X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Artist Rant

Originally posted by Hekla View Post
    That's kind of true in music as well, but it's also really easy to tell who's faking if you have any knowledge of the recording industry.

"Oh hello Autotune..."

"Oh, they used the Strike plugin instead of an actual drummer."

"This Trigger preset sounds bad."
    God yes.

And don't even get me started on songwriting.

Comment

This is more gloating than a rant:

So five years ago, I ambitiously started a doom metal solo project. Couldn't record it until last November, when I finally got Pro Tools (after going to school to learn how to record like a pro). There's one song that I just did vocal recording for today that one of the verses I just could not think of how to do vocally. Then I had an a-ha moment and it came out better than I imagined it would!

/fistpump

Comment

I HATE RAIN DURING AN OUTDOOR FARMER'S MARKET!!!!!!!

That is my rant.
        But I love the local head shop, cuz they were the first to buy my walkin' sticks =D

Comment

I'm currently writing a collection of short stories to publish on kindle.

AND I SUCK AND WHO WANTS TO READ THIS EVERYTHING IS TRITE AND WHY DID I CHOOSE' DANCE' FOR TBE THEME?! A VISUAL ART FOR AA LITERARY PROJECT THAT WAS A STROKE OF EFFING GENIUS!

Yeah. That is my rat for the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorin View Post
            I found a tumblr post that fits this thread soooooo well and it made me giggle.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3028[/ATTACH]
            Lol, that's about right.

While I usually have a lot of rants about my art, why what line isn't ending up where it ought to be and so forth, lately it's just that I haven't had any time to DO ANYTHING. -.- But that's more of a life rant. ^^

Comment

Not sure if should keep mixing or go to bed for a nap...the mixing is fun, but the sleep sounds refreshing.

Also not sure where personal pronouns went.

Comment

Why does sculpting faces have to be such a royal pain and seem to go wrong at every turn >_<
                Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
                Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Yorin View Post
                  Why does sculpting faces have to be such a royal pain and seem to go wrong at every turn >_<
                  Ha, yes! Interesting how a face, to look at, seems like such a simple thing until you attempt to re-create it

Comment

I am not an artist, I am a crafter.

Wanna know why?

You know what stopped me from being an artist?

eyes

I can draw one awesome eye.

But only one.

Trying to draw its mate is a skill that has always eluded me.

The natural non-identical symmetry of a pair of eyes was my defeat as an artist.

Sure, I could only ever draw the profile or the back of someone/something...but that would get tedious.
                    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                    sigpic

Comment

I have two artist rants for today.

1. I hate and despise geometric figures and landscapes. I cannot freehand them - they irk the hell out of me and just generally put me in a sour mood.

2. I think that I'm pretty much done with drawing as a hobby. I find no pleasure in it at all anymore - and I don't know if that's due to being taken advantage of for years with "mates rates" commissions or just having moved on to a different medium (sculpting).

Comment

F<3CKING BACKGROUNDS.
                        Annnd that's all for today.

Comment

Editing other people's work sometimes makes me feel better about my own work, but it sometimes also makes me wonder if I put in wayyyy to much effort for the pay that I get...

Comment

Working...
                          X