally different approach and mindset. Just try and relax a bit on your path and I'm sure you'll enjoy it a lot more.
          www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Sorry, i didn't mean to say oujia boards are bad, I'm actually interested in them, I've just heard a lot of things about it, both positive and negative and read that you have to do it a certain way. I think it was just me doing it the wrong way when i had my experience. I need to learn more about them. Thanks ! I think it it my fault that things are the way they are, but I'm trying to change those things about me now....

Comment

Hi, Becka. I will try to give my insight from a Theistic Satanists' perspective (not that I'm convinced any of this has anything to do with Theistic Satanism)...

I have been dealing with a spirit or spirits trying to contact me and haunt me, and i think my worries and doubt (which i am dealing with now/getting over them) have been keeping them here cause they haven't really gone away.
              I'm just curious about the phrase you keep coming back to - "worry and doubt". What exactly are these "worries and doubts" that you are speaking of and why do you think that the spirits care about them?

I've done rituals and used amulets and herbs, they work but the spirits still come back. Do you think that they have a reason and i should contact them?
              Honestly, I feel that you may have made a mistake here - you've basically told us that you've tried rituals (even if they're only basic) to get rid of these spirits which didn't work - and now you're thinking about contacting them? I worry that you may be in a tricky situation if they have already taken offense to your attempts to banish them before contacting them.

You've given us absolutely no back story whatsoever about these spirits.

1. How long have they been harassing you?
              2. How do you know that they're spirits and not just some manifestation of your own inner processes?
              3. What do they "do"?
              4. How are they "speaking" to you? Mentally? Through divination?

I usually stay away from communicating with spirits because I'm not a professional and i don't want to cause problems for them or me or others around me.
              You stay away from contacting spirits because you're not a "professional", yet you attempted to banish them (a much more dangerous process IMHO)? I'm not trying to be confrontational here, but I'm trying to make you take note of some of the things you should be aware of.

They are persistant though, and when they try to contact me they have told me who they are, but i don't know if that is true (respect). they say they are demons (or spirits?), and that they believe in Satanism. I have been interesested in Satanism, but i don't believe in it respectively.
              I have my doubts about Satanism having anything to do with this.

Remember - a spirit can tell you anything at all - it doesn't mean that it's true. So I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that a) these are "demons" or b) this has anything to do with Satanism. I find it strange that actual Demons, as I know Them, would make such statements - especially that They "believe in Satanism".

I think part of the reason they have been bothering me is because i haven't been fully trusting in the god and goddess lately, I've been doubting.
              Forgive me, but this statement sounds very much like a Christian concept.

"The Devil" or "demons" are harassing you to test your faith in the God and Goddess. In my experience, I have never seen or heard of this happening to Wiccans when they being to "doubt".

This also further leads me to believe that this may be some kind of subconscious manifestation that has more to do with your Christian surroundings and doubts in what you're doing with Wicca than actual spirits.

And not going through with rituals and i haven't performed a professional ritual to make the spirits go away.
              I'm confused. Have you or haven't you done rituals to "get rid" of these spirits? Because in the aforementioned quote, you don't "go through with them", yet you later say:

When I said I do rituals, I mean I perform daily morning rituals as a wiccan and I include the rituals to make the spirits go away. Sometimes I do that more than once a day.
              Just need a bit of clarification here as to what it is that you're actually doing in your attempts to get rid of these spirits.

Originally posted by beck View Post
              This is because i can't use incense or fire in the house, and those who are Christians around me won't allow it because it's not what they believe.
              Not necessary. You can do everything that you need to do without fire or incense.

Should i try contacting the demons or spirits or should i continue with what i can do to keep them away.
              Honestly, I would look inside yourself and examine what issues you have going on that may be causing some of this. I think that you may have unresolved issues with either Christianity or your current beliefs that need addressing.

I would tread with caution if you're going to continue attempting to get rid of these "spirits" - because you can't communicate with them AND try to banish them and expect them to cooperate. Choose for yourself, but do some introspection first.

I am wondering if my curiosity in Satanism is because of the spirits or if it is something that i should look into as apart of my beliefs because I've read that demons contact spiritual or theistic Satanists in their beliefs. This i read on the joy of satan.
              Did you only just find yourself interested in Satanism after encountering these spirits or before?

True Demons, in my practice, do not behave in the manner that you're describing. Additionally, the Joy of Satan is a laugh - even though they do have some (if you can weed through the rubbish) decent information on their site.

Originally posted by DON View Post
              If a spirit told me it was a demon then I'd be inclined to believe it :-)
              Big mistake IMHO. From my experience, a true Demon doesn't just up and say "hey, I'm a Demon - watch out". Discernment is quite important - any spirit that presents itself as a "demon" to me is one that I take with a grain of salt until otherwise confirmed.

You have most likely invited them, knowingly or not, at some point in the past.
              This I agree with. Whether or not it's actually a spirit remains to be seen, but whatever it is - it has a reason for being there (and remaining).

Alternatively, they are familial and are attached to you through your blood line. They might also be associated with a generational curse.
              These things do exist, but (no offense) this is a bit of a jump to conclusion considering the shocking lack of back story and detail provided.

...performing a ritual will act like a talisman IMHO. It may offer you temporary protection, but it doesn't address the root cause and so can't provide a permanent solution.
              What you mean here is an amulet - agreed that it has the potential to provide protection from external entities - but if it's an internal process (which I suspect) then no amulet can repel it.

Beautifully said!

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
              I'm not a fan of this unless it's really necessary and so far you haven't suggested they've caused you harm. I would stop the rituals for getting rid of them for the time being - they don't seem to be working and if so then you don't want to make yourself appeal weaker.
              Ditto.

Comment

I rly doubt it's external. I think u should try to know what these are and what they want instead of banishing attempts; why be an enemy to them? U d visit a shrink about anxiety issues (i do), meditate and decide if christianity in your surroundings effects u. I was raised christian too and I think it's normal to doubt your beliefs.

Comment

Personally, I feel like you need to sit back, and for just a while, mentally distance yourself from the situation. The series of unpleasantness you have experienced May be internal, and if so you are going to need some time to process what's going on inside of yourself that is causing you mental anguish. It is possibly you have an external spirit or demon, or some such thing bothering you, but it honestly sounds like (and you have mentioned it repeatedly) your worries and doubts have manifested for you, along with personal questions and insecurities... Until you can dispel those feelings inside of you, I think you are going to continue to have these issues and be "bothered" by what appear to be these spirits. Some meditation and personal reflection is well warranted, keep yourself open to your own fears and questions, and address them each in turn. Give yourself the option of taking a break from anything you find you need some distance from while you answer and address your personal issues and feelings. Self examination is incredibly important at a juncture like this, you need to be aware of yourself first and foremost, and being overwhelmed by doubts and fears will keep any sort of spell or ritual work from being entirely successful, you have to believe in yourself and your own judgement before belief in anything else is really going to take hold.
                  http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                  ~Jim Butcher

Comment

well im both a theistic satanist and a wiccan and have one demon ive talked to since i was five and completely self taught in both witch craft as well as aspects of satanism. and if the spirit doesn't want to leave try comunicating with it i started comunicating with demons and spirits at a really early age . they usually have something to share and are harmless when treated with respect
                    Knowledge is the key to eternity. Not bowing before a deity not grovling at the feet of a messiah. Knowledge is power beyond mesure - satanic witch

Comment

Working...
                    X