X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can emotion strengthen prayer?

Originally posted by Ektor View Post
    Look, if you believe MLP contains depictions of deity-like creatures, it's fine; no one can tell you your beliefs are not valid or even less valid than their own. But you sound really trollish when you say those stuff. I'm actually starting to think you're trying to troll this forum with that, I don't like it.
    Well, I got the idea from someone else. He made a topic on another forum, asking people to learn chaos magick to make a Celestia egregore and give her godhood. Although I thought about it, and it feels wrong to create a deity, even if it's an original one and not based on a cartoon character. There are plenty of deities out there anyway who I can turn to, and there are many deities who embody most, if not all of the traits that Celestia embodies. I just need to figure out which goddess is best for me. And the deities we have now are not idiots, they know how to use the powers they have to help humanity.

And there's also the little fact that even if I did create Celestia, there's no guarantee that she would even choose me to work with her in the first place.

Edit: Besides, it's not like I can't try to convince others to act like Celestia. Getting more people to be like her (especially people with a lot of power) would make a bigger difference than just sitting here, wishing that she was a goddess.
    What one believes in is infinitely more important than WHO they believe in.

Comment

Personally, Celestia isn't nearly as fun as Twilight Sparkle.

Too perfect...

Look, you can yank the leg off a table, paint it blue, call it Elvis, and worship it as the spiritual coming of The King for all I care. But...and maybe its because I'm reading all of your posts all at once...

You seem lost. Like an atomic ping pong ball in a labyrinth. You are bouncing all over the place... Pick something, anything. It really doesn't matter what you pick, just pick it. Stick with it for, oh, 3 months. Read all about it. Try it. Develop a practice in it, follow the directions. Over and over and over and over, for at least 3 months. If that is too long for you, go with 30 days. It really doesn't matter how much you believe in it or not, just do it.

You will grow, just by sticking with something that requires time and effort and commitment for an extended period of time. Because you are never going to be able to do anything in any of these spiritual systems that you are running thought like tissues during allergy season without developing some dicipline. And if you have any of that, you've sure fooled me, because I've seen absolutely no sign of it.
      A human being is part of the whole, called by us 'Universe,' limited in time and space. He experiences himself...as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a prison for us... Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the of whole nature in its beauty...
      --Albert Einstein

Comment

Sorry if it sounds like I'm trolling. I'm not. If I was, I would put Haruhism for my religion (Haruhi is an awesome character though ) I really did consider using chaos magick for that purpose, but now I have found Luciferism, so I'm set.
        What one believes in is infinitely more important than WHO they believe in.

Comment

Working...
        X