Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I hate ignorant people who attack other people's religions.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate ignorant people who attack other people's religions.

Found some tool on Youtube trying to attack Wicca. By... you guessed it! Using half truths and things taken out of context, while using plenty of logical fallacies. And he disabled comments, and has his account set to contact lock. Luckily though, I was able to leave a message on his discussion. For those interested, I'll provide a link to the video, as well as what I posted on his comments.

I have no problems with people expressing opposing views against religions. However, your video is full of logical fallacies and doesn't even allow comments, so wiccans are unable to defend themselves and explain the things covered in the video. I admit, the part about bending time and will got me scratching my head, but for one thing, Halloween is simply a holiday to honour the dead. It has nothing to do with talking to Satan. Wiccans do not even believe in Satan.

Another thing, Satanism has nothing to do with Satan. They do not even believe in him, although I think they borrowed symbolism to mock Christianity. Satanists believe in embracing human potential, over surrendering oneself to a god.

Here's some more enlightenment. Demons are not necessarily evil. Demon comes from the word "daemon", which is from Greek mythology which means a divinity or supernatural being of a nature between gods and humans.

In the end, Wicca has nothing to do with Satan, or "demons". It is a peaceful religion that promotes the bond between humanity and mother earth. And their belief on magick is that there is no good or evil magick. It depends on the intent of the user. And those who use magick for their own material gain or to harm others will most likely suffer from it. Because everyone is subject to the Threefold Law. Whatever energy someone puts into the world, be it positive or negative, they will get it returned three times as much. This actually promotes magick being used to help others, over using it to harm.

Also, you'll probably be interested to know that even Christianity has many pagan roots. The Hebrews originally also believed in a goddess. God's wife, or Mother Earth. Yahweh was considered a sky diety, while Mother Earth is an earth deity. Earth and sky met to create all of creation on earth. Religion must always have both a masculine and feminine aspect to balance it out. The early church tried to remove all traces of the goddess, because they wanted Christianity to be completely masculine, so they would have an excuse to have followers carry out wars, atrocities, etc, all in God's name. They put many pagans to the sword for not believing in God, or refusing to turn from their own deities, and also took virgin girls for their own pleasure, and plundered their lands, and demonized their traditions, most of their culture, and folklore. All to protect the divine rights of kings, and ensure the church would stay powerful, so they can collect money from the unsuspecting peasants. Also, they didn't manage to completely remove references to the goddess. Virgin Mary, Mary Magdalene, and others are mentioned multiple times, and they are references to the goddess.

I end my speech with the fact that the Bible was defiled by the greed of man. Pages that should've been kept in the Bible were removed, while pages that were irrelevant were added. It's a huge mess, which leaves many Christians confused. But despite all that, I do believe in Yahweh. I still think he's monotheistic, but he is not against gays (why would he be? they're his children, who were born with different sexual preferences), witchcraft (because Wicca strengthens people's bonds with the goddess), science, or strong females. What Yahweh is truly against, is deceit, murder, any form of injustice, and cowardice, which the church had in spades. I just thank Yahweh that the current pope is trying to fix the church, but until the core issue of the church ignoring it's pagan roots and the goddess is addressed, I'm afraid he's fighting a losing battle. If you want to talk more about this, or even just message me back to say I'm wrong, feel free to. I don't bite
    What one believes in is infinitely more important than WHO they believe in.

Re: I hate ignorant people who attack other people's religions.

wow i could only make it through half the video before i wanted to ripe him in half . i can understand study of religions, but this wonderful excuse for a human being is really annoying and quite stupid. i really should make a counter video about his religion. i hate people like this , oh and the current pope isnt gonna fix anything . i find my self stumbling onto videos like this on occasion the people who post and create these videos are really uninformed individuals who probably find there information on jesus -R-us websites or wikkipideia . well now that im done ranting on the mass stupidity in this video
    Knowledge is the key to eternity. Not bowing before a deity not grovling at the feet of a messiah. Knowledge is power beyond mesure - satanic witch

Comment

Though you find this video to be "Attacking" you must understand that any reply or expression of trying to counter these "Beliefs" by this person are futile as far as telling the person is wrong. Just by the tone of the video,this person is not open to anything but their own "agenda". Why I say it is pointless to argue with or try to counter their "Beliefs"
      Though you find their dialog distasteful remember they WANT you to object,in order to label you anti their views,and in so doing try to paint you as anti-christian even when you are no such thing.

A waste of time to even bother to reply.

That is my take on the matter.

- - - Updated - - -

I followed this video to the page on Youtube,and most of the videos are pretty much in the same vain,and some birther stuff,Obama is a muslim,he is the anti-christ,so pretty much the crazy right wing beliefs you would expect.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Someone is having way too much fun with fonts me thinks.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by jcaternolo View Post
          Another thing, Satanism has nothing to do with Satan. They do not even believe in him, although I think they borrowed symbolism to mock Christianity. Satanists believe in embracing human potential, over surrendering oneself to a god.
          I agree with most of everything that you've said, but you're actually incorrect. Only LaVey's Satanism is as you describe above. Theistic Satanism, on the other hand, does believe in and venerate Satan as a deity.

Comment

yeah the satanism bit is only partially correct theistic/spiritual satanist like myself actually believe in the deity Satan.
            Knowledge is the key to eternity. Not bowing before a deity not grovling at the feet of a messiah. Knowledge is power beyond mesure - satanic witch

Comment

In Astrology the name of Saturn is derived from 'Satan' the tester, and the planet is traditionally classed as a malefic because its function is to challenge. Christian attempts to vilify the influences associated with this planet represent a naive desire to assign undesirable elements of reality to an extraneous entity. But a poison in small quantities is a medicine and a medicine in large quantities is a poison - where Saturnine influences aren't present in turn to temper the unbridled optimism of Jupiter, the need for restriction becomes more urgent and more desperate. Take the mania for economic growth today. The perpetuation of it will doubtlessly cause more grief in the long run than its prudent curtailment. I know very little about Wicca but it seems to me there is a concern to abide by good over evil even though the rationale for the Christian demarcation is disputed.

Also, modern medicine is a very real form of necromancy and there are few Christians who would scruple to consult a doctor if found to have a serious health problem. Take herbalism on the other hand, a science more allied with pagan traditions but one which recognises the benefit of dispensing help in the form it is naturally available, in doses ordained by God so to speak.

Comment

Really, you'd think the name was a reference to the Roman god Saturn given that all the other planet names are direct references to Roman gods. Why is Saturn special enough to be tied to a figure from a completely different pantheon?
                life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Yeah, that makes absolutely no sense. Saturn was a deity very important to the Romans. Juno and Saturn were the patron deities of Rome.

Comment

saturn was a deity of rome . and satan is a deity worshiped by theistic satanist and as far as i know there isnt a set in stone god named satan . personally if any deity were to be given that title it would be the sumarian god enki. and i honestly think that makes no sense at all , saturn is a roman god and satan is satan . and were do you see the connection between modern medicine and necromancy. oh and the guy in the video is one of the christians who believe the bible holds every ansewer and history books or science is false.

Comment

Originally posted by satanic witch View Post
                      saturn was a deity of rome . and satan is a deity worshiped by theistic satanist and as far as i know there isnt a set in stone god named satan . personally if any deity were to be given that title it would be the sumarian god enki. and i honestly think that makes no sense at all , saturn is a roman god and satan is satan . and were do you see the connection between modern medicine and necromancy. oh and the guy in the video is one of the christians who believe the bible holds every ansewer and history books or science is false.
                      I see now Satan is derived from Saturn rather than vice-versa. Please excuse me... With regard to necromancy I just meant that preserving life by means of modern medicine equates to a subversion of the natural course of events which resembles, to some degree, necromantic manipulation of the dead. For what it's worth I think while so much vitality is invested in a system of which modern medicine is a product, this analogy is only really helpful as a way of reminding Christians how much time has passed since Jesus.

Comment

satan isnt derived from saturn , saturn has nothing to do with satan, satan is a hebrew word for advirsary or in sanskrit means eternity of truth which is why i mentioned enki because he fits that description while saturn as a deity could only be connected through the catholic church and there war with the pagans. the whole point is that saturn is a roman deity and satan is either to some a flesh and blood deity or a term used to identify a spesific pagan deity .

Comment

Originally posted by midgnostic View Post
                          In Astrology the name of Saturn is derived from 'Satan' the tester, and the planet is traditionally classed as a malefic because its function is to challenge. Christian attempts to vilify the influences associated with this planet represent a naive desire to assign undesirable elements of reality to an extraneous entity. But a poison in small quantities is a medicine and a medicine in large quantities is a poison - where Saturnine influences aren't present in turn to temper the unbridled optimism of Jupiter, the need for restriction becomes more urgent and more desperate. Take the mania for economic growth today. The perpetuation of it will doubtlessly cause more grief in the long run than its prudent curtailment. I know very little about Wicca but it seems to me there is a concern to abide by good over evil even though the rationale for the Christian demarcation is disputed.

Also, modern medicine is a very real form of necromancy and there are few Christians who would scruple to consult a doctor if found to have a serious health problem. Take herbalism on the other hand, a science more allied with pagan traditions but one which recognises the benefit of dispensing help in the form it is naturally available, in doses ordained by God so to speak.
                          No Saturn is just a name for the Roman God of time who happens to have a planet named after him.

Comment

WOO! HAIL SATURN...
                            Err, Satan! I mean Satan. Hail Satan, yeah, that.

I got confused for a moment there, it is true they are phonetically similar!

Long live the roman empire?

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Sean,did you take the blue pill instead of the green one? Just relax,it wont last more than 12 hours,and then you should be fine..well fine might be a little less than true,you should also NOT go to the light...
                              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Working...
                              X