Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the most unbelievable thing you've ever read?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the most unbelievable thing you've ever read?

For me, it's when someone had an annoying house guest (or maybe a spirit) that was draining his family's resources dry, and making his mother cry. He ended up channeling the spirit of Bugs Bunny to get rid of him xD

(Not saying that I think chaos magick is nonsense (or maybe it is nonsense, it's chaotic after all xD), but channeling Bugs Bunny? It sounds like something out of a fanfiction, so it's pretty hard for me to believe)
    What one believes in is infinitely more important than WHO they believe in.

Re: What's the most unbelievable thing you've ever read?

Hey, Bugs runs on ToonForce and Rule of Funny. If you're seriously planning to channel a fictional character against your enemies, Bugs is top tier. Popeye would've been a more direct solution but if you can successfully apply fictional entities to a problem, NEVER, EVER discount toonforce especially when combined with Rule of Funny.

Not sure why I'm using SB VS logic on PF so I think I'll put the position of this post on my list of unbelievable things.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
      Hey, Bugs runs on ToonForce and Rule of Funny. If you're seriously planning to channel a fictional character against your enemies, Bugs is top tier. Popeye would've been a more direct solution but if you can successfully apply fictional entities to a problem, NEVER, EVER discount toonforce especially when combined with Rule of Funny.

Not sure why I'm using SB VS logic on PF so I think I'll put the position of this post on my list of unbelievable things.
      Hmm, now I'm wondering if maybe Mickey Mouse would've been just as effective. Although, I don't think his Rule of Funny can match that of Bugs. Although he did work on a steamboat, and he's also a king, and a sorcerer, and a keyblade master xD
      What one believes in is infinitely more important than WHO they believe in.

Comment

I am envisioning "Zippy the pinhead" or perhaps the "Checkered demon" It is possible you might need to be my age to remember these iconic social images. And perhaps the esteemed "Mister natural"

Mister natural

The checkered demon.

AND Zippy the pinhead.
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I assume you mean, the most unbelievable thing (that I'm expected to believe)...I've read a lot of Anne Rice and Terry Pratchett, and most of that stuff in unbelievable. Of course, it's supposed to be.

As far as what people have expected me to swallow? The Bible, closely followed by every religious/spiritual text that I've ever read. A close second would be the multiverse theory.

Comment

Someone channeling a pony.

Best not throw a rock from a glass house.
            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
              Someone channeling a pony.

Best not throw a rock from a glass house.
              Hey, I channel Secretariat this time of year......
              sigpic
              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                Hey, I channel Secretariat this time of year......
                Well I have been known to use the word Sea Biscuit as a password. I have no idea what made me do it. It's quite random.
                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                  Well I have been known to use the word Sea Biscuit as a password. I have no idea what made me do it. It's quite random.
                  On a horse racing game I used to play, my name was Bird Biscuit. Seabiscuit was taken, of course, and I have a bird, so I figured I'd remember it.

Maybe I should channel Seabiscuit this year LOL

In any event, the most unbelievable thing I've ever read was a letter some dopey guy wrote to me because he was too chicken to break up in person.
                  sigpic
                  Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Considering that the mind is capable of amazing things, I think very little is unbelievable in the sense that we percieve it as real. Our minds can apparently even control our metabolism on the basis of what we believe. Perception is a form of personal reality. The idea that one could percieve evil spirits or whatever, and then elimnate them with something fictional is perfectly legitimate. If it isn't harmful, does it matter whether or not it is plausible or real to us?
                    A human being is part of the whole, called by us 'Universe,' limited in time and space. He experiences himself...as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a prison for us... Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the of whole nature in its beauty...
                    --Albert Einstein

Comment

Hey Anunitu! Did ya forget the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers?

Click image for larger version

Name:	fffb.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	352309

Uhm...

My hobby is reading unbelievable things, so I could give a very long list (starting with "In the beginning..."). However, I just ran into this:

Fish Eats Dildo.
                      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

B. De.,I was a fabulous,furry freak brother....Dude with the hat...

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                          B. De.,I was a fabulous,furry freak brother....Dude with the hat...
                          That's why we can swap jokes back and forth. I was the guy with the hat, too.
                          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

My long lost FFFB,what happening DUDE?

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Working...
                            X