This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

requestin info on satanism

what should I read and netsearch to learn about satanism? I don't know why it's interesting and somewhat attractive. I was a Xtian till 16 years old and then I became a wiccan; I just want to learn what satanism is and branches if it has any.

Re: requestin info on satanism

It depends on what it is, exactly, about Satanism that you find attractive as to what to research.

However, to note - be aware that there are two "mainstream" divisions of Satanism: Atheistic Satanism (the most notable being Anton LaVey's Satanism) and Theistic Satanism.

Atheistic Satanism does not actually regards Satan as a real and literal being, but as an inspirational and symbolic representation of the values and philosophies popularly devised and described by Anton LaVey:

Church of Satan

Generic About.com Write-Up on LaVeyan Satanism

Theistic Satanism is not a singular religion, but it a descriptive term for any manner of Satanism which recognises Satan as a real and literal being.

There are a number of sites pertaining to Theistic Satanism (my own included):

Diane Vera's Theistic Satanism website

Venus Satanas' Spiritual Satanist website

Infernal Dialogues

Comment

thank u for the reply Torey. I think I'm closer to Lavey's; I don't know. search both and see if I like anything I guess eh? it feels odd searching a new thing after 15 whole years but I suppose better late than never.

Comment

I started a thread years ago. It's locked, but it answers a lot of practical questions.

Hmm..so this is the third thread I had going on Satanism. I am a LaVeyan Satanist going on 23 years now. As a Modern Satanist, I am an Atheist and not a theistic Satanist. Though I can still try to answer those questions for you. *links to come later
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Working...
        X