Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone else believe that Lucifer is an angel of light?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone else believe that Lucifer is an angel of light?

That's what I believe. My religion is Gnostic Luciferian, and I believe most Luciferians worship Lucifer as a being of darkness. But I believe he is an angel of light, wisdom, love, etc. Also, Lucifer means Morning Star, and Venus means morning star as well, so I believe he has ties with Venus. I guess that this branch of Luciferians can refer to each other as light workers. Because we try to bring light and hope to the world, while illuminating everyone with wisdom and truth, so we can help everyone reach their full potential as divines.
    What one believes in is infinitely more important than WHO they believe in.

Re: Does anyone else believe that Lucifer is an angel of light?

I'm a pantheist in base, so all "deities" in the end are part of a same base deity. That being said, I'm a soft polytheist, and I believe there are over-arching deities that show themselves in certain aspects to different cultures. I don't believe in Satan at all; firstly because in older Judaic Mythology, Satan is an angel responsible for tempting and strengthening faith, later Zoroastrian influences turned him into a Christian/Islamic "Anti-God".

Thing is, there's no doubt to me this wisdom-giving, kind of harsh but well-meaning, kind of proud but really benevolent deity exists, I like, as a syncretist, to associate this deity with Thoth, for example. I believe that this "Satan" is Thoth, the god of justice and wisdom, who weights the balance of good and evil, all of that. So I don't believe in a "Satan". I believe in a God of Knowledge and Justice, who could be both the Christian God and the Theistic Satanistim Satan in my opinion.

Comment

I read in the Qua'ran that Lucifer means 'Son of the Morning'. In my experience people with a strong Ascendant bias are childlike and of distinguished appearance. Whether this is accompanied by insolence and nihilism or innovation and perspicacity depends entirely on the individual and their choices.

- - - Updated - - -

... As childlike souls the choices of these individuals are especially likely to resemble those made by others in respect of them

Comment

Lucifer is an angel of light. In Christianity (and Judaism I guess) Lucifer was the brightest of all angels with the greatest talents and beauty. He brought one third of heaven's angels against God and his angels. There's also the old saying "when you see the face of true evil, he will be beautiful". Light is not always good and darkness is not always bad.

Different forms of Satanism look at Satan and his demons differently. The view that Satan and his demons want to help and love humanity is a popular one in Satanism. Lucifer does mean light bringer and this is something used by both Christians and Satanists to refer to Lucifer. Some Satanists conceive that Satan and Lucifer are technically different beings with Lucifer being the prideful angel cast out for his great love of humanity and Satan being the rebellious one who made war with god afterward. It's really open to interpretation. Being light doesn't mean you can't be dark too either. The morning star is so named because it's the last star of the night but it, like all stars not named the sun, fades during the day. This is a metaphor for how Satan guides those who partner with him and teaches them but with the intention that they'll stand on their own eventually. There are still other Satanists that don't believe in god at all and instead fit Satan in in different ways. This isn't even counting those who believe Lucifer/Satan/God are metaphors.

It's rather important to note that the passage which normally people use to refer to Satan as Lucifer is mistranslated (or misinterpretation). The reason is because Lucifer itself is a Latin name. Why is there a Latin name in a Hebrew book? because someone translated morning star as Lucifer and people mistook the metaphor.

"How art thou fallen from heaven, O day star, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst lay low the nations!And thou saidst in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God; and I will sit upon the mount of congregation, in the uttermost parts of the north:I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the Most High." - Isaaiah 14:12-14
        It actually refers to a powerful king in Babylonia. The king was strong and destroyed nations with his armies which earned him great respect but sought to make himself too strong and began to think of himself like god himself. So he was cut down for his hubris. It doesn't mean it can't also refer to Satan because it is easy to see why the mistake was made.
        Circe

Comment

"Does anyone else believe that Lucifer is an angel of light?"

Not I. I don't believe in angels. I'm a pantheist. I believe in the Cosmos. I think that gods are a human invention for relating to the Cosmos. Angels and fairies and things are different names for the same phenomenon across cultures.
          A human being is part of the whole, called by us 'Universe,' limited in time and space. He experiences himself...as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a prison for us... Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the of whole nature in its beauty...
          --Albert Einstein

Comment

Most people who have cracked a book or looked at a Blake painting are aware of Lucifer being the bearer of light. I'm just gonna wait till you find a new religion next week.
            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I think he was called the morning star,or the evening star somewhere.

Googled it,morning star is the name.
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                I think he was called the morning star,or the evening star somewhere
                the morning star
                http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                ~Jim Butcher

Comment

I don't believe that Lucifer is or ever was an actual being. As Corvus explained, the term "Lucifer" as equatable with Satan was essentially never factual at all. In fact, elsewhere in the Vulgate translation of the Bible, "Lucifer" is synonymous with Jesus (Revelation 22:16).

That being said, everyone is free to believe as they will. I'm a Theistic Satanist, so Satan (for me) serves a similar purpose as does Lucifer for you (although Satan, for me, is nowhere near as concerned with enlightening Humanity and otherwise being rather helpful and full of happy love and light).

There are a number of Demonolators who venerate the "Demon" they believe to be Lucifer - an entity strangely separate from Satan.

I'm not sure that I agree with your statement that "most Luciferians" worship Lucifer as a being of darkness. Actually, the opposite is factual. Most Luciferians believe as you do - only Michael W. Ford's minions tend to think of Lucifer as "dark".

Comment

Originally posted by Torey View Post
                    I don't believe that Lucifer is or ever was an actual being. As Corvus explained, the term "Lucifer" as equatable with Satan was essentially never factual at all. In fact, elsewhere in the Vulgate translation of the Bible, "Lucifer" is synonymous with Jesus (Revelation 22:16).

That being said, everyone is free to believe as they will. I'm a Theistic Satanist, so Satan (for me) serves a similar purpose as does Lucifer for you (although Satan, for me, is nowhere near as concerned with enlightening Humanity and otherwise being rather helpful and full of happy love and light).

There are a number of Demonolators who venerate the "Demon" they believe to be Lucifer - an entity strangely separate from Satan.

I'm not sure that I agree with your statement that "most Luciferians" worship Lucifer as a being of darkness. Actually, the opposite is factual. Most Luciferians believe as you do - only Michael W. Ford's minions tend to think of Lucifer as "dark".
                    Sorry for the misunderstanding. I assumed that because the 2 Luciferian sites I checked had dark, demonic imagery, and one of them had a disclaimer that made me scratch my head.

Comment

Jcaternolo didn't you just find this faith like a few days ago? Please stop acting like a dedicated Luciferian on a newfound mission to bring light and hope and knowledge to the dark unilluminated depths of the earth. You should still be reading to see if this faith is for you, not spearheading an international religious operation or whatever it is you're leading into here.

Also as was said, he is described blatantly as an angel of light, so yes.
                      White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
                      sigpic
                      In Days of yore,
                      From Britain's shore
                      Wolfe the dauntless hero came
                      And planted firm Britannia's flag
                      On Canada's fair domain.
                      Here may it wave,
                      Our boast, our pride
                      And joined in love together,
                      The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
                      The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Was wondering just how old you are Jcat?

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by Doc_Holliday View Post
                          Jcaternolo didn't you just find this faith like a few days ago? Please stop acting like a dedicated Luciferian on a newfound mission to bring light and hope and knowledge to the dark unilluminated depths of the earth. You should still be reading to see if this faith is for you, not spearheading an international religious operation or whatever it is you're leading into here.

Also as was said, he is described blatantly as an angel of light, so yes.
                          Excuse me? Just because I'm new to the religion, doesn't mean I can't agree with spreading light and truth throughout the world. And there's no dogma or anything to learn, the branch that I follow is solely based on spreading light and truth through the world. Because the Lucifer I follow isn't Satan. Yahweh is the one who is Satan to me.

And one doesn't have to even be a follower of a religion to agree with it's tenets. Does one have to be a buddhist to agree that one should shun the material? Or be kind to others? Does one have to be Wiccan to know to be kind to the earth? I assure you, I don't consider myself a traditional Luciferian, because I know nothing of this left hand path, right hand path, etc. I follow a simplified version of Luciferianism.

I find it deeply offensive that you are basically, labeling me as a poser, when I am following what I know to be right. You have no idea how many videos I watched to help me form an opinion. I agree with everything about it. Believe in our innate ability, be kind to the earth, spread truth and wisdom, and do not hate. That's all there is to it. And I did not once act high and mighty. I simply stated the beliefs of the branch of Luciferianism that I follow. I don't profess to be an expert on Luciferianism. These are my beliefs. And I'm sure I will be sticking with them this time.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                          Was wondering just how old you are Jcat?
                          I really don't know what my age has to do with any of this. I admit that I went through religions pretty fast, but that's because I'm always doing research, so my beliefs tended to change a lot. I guess that's my bad for updating my religion status so much.

Edit: I do admit, I shouldn't have assumed that most Luciferians considered Lucifer a being of darkness. I made that assumption, because the one who taught me about her form of Luciferianism, she said her version of Lucifer is an angel of light, not Satan. And the Luciferian websites I saw used dark imagery. I should've done my homework more, I get it. But we're all entitled to making mistakes. We're human.
                          Last edited by jcaternolo; 19 Apr 2014, 13:18.

Comment

Why I asked about your age is because I have seen people get swept up into things and wanting a perfect belief to follow. I worry that you will find yourself disappointed because your new found path does not live up to your expectations. Truthfully you might want to take a step back and not jump in feet first when considering the path you wish to call your own. The own part is very important,if you only try to follow someone idea of a path,then you become a follower,and not really a seeker after your own truth.

For some here,as they might agree the personal path they follow came from many hard roads and crossing at times raging rivers of personal folly's.
                            I would hope that your journey is easy and without disappointment,but the reality of life and the seeking of enlightenment is not for the faint of heart and you may be called on to find a deep strength in your passage towards your own truth.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by jcaternolo View Post
                              That's what I believe. My religion is Gnostic Luciferian, and I believe most Luciferians worship Lucifer as a being of darkness. But I believe he is an angel of light, wisdom, love, etc. Also, Lucifer means Morning Star, and Venus means morning star as well, so I believe he has ties with Venus. I guess that this branch of Luciferians can refer to each other as light workers. Because we try to bring light and hope to the world, while illuminating everyone with wisdom and truth, so we can help everyone reach their full potential as divines.
                              I am a bit undecided on Lucifer, to be perfectly honest. Corvus has already explained about the mistranslation and misunderstanding that birthed 'Lucifer' as a being referenced in the Bible... and there's not much more that the ancient texts have to say about him. Because of that, I'm not convinced that Lucifer was actually a being contemporary to any Angels prior to or following the Fall. However, there are enough Luciferians and Demonolators and Satanists who worship Lucifer for me to believe that he currently exists, at the very least as a deified egregore.

I haven't been interested enough in Lucifer to dig any further than that, though.

Comment

Working...
                              X