Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kid who recorded being bullied,fined..but it gets better.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kid who recorded being bullied,fined..but it gets better.

This kid recorded being bullied at his school,AND the school tries to fine him and charge him with wire tapping.

Read this story,and see that the school backed off.

MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Re: Kid who recorded being bullied,fined..but it gets better.

It's idiotic. I mean, if someone threats a person, the person might record the threats or call the police and put the phone on speaker....
    The bullies are going to beat him hell knows until when and he mustn't do anything? What kind of school is that?
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

i think its crazy how schools will tell you to tell teacher or a thousand other things other than resort to violence, and then when someone records the bullying they get in trouble . good thing he didnt get the charges pressed . personally if i were him id be receving assault charges cause that seems to be the only reliable way to deal with bullies .
      Knowledge is the key to eternity. Not bowing before a deity not grovling at the feet of a messiah. Knowledge is power beyond mesure - satanic witch

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
        It's idiotic. I mean, if someone threats a person, the person might record the threats or call the police and put the phone on speaker....
        The bullies are going to beat him hell knows until when and he mustn't do anything? What kind of school is that?
        It's going to depend on which state a person is in, because wire tapping laws vary from state to state. I don't know what the laws are in Pennsylvania (and I'm afraid to check Wikki), but in Michigan, as long as one person in the conversation knows it's being recorded, it is legal to record.

Of course, there is the difference between the spirit of a law, and the letter of the law - in this case, he may jhave violated the letter, but he didn't violate the spirit (IMHO).
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Sadly, bullying is practiced by adults, so they can be a bit blase about it. I have heard more than once that it is "part of growing up." I will never forget the parents who, when I brought their child's bad behavior to their attention, actually joined in the bullying of my then 5-year-old: "She's just a big baby." Way to raise your kid. We were visiting Pennsylvania at the time. hmmmm

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
            It's going to depend on which state a person is in, because wire tapping laws vary from state to state. I don't know what the laws are in Pennsylvania (and I'm afraid to check Wikki), but in Michigan, as long as one person in the conversation knows it's being recorded, it is legal to record.

Of course, there is the difference between the spirit of a law, and the letter of the law - in this case, he may jhave violated the letter, but he didn't violate the spirit (IMHO).
            The same here in Israel. I am not a police officer, but when bullying and recording are compared, I think that bullying has a greater weight of breaking the law, at least from the point of view of the spirit.
            "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Seems to me that children can only really do as they please, and so children who bully are really just displacing their own hurt feelings.
              I think it's up to responsible adults to identify the source of the bully's frustration, be it arising from direct abuse / neglect or just being forced to reside in an environment which is unsuitable for them. Anywhere where children are recognised as minors it's implicit that the buck shouldn't stop with them.

Comment

Originally posted by ben_fitch View Post
                Anywhere where children are recognised as minors it's implicit that the buck shouldn't stop with them.
                With whom should the buck stop?

Here is what a school can do:

1. Suspend the kid for up to three days (any longer requires a legal hearing)
                2. Mediation, or peer mediation (this works with the "nice" kids, only)
                3. Separate kids by putting them in separate classes (but they can not prevent the kids from mingling outside the classroom - it's a legal issue, and the school has NO AUTHORITY to do it, or ability to police it...)
                Last edited by B. de Corbin; 17 Apr 2014, 05:46.
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

3. Separate kids by putting them in separate classes (but they can not prevent the kids from mingling outside the classroom - it's a legal issue, and the school has NO AUTHORITY to do it, or ability to police it...)
                  why not let kids defend themselves if you get bullied punch the bully a few times in the face and go about your day . im fine with law and order but bullying isnt fixable by the school or the parents and is to difficult to fight using law enforcement since half the time they will arrest you as well , and currently there isnt a law in place that allows you to convict someone of bullying . i say somethings shouldnt be a legal issue and bullying is one of them let the kids fight there own battle .
                  Knowledge is the key to eternity. Not bowing before a deity not grovling at the feet of a messiah. Knowledge is power beyond mesure - satanic witch

Comment

"12 states forbid the recording of private conversations without the consent of all parties. They are California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania and Washington." according to wing field audio.
                    Something similar happened a bit ago here. There were a lot of reports of police brutality so people started recording the cops and they were arrested for it. New York is a one party consent state (so are most states) so as long as one party, the recorder for example, wants to record it's legal to do so without informing others involved.

Bullying is difficult for schools to do much about. I say this as having served on multiple staff committees as a student representative. At least here in NewYork there has been laws made which put a protocol on any accusation of harassment or bullying in school. This involves mandatory reporting (previously it was at the discretion of whoever dealt with it), as well as documentation. Once a certain number of infractions, or infractions of a more serious nature are documented then there's a hearing with the superintendent and possible legal action. It's still not a solution but it has decreased things somewhat.
                    Circe

Comment

Two years ago, a student from a higher class had bullied one of my classmates in an aggressive way. To be more specific, he beat the classmate's head on one of our school's fences. The classmate was lead to hospital, the one who bullied him was kicked out of school (he had some violent background within our school's borders). By the way, he was a student with special needs. I don't know if it's correct to call him an autist... Anyway, he is not learning in our school anymore.

Comment

I think a moderate and respectful degree of segregation would help to nurture a child's best qualities, be it sensibility or a proclivity to industrious activity. Enough exposure to encourage an appreciation of diversity but obviously not so much that situations like those described here frequently arise.

Comment

Originally posted by ben_fitch View Post
                          segregation
                          Define in general terms what you mean by this because the meaning I normally give the word pretty much kills the premise once I see the term.
                          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                            Define in general terms what you mean by this because the meaning I normally give the word pretty much kills the premise once I see the term.
                            Most education systems recognise academic ability as the greatest mark of distinction for a child, yet despite the best efforts of teachers and parents this type of success is something the majority of children cannot realistically aspire to. The negative repercussions of an exaggerated regard for grades is actually reinforced by the liberal sentiment that all children should have the opportunity to excel in this way, as this ensures that those without these particular skills have their failings held up to the light on a daily basis. Alternative provisions for less academic pupils would help legitimise their best efforts, and enhance their contribution to society.

There is already a massive difference in all western societies between the demand for and the supply of labour - a difference which is commonly resolved by outsourcing work or by recruiting migrants, simply because our education systems aren't configured to produce graduates with the requisite skills. While our economies at present should not be upheld as standards against which to orientate our efforts, sustainable steady-state economies will require more human industry because the reduction in energy consumption necessary for our survival will entail disruptions resulting in more localised, less mechanised initiatives.

Comment

What pamphlet did that come out of?

Comment

Working...
                              X