"Don't Touch My..." TSA issuez.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Don't Touch My..." TSA issuez.

VISIT:http://donttouchmyjunk.viralprints.com/forDON'T TOUCH MY JUNK!CLOTHING AND APPAREL I was approached by a man in slacks and a sport coat. He was accompa...

So, it goes farther than just a guy saying "Don't touch my junk".

So, domestic citizens have to put up with invasive security procedures because someone allegedly decided to fly to the US with a bomb in their underwear from abroad (wasn't it from Saudi Arabia)?

I want to applaud the man for taking this vid with his cellphone, and for saying repeatedly "This would be sexual assault if you weren't [working for] the government." Plain and simple. The meat of the matter is the audio, but uhm... it works. The whole thing is madness.
    "A true initiation never ends"-Robert Anton Wilson
    http://www.hermetic.com/crowley
    "Reality has become a commodity"-Stephen Colbert 1/29/07
    http://www.chaosmatrix.org/
    "Sometimes, when you can't breathe, there are people there to breathe for you" - Aesop Rock
    http://upholdingmaat.wordpress.com

Re: "Don't Touch My..." TSA issuez.

I think the solution is quite simple.

Unless you have to, don't fly. Use other forms of transportation. Unless you are going cross country, or overseas, flying is not essential...and unless more than one person is flying, its not cheaper either.

If every person that even indicated mild distaste for this new security measure, not only declined to fly, but made a concerted effort to a) inform the airline and b) inform their legislator of their decision to sort of vote with their dollars...well, we are in an economic slump, I'm pretty sure the airline lobby would have something to say about it...which would mean legislators would care about it...because if people are losing jobs and $$, they aren't going to be reelected.

But, tbh...beyond a bit of lip service here and there, I really don't think most people care actually care enough to act.
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

I'm interested in what happened today...apparently some Tea Party type folks decided to further bog down one of the worst days of the year to fly in protest of the new security measures by refusing to use the new scanners.

We are OPPOSED to full body airport scanners on privacy, security and health grounds. We will simply stop flying until real security is assured.

Honestly, I don't see why Republicans in particular are flipping out...this is the natural result of all the stuff that happened, like the Patriot Act, to protect us post 9/11. They brought it on their own darn heads :P

You couldn't pay me to fly these days.
      Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

As a sexual assault survivor, this sort of thing really terrifies me. Not to mention what it's like for trans* people! And there was that disabled passenger who had his urostomy bag broken, despite his warnings. So horrific

I am so glad i don't have to fly for work or anything.

Comment

[quote author=Deseret link=topic=934.msg17017#msg17017 date=1290645278]

Honestly, I don't see why Republicans in particular are flipping out...this is the natural result of all the stuff that happened, like the Patriot Act, to protect us post 9/11. They brought it on their own darn heads :P

You couldn't pay me to fly these days.
          [/quote]

Sorry Des but blaiming the Patriot Act on the Republicans alone flies about as well a lead balloon. Roughly 2/3 of the house Dems supported the bill and it passed the Senate 98-2. Blame both parties or none at all. Unlike various other bills I can name in under 30 seconds, that abomination was not forcibly shoved down the throat of the minority party.
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

[quote author=MaskedOne link=topic=934.msg17032#msg17032 date=1290647317]
            Sorry Des but blaiming the Patriot Act on the Republicans alone flies about as well a lead balloon.
            [/quote]

Actually...the Mythbusters got a lead balloon to fly...

...well, at least to float.

What I find amusing are the sheer number of people (like my inlaws) that complain about every little infringement of their "rights" (aka, their tax monies) when it comes to oh, lets say...health care or the Clean Water Act...but think something like the Patriot Act is fanfarkingtastic.

...and when I say amusing, I mean that in a sad sort of pathetically sarcastic way...
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

And you can blame both fiasco's on the public's insistence that they be babysat rather than being treated like adults. Of course, if they act like they need a babysitter, Uncle Sam will bleed the wells dry to make them feel more "secure".

Me? I blame ourselves.

Comment

I am looking forward to my flight...I haven't been felt-up for a while.

:P
                What you see depends on what you are looking for.

Comment

[quote author=Celest link=topic=934.msg17047#msg17047 date=1290650165]
                  I am looking forward to my flight...I haven't been felt-up for a while.

:P
                  [/quote]
                  LAWL! (but i'm of the same opinion)
                  �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                  ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                  Sneak Attack
                  Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I am definitely gonna choose the line that has the sexy security agent ... Should I wear a kilt too? ... And a codpiece? ...
                    I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

I can't help but wrinkle my nose at Mr. Tyner selling "Don't Touch My Junk" t-shirts and crap. I find it a tad distasteful that he would attempt to profit off of what should have been an act of patriotism. Aside from that, I think what he did was pretty cool. Maybe he didn't know this "groin check" would be a part of the deal. I didn't know that until I heard this story. Then again, I've never flown before, and I don't think I ever will.
                      Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                      -Erik Erikson

Comment

If I fly im wearing a very soaked tampon.
                        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

[quote author=Medusa link=topic=934.msg17074#msg17074 date=1290656956]
                          If I fly im wearing a very soaked tampon.
                          [/quote]

I wonder if any guys who are into scrotal inflation have ever been through a "groin check." (hyperlink NSFW)
                          Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                          -Erik Erikson

Comment

Occasionally here you get a hefty pat down...doesn't really bother me.

I'm more concerned with having to take one piece of carry on INCLUDING laptop and purse to the UK...do you know how hard that is? Especially when they continually shrink the size and weight of a "carry on."

I'd rather have some security chick feel me up than not get to take my nice shoes because I couldn't fit everything in my bag.

I know, my priorities are just wonderful lol.

As for not flying, not usually cheaper here. I don't think you can beat 40-50 Euro round trip to London! Even the bus costs more than that...

Comment

[quote author=MaskedOne link=topic=934.msg17032#msg17032 date=1290647317]
                              Sorry Des but blaiming the Patriot Act on the Republicans alone flies about as well a lead balloon. Roughly 2/3 of the house Dems supported the bill and it passed the Senate 98-2. Blame both parties or none at all. Unlike various other bills I can name in under 30 seconds, that abomination was not forcibly shoved down the throat of the minority party.
                              [/quote]

Heh...point, masked.

I amend my statement:

Our idiot, fear-mongering government, in response to our idiot, fear-addicted public, set this in motion, and now the normal people, who don't have a political party to even vote for these days, are suffering for it, too. :P

Better?
                              Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Working...
                              X