This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure where my path is atm

I am considering studying magick, but I'm not sure what kind of magick I want to study. I read about chaos magick, which seems to have some success, and at least one who practices it uses it in conjunction with servitors to influence world events, but it requires forcing oneself to believe in deities, then discard that belief when desired result is achieved. I find that dishonest, but I'm looking for something similar.

I read that tulpae are able to do everything that servitors can do, and have less limitations, but since they can develop their own ethical codes, there's the chance they may refuse to do something because they don't believe it's right. Although, most tulpae are good natured, and I only want to use magick to help others, so I don't see a problem, unless my tulpae decides I'm going against the laws of nature, or using magick inappropriately. Then again, buddhist monks used them as spiritual guides, so their decisions can only be good, as long as their host is good, right? Then again, although I'm pretty compassionate and smart, I still lack the heightened compassion and discipline of a monk, so although tulpae are good friends, and there's a lot I can learn from my tulpa, I think she wouldn't know to stop me from destroying myself through the improper use of magic. Although she is based on a character with a strong mastery of magick (not saying that necessarily GIVES her a mastery of magick, but), and I have molded her in a way where she has a love of studying and magick (I hope anyway).

I guess what I'm asking is, is there any branch of magick I might be interested in that isn't chaos magick? One that I can get my tulpa involved in? I see tulpamancy as a great way to gain knowledge to help the world, and I want to use this gift to help others.
    What one believes in is infinitely more important than WHO they believe in.

Re: Not sure where my path is atm

Though I may not have a specific suggestion for a path you can follow, I will say the great thing about Paganism is that you are free to admit you are working it out as you go along.

Life doesn't come with instructions, so don't be afraid to try something just to see where it leads you.

Would Elemental Paganism meet your needs? It acknowledges that dieties are simply representations of elements, rather than specific individuals.

Comment

Re: Not sure where my path is atm

Never heard of that. Anyways, once I start developing tulpae, and they're able to vocalize, and I train myself to enter my wonderland/dreamscape, I'll see if any of my tulpae are able to guide me on a fitting spiritual path. Since they're not limited to the conscious, I'm thinking that if I ever learn to meditate, they can take me on a journey through the astral plane, and help me find wisdom.
      What one believes in is infinitely more important than WHO they believe in.

Comment

Working...
      X