This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stone Cold supports same sex marriage

Although I'm not gay myself, I'm glad that another big name is taking a stand for people's rights. Respect for Stone Cold +1000000

What one believes in is infinitely more important than WHO they believe in.

Re: Stone Cold supports same sex marriage

Yeah, I read about that today. I think it's pretty awesome if you ask me.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

wow i never thought that one of my favorite wrestlers when i was little would support my community in such a direct way. that is amazing
      Knowledge is the key to eternity. Not bowing before a deity not grovling at the feet of a messiah. Knowledge is power beyond mesure - satanic witch

Comment

As a fellow truck-driving, beer-loving, deer-hunting Texan; I approve this message.
        "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

I don't approve of his mouth.

- - - Updated - - -

Why do you support a man, jcaternolo, that has the foulest mouth in the world, well here in America? There have been hundreds of people that have come out in support of gay marriage that don't use foul language. He's not a role model for children and I don't approve of him at all. Yes, it's cool that he supports marriage equality but he can leave his foul mouth out of it.

Comment

I love it! Who would have ever expected such comments from someone with such a "redneck" fanbase? I thank the gods for men in the world like Stone Cold!

Comment

Originally posted by IsisSekhemetRa View Post
              I don't approve of his mouth.

- - - Updated - - -

Why do you support a man, jcaternolo, that has the foulest mouth in the world, well here in America? There have been hundreds of people that have come out in support of gay marriage that don't use foul language. He's not a role model for children and I don't approve of him at all. Yes, it's cool that he supports marriage equality but he can leave his foul mouth out of it.
              Because I think he's a diamond in the rough. Yeah, he can be a jackass. But he definitely knows what's up and doesn't let anyone intimidate him away from being a straight shooter. Also, he's one of the most well known and admired celebrities, so Stone Cold publicly supporting gay marriage is HUGE.
              What one believes in is infinitely more important than WHO they believe in.

Comment

...and that's the bottom line, cause Stone Cold says so!
                I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country
                Tribe of my Tribe
                Clan of my Clan
                Kin of my Kin
                Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
                And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
                  ...and that's the bottom line, cause Stone Cold says so!
                  Oh please,that's not a valid reason. But, whatever, you like his foul mouth and what he does, fine. But I don't support him or anything that he says. ANYTHING!

Comment

Oh please,that's not a valid reason. But, whatever, you like his foul mouth and what he does, fine.
                    Rick was being funny. "...and that's the bottom line, cause Stone Cold says so!" is Stone Cold's catch phrase.

But, here's the deal.

Wrestling is fake... and the personas of the wrestlers are facades. They're actors.

The character Stone Cold Steve Austin (whatever the real person may or may not be like), is rough and gruff, and appeals to a certain segment of the population... a segment that one would not expect to come out openly in support of gay rights.

This is a good thing. Regardless of what you think about the guy, or pro-wrestling for that matter (personally, I hate it)... it is a very good thing to have unexpected allies standing up for marriage equality and LGBT rights.

But I don't support him or anything that he says. ANYTHING!
                    does that mean that you are against LGBT rights, then, just because he said it?
                    "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

Oh please,that's not a valid reason. But, whatever, you like his foul mouth and what he does, fine. But I don't support him or anything that he says. ANYTHING!
                      You need to calm down or take a nap.
                      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I'm glad Stone Cold supports gay marriage. We need more big names to support gay marriage.
                        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Nothing against same sex marriages but some how a has been wrestler who might be trying to make a come back and get his name in the lights again endorsing same sex marriages just doesn't seem that big of a deal to me. Seem's like a lot of the same Hollywood media usage that so many other has been's have employed to get their names back in the media spotlight when they try to come back. That or the look I suffered it to and now am jumping on the bandwagon since its apparently something the public is worried about or talking about.
                          I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Working...
                          X