Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know a good Gnostic Christian community?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know a good Gnostic Christian community?

I'm in a Gnostic Christian group on Facebook, but someone made a post saying that the group isn't following the true Gnostic Christian philosophy. I was very confused, but I don't want to leave the group because there are good people there. But does anyone know a good Gnostic Christian forum I can join where they closely follow it? Also, the group I'm in referred to the Goddess as Sophia, but the one who mentioned that the group wasn't following Gnostic Christianity all the way referred to the Goddess as Mother Azna. Not sure which is correct =/

Disclaimer: I put this in Pagan Traditions because even though this is a form of Christianity, it is a very Pagan form of Christianity that is not rooted in Abrahamic Traditions.
    What one believes in is infinitely more important than WHO they believe in.

Re: Anyone know a good Gnostic Christian community?

I thought you were a gnostic Satanist.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

What religion are you today?

Google is your friend here btw, just google.
      White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
      sigpic
      In Days of yore,
      From Britain's shore
      Wolfe the dauntless hero came
      And planted firm Britannia's flag
      On Canada's fair domain.
      Here may it wave,
      Our boast, our pride
      And joined in love together,
      The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
      The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
        I thought you were a gnostic Satanist.
        I was Gnostic Luciferian. I switched to Gnostic Christianity because they're pretty much the same thing, except Gnostic Christianity believes in a God, Goddess, and Jesus. They still have the same view of the afterlife, which is basically do good, get knowledge, and in one of your lifetimes you will finally be able to pass on.

Comment

I've never heard of Mother Azna, Sophia I'm familiar with.

Past that, there are printed translations of portions of the documents that Gnostic philosophy is outlined in. Do some extra research, locate the appropriate Gospels and study them. That way, you know what you're dealing with well enough that random un-sourced commentary online is not cause for concern.
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
            I've never heard of Mother Azna, Sophia I'm familiar with.

Past that, there are printed translations of portions of the documents that Gnostic philosophy is outlined in. Do some extra research, locate the appropriate Gospels and study them. That way, you know what you're dealing with well enough that random un-sourced commentary online is not cause for concern.
            That's her name in the Nag Hamadi, or at least according to Sylvia Browne. Also, Sophia is a Greek name, I believe Azna is a Hebrew name, so this iteration of her name makes more sense to me. Although I guess that Sophia could work too, due to the pagan nature of Gnosticism.

Comment

Now it's gnostic with zen? Palease staph. For the love of katmandu.
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by jcaternolo View Post
                I'm in a Gnostic Christian group on Facebook, but someone made a post saying that the group isn't following the true Gnostic Christian philosophy.
                Absolute tosh. Even classical Gnostics disagreed with each other and wrote treatises condemning each others' schools. There was no monolithic GNOSTICISM competing with orthodox Christianity. There were many viewpoints, many different teachings, and many different theologies. Sethians, Carpocratians, and Valentinians were all Gnostic and were all completely different.

The post in your group is committing the No True Scotsman fallacy.
                There once was a man who said though,
                It seems that I know that I know,
                What I'd like to see,
                Is the I that knows me,
                When I know that I know that I know.

Comment

If it's like any other religion, there are paths, and divergents, and tangents, nothing remains exactly the same over time, nothing. I imagine it's someone who is sure they are right and every one else is wrong and wants everyone to know it.
                  http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                  ~Jim Butcher

Comment

I am wondering where I can get some of what ever you seem to be ingesting. That's far out man!

Oh well another day another interesting divergent path,breaks out GPS to see who I am today,and where the hell I am...
                    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Working...
                    X